There may be trouble ahead......

Trouble within UKIP that is.

Farage "resigns". Other members of UKIP have their eyes on the job of leader.

THEN, the ruling board refuse to accept his resignation. The only UKIP MP, Douglas Carswell has repeatedly refused to endorse Farage as leader again and when asked multiple times if he'd quit UKIP to become an Independent he said "No comment".

Suzanne Evans had been tipped to replace Farage and on the news that Farage would take up leadership again said "It's exactly what I expected hence I played down my appointment."

It didn't take long did it? Farage, the life and soul of the local boozer has made UKIP a laughing stock with his antics and some of the hierachy seem ready to tear the party apart.

I wonder what the UKIP voters think of that lot?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 90
See Most Recent
89 REPLIES 89

Re: There may be trouble ahead......

wave2laughing

Live long and prosper.

Message 81 of 90
See Most Recent

Mister EMB

Message 82 of 90
See Most Recent

bumpasaurus.jpg   Bumps.gif

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 83 of 90
See Most Recent

Goodness me, seems like the knives are out all round?:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33202900

Quoting from the above link:-

Former UKIP MEP Godfrey Bloom, described Mr Farage as "an autocratic general" who would not stand any criticism.

"Watching Suzanne Evans, it was bit like watching a 1938 politburo member criticising Joe Stalin," Mr Bloom, a former flatmate of Nigel Farage's who quit the party in 2013 after falling out with him, said.

"I don't know where she thought she was going with that. I know you chaps seem to buy this 'good old Nigel' with a pint image but believe me he's nothing like that. He's a very ruthless operator and even a hint of criticism from anybody and you have your membership card chopped up and that's how it's been for many years."

He added: "There's this terrible dichotomy we now have in UKIP: that is that they have a party leader who is extremely popular with the membership - and the strength of the party is with hardworking dedicated activists - and a party leader who sadly is unelectable."

"It is a rather autocratic organisation and you can get away with that when you're winning. Had he won his seat and had UKIP won some seats in Westminster you can get away with it, but it's very difficult to be an autocratic general when you're losing battles."

Good old Nigel with a pint certainly fits the much photographed image of Farage?

Live long and prosper.

Message 84 of 90
See Most Recent

Well it's a long time since we had a 'Night of the Long Knives'. I think the last time was when poor old Margaret Hilda was ousted. I don't however think that will happen to Nigel. (Confirmation below).

'He's a very ruthless operator and even a hint of criticism from anybody and you have your membership card chopped up and that's how it's been for many years'."

Good old Nigel. Doesn't suffer fools gladly. Hack out the dead wood.

*sings, Making Plans For Nigel*

Mister EMB

Message 85 of 90
See Most Recent

Apparently, Evans has now been "unsacked":

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/19/ukip-suzanne-evans-unsacked-media-spokesperson

UKIP = More U-turns than a dodgy plumber.

Message 86 of 90
See Most Recent

Oh dear, off to jail?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33508850

Live long and prosper.

Message 87 of 90
See Most Recent

bookhunter2007 wrote:

UKIP = More U-turns than a dodgy plumber.

Dodgy Dave has negotiated more twists and turns than Hampton Court Maze.

Brought to you courtesy of

photo BUMP06.gif

& Co Ltd.

Mister EMB

Message 88 of 90
See Most Recent

Very strange? I don't recall any mention of "bumping" when this very old thread was resurrected?:-

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/The-Round-Table/Whats-a-quot-bum-starter-quot/m-p/4293336#M157942

Live long and prosper.

Message 89 of 90
See Most Recent

Your above post does not compute. *insert confused smiley here*

However since you mention 'jail', half of the Houses of Parliament should be incarcerated.

Mister EMB

Message 90 of 90
See Most Recent