There may be trouble ahead......

Trouble within UKIP that is.

Farage "resigns". Other members of UKIP have their eyes on the job of leader.

THEN, the ruling board refuse to accept his resignation. The only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell has repeatedly refused to endorse Farage as leader again and when asked multiple times if he'd quit UKIP to become an Independent he said "No comment".

Suzanne Evans had been tipped to replace Farage and on the news that Farage would take up leadership again said "It's exactly what I expected hence I played down my appointment."

It didn't take long did it? Farage, the life and soul of the local boozer has made UKIP a laughing stock with his antics and some of the hierachy seem ready to tear the party apart.

I wonder what the UKIP voters think of that lot?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 90
See Most Recent
89 REPLIES 89

Here's one:-

Live long and prosper.

Message 41 of 90
See Most Recent

@bookhunter2007 wrote:

@astrologica wrote:
'Class' doesn't come into it. Mr Farage connects with ordinary people.

Nope. He connects with those who are gullible enough to drink his Kool Aid.  Most "ordinary people" can see past the populist soundbites, dog-whistles, and photo-ops.

Do you know what a demagogue is?

Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL   

Your usual uncalled for rudeness.  With the usual DRIBBLE.

Do YOU know what post 41 means?   That's YOU Mr Bookhunter Man Wink

Message 42 of 90
See Most Recent

I don't agree with Cameron on much, but his "fruit cakes, loonies and closet racists" comment regarding Kippers was pretty much spot on. The only debatable bit is the "closet".

Message 43 of 90
See Most Recent

Of course I know what a demagogue is......I'm educated.😄😄😄
Message 44 of 90
See Most Recent

@merehazle wrote:

Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's not making personal and rude comments ??

Smiley LOL  Pots and kettles

potsandkettles.jpg

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 45 of 90
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:

@merehazle wrote:

Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's not making personal and rude comments ??

Smiley LOL  Pots and kettles

potsandkettles.jpg

Man LOL Ah yes. I remember YOU Man Wink

I should not concern your self too much. The ''difference'' is that I never started it.  And I told the TRUTH. Sometimes if I see someone being rude ''unnessarily'' to someone I react like that. 

I think that's reasonable. And you obviously do not. (ah shame).  The clue's are also in post 41. But don't let that distract you. Though I rather suspect it may have influenced youMan Wink 

Thank you. Have a nice day. Goodbye.

Message 46 of 90
See Most Recent

inspector1.png

You suspect wrongly  big-smile2-smiley.gif

Message 47 of 90
See Most Recent

I don't know what a demigoogoo is ,can someone enlighten me ? I'm uneducated ,brought up by gibbons in darkest fluedisburg.

Message 48 of 90
See Most Recent

Footnote ,I have heard of Demi Moore ,is that the same ? 

Message 49 of 90
See Most Recent

A demagogue or rabble-rouser is a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices and ignorance of the lower classes in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness.

Live long and prosper.

Message 50 of 90
See Most Recent

The literal meaning of the word demagogue is "leader of the people".

It gained negative connotations because in Ancient Greece, (where the word originated), 'the people' were considered to be an uneducated mob whose demands were not to be taken seriously - thus anyone who spoke, or made demands, on their behalf were considered as rabble rousers by the ruling classes.

Thus the idea that a demagogue appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices and ignorance of the lower classes was how the ruling class described anyone who espoused the cause of the common man as they recognised the danger that demagogues posed for the establishment. 

Message 51 of 90
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

'the people' were considered to be an uneducated mob whose demands were not to be taken seriously

No change there then. Smiley LOL

Message 52 of 90
See Most Recent

Following the very thorough definition of a Demogogue could I seek clarity on what the panel believe defines the term Rabble? Oh and of course how one can apply that term to someone you have not either met or have the first notion of their skills, education or personality.
Message 53 of 90
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:
Following the very thorough definition of a Demogogue could I seek clarity on what the panel believe defines the term Rabble? Oh and of course how one can apply that term to someone you have not either met or have the first notion of their skills, education or personality.

That one's easy - who are rabble are defined by anyone using the term - so for instance I might talk of the rabble in Crawley town centre on a Saturday evening.  In which case I am referring to mostly youngsters who have in my opinion had a drop to much to drink.

A politician might well refer to those who disagree with them as rabble, a priest those who aren't believers, a teacher those who won't study - and so on.

Message 54 of 90
See Most Recent

Underclass rabble then look for a demigoogoo to speak out about their frustrations thus letting other underclass rabble feel they are not alone ? Well if thats the case ,what's wrong with nigel ? Isn't he showing people that everyone is not the same (democracy) be it educated or liberal or tolerant or not. Have I got it ?

'You have to be and think' has always got on my nellies since forced to share a room with a teacher and 30 other rabblers ,not that Nige speaks for me mind you but neither do any of them as I don't believe a word any of them say as they are a lying corrupt rabble paid to make servants out of folk for the mighty social engineering warlords... so t-pots in jobs, no more no less same as me and 90% of the people I chinwag with.

Message 55 of 90
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

I don't know what a demigoogoo is ,can someone enlighten me ? I'm uneducated ,brought up by gibbons in darkest fluedisburg.

A demigoogoo is a swing dance invented by HRH to the tune of Chattanooga choo choo

Charles-Dance-Mexi_3096399b.jpg

A demigoo (just the one goo) is a half sticky substance found on Post-it notes

Post it notes man.png

Message 56 of 90
See Most Recent

thanks suzie 🙂 Iknew it couldn't be that complicated. 

Message 57 of 90
See Most Recent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32800596

Live long and prosper.

Message 58 of 90
See Most Recent

Re the above link. Quite right too, if you ask me. An unprovoked character assasination that appears to have backfired on O'Flynn.

And moving on in BIG...

Mister EMB

Message 59 of 90
See Most Recent

This thread seems Left-Wing.  I suppose that's to be expected, because the posters on here seem mainly composed of young people.  And young people always oppose the Tories, and vote Labour.

That is a fact.  It's purely an age thing.  When you're young,  you never vote Conservative. It's kind of against your genes.

Message 60 of 90
See Most Recent