The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Would you Adam & Eve it ?

First it was the Robertson's Marmalade Golly that caused some people to be mortally offended, now poor old Betty Boop has come in for criticism. Every one has a right to be offended, but for such a simple thing as a cartoon character, why can't they ...

Fox attacks people

Interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33360817 From the article: A "vicious" fox trapped eight people inside a sports club for three hours as it stalked them from the car park.The animal appeared as people were preparing to...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off with their Heads

What a sensational scoop by the SUN newspaper, Yes that Bastion of British Journalism has done it again. Somehow they managed to obtain a film of the Queen with her parents and sister at Balmoral more than 80 years ago. They are shown briefly doing a...

Time for some Community Spirit

In years gone by the Q&A boards used to be frequented by many posters who no longer show their faces for various reasons. There used to be bun fights and arguments on a regular basis back then, even more than now, but there was also a community spiri...

Crime, punishment and re-offending.

It seems that the Justice Secretary is considering the issue of "earned release" for offenders and is thinking about teaching them "a proper lesson" to help prevent re-offending. http://news.sky.com/story/1520431/gove-wants-to-teach-prisoners-a-prope...

User avatar by Guide
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone want to bet on this..

Britain will NOT foot the bill for rescuing Greece, Osborne warns after Brussels threatens to hit UK with 1BILLION bill for emergency loans British public could be forced to contribute £1billion towards Greek bailout Government to fight European bid ...

There may be trouble ahead......

Trouble within UKIP that is. Farage "resigns". Other members of UKIP have their eyes on the job of leader. THEN, the ruling board refuse to accept his resignation. The only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell has repeatedly refused to endorse Farage as leader ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 89 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blindness Is No Barrier To Selling On Ebay

Blindness Is No Barrier I climbed into bed with Ebay in the hope of reaping a dividend or two to subsidise my income. Perhaps I ought to mention at this stage that I am registered blind. I have a condition by the name of bilateral optic nerve hypopla...

MANY MANY THANKS TO UK AND USA EBAY MEMBERS!

I'm Apostolos (apostolos72 ebay member), a seller from Greece and would like to thank all the ebay members/buyers located especially in UK and USA for their support during these days of crisis in my country. Their trust brought me a lot of courage! G...

Destruction of Ancient Ruins and Artifacts.

Did anyone see the programme on BBC4 on Tuesday night with Dan Cruickshank? It was showing the way in which ISIS are destroying ancient ruins and artifacts in Iraq and Syria. It really was shocking...and poor Dan was beside himself while watching the...

One of my childhood hero's found Safe and well

Missing former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes has been found near his home in Majorca after going missing for more than eight hours.The 81-year-old, who suffers from Alzheimer's Disease, was found in a storm drain about one kilometre from his home,...

The End of the Sporting road is in sight

Sports fans will no doubt be elated to learn that from 2024 the BBC will lose it's rights to screen the Summer Olympics (winter goes in 2022) Eurosport have paid a billion for the right which equates to 20% of the Beebs annual budget. In what represe...

What's your answer to this?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/calais-migrants-face-catastrophe-153936990.html#3RP7sMo The situation can't go on? Not only can the stowaway situation there not continue, the constant flow of people trying to get to Europe and/or Britain cannot continue ei...

User avatar by Guide
  • 178 replies
  • 0 kudos

20.10 on a Sunday Evening

And still the phone rings this time about window replacement. I keep reading about how the country has progressed and how change is essential, When Bombay Billy phones in 20 mins time pleading with me to tell him all my personal details and it will o...

New Guidelines for NHS staff

Doctors, nurses and midwives will be required to make verbal apologies to their patients after medical mistakes, according to new guidelines published today.Medical professionals must apologise and explain their mistakes as soon as they are aware tha...

China's annual DOG meat festival....

...where tens of thousands of dogs are killed. Thousands of dogs are being shipped in an slaughtered by dog traders at the notorious Yulin meat festival Guangi Autonomous Region to mark China's summer solstice. Harrowing pictures have emerged of fami...

000_0007.JPG

Anyone for Tea?

Some years ago when alternative teas and infusions first surfaced I tried a number of them, some I liked others I could find no attraction with. So I stuck to my Twinings breakfast tea, Then the Coffee franchises came along and whilst I enjoy a decen...

Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights

Anyone seen them or want to see them? There's a reasonable chance of seeing them in UK tonight (Mon 22nd) weather permitting: http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/ As a very rough KP guide for location: KP5 - Can be seen from North ScotlandKP...

Meanwhile on the other side of the World

The following article was written by Nick Carter for the Sydney Herald, It is an interesting take on free speech which seems familiar. How dare our Prime Minister slander the abstemious Irish, a sober, temperate and respectable people healthy of mind...

Panic stations ..... Panic stations ..... lol

I've got a few panic stations going round inside my head just now and you guys are getting the full brunt of the gist of the issue.It starts like this.I just got the following e-mail from the company that organises the National lottery.Read it and th...

Will you be Celebrating IYD?

Yes today is International Yoga Day a chance for us to celebrate this Hindu art which has been around for more than 2500 years. Is it relevent in todays world? I think so as I do some of it's derivatives particularly mindfulness which is proving it's...

Here's an interesting question?

Stick with the story........ Let us suppose that 70 years ago a man was accidentally shot dead while out shooting Grey squirrels in a large wood with a group of other people. An inquest decided it was an accident and that one of the group was the unf...

User avatar by Guide
  • 74 replies
  • 0 kudos