Imagine all disabled and young people voting ?

Imagine if  15 MILLION disabled people and young people all registered and voted in May 2015?!

That’s the aim of Two different campaigns, Operation Disabled Vote has set up a web page aiming to ensure as many of the 11 Million disabled people in the UK are registered, ready to participate in Election 2015. If you need more reasons to refister/vote visit  DISABILITY COUNTS

The TUC are working with Bite The Ballot to reach the 4 Million UK young people, eligible to vote next year but who are unregistered.

FIFTEEN Million people, all who have been discrimnated against by the current regime. ready and willing to participate in electing the next Government; what would the outcome be?

http://jaynelinney.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/imagine-all-disabled-and-young-people-voting/

We are many,They are few
Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

FIFTEEN Million people, all who have been discrimnated against by the current regime

laugh3-smiley.gif

Message 2 of 33
See Most Recent

Take a look at Calum's list for more side splitting stories for your amusement
http://wowpetition.com/calums-list/

We are many,They are few
Message 3 of 33
See Most Recent

What definition for Disabled was used in this report?

Message 4 of 33
See Most Recent

11 million disabled ? in the UK ?

that 's one in 6 !

Getting the 4 million kjds to regsiter to vote will be easy , just put a sign up " Free Iphone 6 " 

If they have trouble understanding politics , just draw a picture of a Pick and shovel , on the ballot card , next to the Tory Party 

They will soon realise that voting Tory , is voting for a job 

Another problem that disenfranchises the poor and disadvantadged  in our society , is the polling booth opening hours of 7am till 22pm 

They dont ge tup till Midday , and spend the afternoon in their pyjamas , looking for a stale crisp packet ,and some flat coke , when they do venture out to buy some frozen pizzas , by the time they are back and heated them up , there will be some Facebook statuses to catch up with , then theirs telly ,

And whose going to go outside in the "Baltic " wind and rain of a day in MAY ?

I do understand that rivers of blood were spilled , by previous generations , to get a a righ to vote , but those that are gone , had nothing to put up with like what we have now ....................." Food banks " !

😉

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 5 of 33
See Most Recent

@papko wrote:

Another problem that disenfranchises the poor and disadvantadged  in our society , is the polling booth opening hours of 7am till 22pm 

They dont ge tup till Midday , and spend the afternoon in their pyjamas , looking for a stale crisp packet ,and some flat coke , when they do venture out to buy some frozen pizzas , by the time they are back and heated them up , there will be some Facebook statuses to catch up with , then theirs telly ,

I do understand that rivers of blood were spilled , by previous generations , to get a a righ to vote , but those that are gone , had nothing to put up with like what we have now ....................." Food banks " !

Do you manage to get out much yourself?

Message 6 of 33
See Most Recent

If you lived in the NE you would know wind rain and even snow are quite possible in May.Woman LOL

Message 7 of 33
See Most Recent

Wind is a year round problem which develops with age.
Rain is compulsory in some parts.
Voting is only applicable to those who feel their vote will count.
The Scots set an example however they got the content right to. Just yes or no.
That question alone would preclude a political activist from answering.
If you want to pull in the voters give them a choice, sprinkle in a few honest policies, A generous dose of humility, a chance to be heard but above all only put up candidates with a desire to serve others.
Message 8 of 33
See Most Recent

Do you manage to get out much yourself?

About as much as you do , just sit in the conservatory reading the Guardian  rail about "bankers " and "food banks " , meanwhile kepp all my possessions , cars , properties , buy to lets , and steady well paid public sector job .

redistribute the wealth by all means , but leave mine , as I workd for it , 

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 9 of 33
See Most Recent

Should all disabled people be allowed to vote?  What about  the ones with *Learning Difficulties".  How are they supposed to know which party they're voting for.  They'd probably mark their ballot paper with an "X" scrawled at random among the voting boxes.

Unless their carer guided their hand,  to mark whichever box suited her own political views.

Not that it would make any difference.  Anyone with any sense stopped "voting" years ago.

Message 10 of 33
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

Should all disabled people be allowed to vote?  What about  the ones with *Learning Difficulties".  How are they supposed to know which party they're voting for.  They'd probably mark their ballot paper with an "X" scrawled at random among the voting boxes.

Unless their carer guided their hand,  to mark whichever box suited her own political views.

Not that it would make any difference.  Anyone with any sense stopped "voting" years ago.

You ar4e probably the most offensive **** that I have seen on these boards in a while.

Sop the disabled should be denied the right to vote?

Are you akso in favour of bringing bacdk workhouses or just locking us up so we don't

offend the likes of you if we have the temerity to go outside?

Message 11 of 33
See Most Recent

Perhaps we need to make a distinction between two types of disability

1. Physical disability.

This is like, they're in a wheelchair, because their legs don't work. Because of an injury, or a long-term illness.

Neither of these afflictions should disqualify them from voting.  They don't stop their minds functioning. Their minds are quite ok. They can make rational decisions.  Such as who to vote for, in an an election.  I would accept any vote from such a person,  as fully valid.

However, this is different  from a person who has - 

2. Mental disability

This is like,  their brain isn't working properly. It's not rational.  From whatever cause, they can't think properly.

So why should we take account of a vote, from such a person.  They're clearly not competent.

This argument seems fairly reasonable.  What's wrong with it?

Message 12 of 33
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

1. Physical disability.

This is like, they're in a wheelchair, because their legs don't work. Because of an injury, or a long-term illness.

Neither of these afflictions should disqualify them from voting.  They don't stop their minds functioning. Their minds are quite ok. They can make rational decisions.  Such as who to vote for, in an an election.  I would accept any vote from such a person,  as fully valid.

2. Mental disability

This is like,  their brain isn't working properly. It's not rational.  From whatever cause, they can't think properly.

So why should we take account of a vote, from such a person.  They're clearly not competent.

Just read the last 2 posts you have made as if you weren't a bigot and then answer your own questions.

Have you ever met a person with any mental disability?

Would you classify a person with dipolar disorder as being unfit to vote or schizophrenica or another one

of the thousands of mental disorders of whatever severity?

I would definately like to preclude people like you from voting.

Message 13 of 33
See Most Recent

@paul4757 wrote:

@malacandran wrote:

1. Physical disability.

2. Mental disability

Just read the last 2 posts you have made as if you weren't a bigot and then answer your own questions.

Have you ever met a person with any mental disability?

Would you classify a person with dipolar disorder as being unfit to vote or schizophrenica or another one

of the thousands of mental disorders of whatever severity?

I would definately like to preclude people like you from voting.

Very well said Paul!

What a disgusting specimen malacandran seems to be. I was reading through this thread and was thinking that papko's opinions were offensive enough but this other guy takes the biscuit!

Who on earth do you think you are malacandran, to be dictating who should and who shouldn't be allowed to vote? Maybe you ought to look at your own thought processes before you judge anyone, as you obviously lack any ability to show humility and empathy, ergo that puts you in the frame as being a sociopath...

noun, Psychiatry.
a person whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. "

Perhaps you should spend a few minutes reflecting about how people might just judge you, if we as a society are going to start making rules about the sort of people that are allowed to vote!

And as for papko, another poster that seems to be suffering from the same mental disability as malacandran! Both of you are ignorant in the extreme, let's hope that you don't become disabled at some point in the future.  You don't know what's around the corner - heart attacks, stroke, dementia etc., but if we had a society where everyone had the same opinion as you, then you'd be in for a very rough ride.

Admittedly, there are some people out there with questionable disabilities that I wouldn't support however, the vast majority of those with disabilities are very genuine cases and who deserve our help and sympathy, not the insults that you seem to think are appropriate. 

Frankly,  this place has certainly gone to the dogs in my absence with the appearance of you two!

And by the way! There are over 6 and a half million unpaid carers in this country having to subsist on just over £61 per week, ( that's to cover everything from bills to rent and food etc., ) do you think they really enjoy living a life of abject poverty when they can't afford to eat properly, keep warm in the winter or replace clothing and footwear when necessary despite the extra wear and tear on such things, not to mention being at someone's beck and call 24/7, even when they are ill themselves? - yeah great career choice huh? !

If you lived in the NE you would know wind rain and even snow are quite possible in May "

Ain't that just the truth! Smiley LOL  Brrrrrrrr, lol 

@Joe_Bloggs - and who do you recommend they should vote for? I can guarantee that things will not improve under a labour government, not one jot! They have no clue and couldn't care less!

+
+
+
:-) 🙂 🙂 ***** HAPPY NEW YEAR ***** 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent

I firmly believe we should all vote either non of the above or tory and overwhelmingly...I hate the right wing tories guts beyond recognition but the tories without (cant say word for him on community forum) Smith and the likes of him whom need outing completely out of politics (,I mean in this complete mess who the hell needs a bigot with opinions)

the rest were given a pretty much impossible job from a known liar and thief of menevolant proportion only knew by Thatcher.. the rotten Blair (whom should be in prison for a list of crimes that all warrent the death sentence)

.The Tories have not saved a damn penny with their idea of autistry in fact they have plummeted the countries grandchildren into debt with the fedral reserve and petro dollar borrowing...but ,they did have to do something and  they did have to beg and creep to billionaires to bank here ..all other parties have to do the same,the exact same policies are happening all over europe as the USA pulls the plug and demands its money back (rightly so) 

If we all vote one party and never vote different ,then we will become a one party country and as such the one party will always be accountable for its borrowing (gov bonds that is you me and your kids working off the debt) because  letting this nonsense 3 party ''it was their fault'' charade continue will eventually see the end of the human race.

One party whos MP's wages paid by tax payers can be cut to zero if nessacery if they theive,lie or mess it up or anything else that is deprimental to any people from any warp of society...soooo tell Ukip to go jump,tell labour hahahah you cant be serious tell libs ,who ? tell greens ,other colours are viable colours and tell tories yep no probs but dont expect payment until everyone else is happy again................or all vote get lost the lot of you and bring back the monarchy

just my opinion .

Message 15 of 33
See Most Recent

on a footnote ,I am curious to papko's post in ''redistribute the wealth but leave mine alone ,I worked for it'' as he always advocates ''livin o fat o land' for  people on the poorer side of life (ie benefits) ..I would think an opinion that says such would live such and therefore not need or require any or much wealth to leave alone ?

Message 16 of 33
See Most Recent

Having read through the above posts, I'm more than ever convinced of this:

No-one should be allowed to vote, without having first passed an IQ test.

Message 17 of 33
See Most Recent

Wonders if  malac knows what IQ means ? obviously not in the context of the post..but there you go .

Message 18 of 33
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

Wonders if  malac knows what IQ means ? obviously not in the context of the post..but there you go .

Indeed! He certainly hasn't anything there that competes in any way, shape or form with my  I.Q. 

Perhaps he was agreeing that his attitude falls far short of the attitudes expressed by 'normal' people and is therefore, concurring that he himself wouldn't be allowed to vote under the terms of his own rules.

That is the only conclusion One could draw from reading his posts.

+
+
+
:-) 🙂 🙂 ***** HAPPY NEW YEAR ***** 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 19 of 33
See Most Recent

Perfectly said borojax,and I thought the exact same thing 'he was advocating himself a non vote allowee ' 🙂

Message 20 of 33
See Most Recent