Lazy or getting to much money..

Recruitment boss brands unemployed 'lazy' after NO ONE applies for FIFTY jobs - in town where 2,000 people are without work

• Danny James, owner of a recruitment agency, needed unskilled workers
  • When he posted advert at local Jobcentre not a single person came forward
  • But one job-seeker said the work would have earned him LESS than benefits

Danny James says the attitude of local jobseekers is 'a disgrace'

A company boss who advertised 50 vacancies in a city with nearly 2,000 unemployed has branded local jobseekers 'lazy' after nobody came forward.

Danny James, owner of recruitment agency Consistent Personnel, urgently required unskilled workers for at least three months' work at a local food factory.

But when he posted an advert at the local Jobcentre not a single person came forward in time for the start of the contract.

Mr James said the response was 'unbelievable' and the attitude of local job-seekers was 'a disgrace'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2469954/Boss-offered-job-vacancies-brands-unemployed-lazy-ap... 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Very outdated Attitudes ? Tommy

People lead such busy lives nowaday , they dont need to work , in the sense that you construe , many people have artisitic and creative ambitions , that need to satisified , or they may have a intermittent health problem , that makes them dizzy at odd times , usually when the alrm clock rings in the middle of noght , or when they have to travel in publis transport   

Even though they are not working in the victorian sense thta you mean , they are very busy , getting their kids ready for school , making breaksfast (cornflakes dont make themselves you know )

Or they have busy social engagments to catch up on , like watching some obscure daytime tv , or relaxing online with some friends .

Its also very important to keep their bodies preserved and fresh , Elbow joints need rested , as do backside s , and this is best done whilst lounging in thier own sitting rooms ,

You pnly get one set of elbows in your life , and just think of the hammering they take propping yourself up , so you view television programmes properly .

Whatever people say about benefits Britian , they must fundamentally realise , thta its not "work " (as you crudely put it ) thta is the problem  , everyone for example is ready to take a Job with the right pay and condtions , they simply WILL not do "any " job . esp[ecially one suited for Poles or Asians (these are low grade workers , with limited langauge skills and an annoying amount of energy )

No British workers need well paid jobs , with the best condntions in the world , provided by large employers , who can gurantee them and their descendants , a lifetimes work .

Its then and only then that the benefits folk will come into their own  

Rule Brittania

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Man gets to rant in the Daily Mail because the Job Centre couldn't do his job for him at a couple of hours notice.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Apart from the very short timescale, one reason why yhere may not have been any takers is that some that may have wanted to do the work but had a future appointment at the Job Centre, would not have wanted to risk a sanction by working instead.

Believe it or not, finding a job and being at work is not a good enough reason for missing an appointment or attending a job interview and could lead to  JSA sanctions with any future applications.

Nice free advert for amateurish job agency, why didn't food company go to Jobcentre, them selves ?

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10733192.Worcester_firm_offers_50_jobs___and_gets_no_application...

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

Nice free advert for amateurish job agency, why didn't food company go to Jobcentre, them selves ?

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10733192.Worcester_firm_offers_50_jobs___and_gets_no_application...

Because they wanted an agency for cheap labour and no rules for their workers..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

One of the comments about the story.

I received an email about this vacancy yesterday(Thursday) afternoon at 4pm,asking if I could be at Sidbury at 3pm. Not my fault is it? I suggest Danny James has made a balls up and is trying shift the blame in someone else. 50 jobs at that short notice? When did the consistent personnel become aware of these vacancies? Oops, best blame the lazy unemployed.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Interesting side story.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10747095.I___m_so_angry_at_being_called_a_lazy_scrounger/?ref=mr

I'm not sure I would go to Danny Jones either for a job or to find staff.

They would rather go Shoplifting!!!. That was awful that programme last night. They are STARK RAVING MAD!!. Why do they do that and treat it like a career taking orders from people pahhhhh!!. And then crying when they know they are going to prison??. Unbelievable!!!!.

Woman Mad

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

@bankhaunter wrote:

Interesting side story.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10747095.I___m_so_angry_at_being_called_a_lazy_scrounger/?ref=mr

I'm not sure I would go to Danny Jones either for a job or to find staff.

Why not? - at least he managed to find 10 people willing to fill some of the vacancies with his limited resources - 10 more than the Job Centre.

Maybe his comments on FB were OTT but I can understand the sentiment behind them!

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Because he has no commonsense and alsofor the same reason I don't buy from sellers who abuse buyers.

@bankhaunter wrote:

Because he has no commonsense and alsofor the same reason I don't buy from sellers who abuse buyers.

But would you refuse to sell to buyers who abuse sellers?

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Given the opportunity I wouldn't be happy accepting bids from a buyer who had a record of abuse to sellers.

Nor, I suspect, would many others.

@bankhaunter wrote:

Given the opportunity I wouldn't be happy accepting bids from a buyer who had a record of abuse to sellers.

Nor, I suspect, would many others.

Not being 'happy accepting bids" and refusing to sell are not quote the same thing.

Those looking for work are essentially the sellers of their labour, those recruiting are the buyers - if you can't sell your goods to anyone else then, whilst you may not be happy doing so, it doesn't make sense to refuse to sell to someone who has been abusive to other sellers but not to you.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

It would seem little point to me to go to an agency with obviously few people on their books and also that indulged in unprofessional behaviour which would serve to make it more likely they didn't get any in the future.

Or one that simply passed the job to someone else ie. the Job Centre, if that's all they are good for, a company looking for staff could go direct and save themselves money.

@bankhaunter wrote:

It would seem little point to me to go to an agency with obviously few people on their books and also that indulged in unprofessional behaviour which would serve to make it more likely they didn't get any in the future.

Or one that simply passed the job to someone else ie. the Job Centre, if that's all they are good for, a company looking for staff could go direct and save themselves money.

You could say the same about those agencies who advertise vacancies in local papers, employers could advertise the post themselves.

I didnt say it was good business for an agency to behave in the way this one did with public statements - you are now looking at the relationship between employer and agency where the selling and buying roles are reversed. 

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent