Imagine all disabled and young people voting ?

Imagine if  15 MILLION disabled people and young people all registered and voted in May 2015?!

That’s the aim of Two different campaigns, Operation Disabled Vote has set up a web page aiming to ensure as many of the 11 Million disabled people in the UK are registered, ready to participate in Election 2015. If you need more reasons to refister/vote visit  DISABILITY COUNTS

The TUC are working with Bite The Ballot to reach the 4 Million UK young people, eligible to vote next year but who are unregistered.

FIFTEEN Million people, all who have been discrimnated against by the current regime. ready and willing to participate in electing the next Government; what would the outcome be?

http://jaynelinney.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/imagine-all-disabled-and-young-people-voting/

We are many,They are few
Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Imagine all disabled and young people voting ?

@malacandran wrote:

Perhaps we need to make a distinction between two types of disability

1. Physical disability.

This is like, they're in a wheelchair, because their legs don't work. Because of an injury, or a long-term illness.

Neither of these afflictions should disqualify them from voting.  They don't stop their minds functioning. Their minds are quite ok. They can make rational decisions.  Such as who to vote for, in an an election.  I would accept any vote from such a person,  as fully valid.

However, this is different  from a person who has - 

2. Mental disability

This is like,  their brain isn't working properly. It's not rational.  From whatever cause, they can't think properly.

So why should we take account of a vote, from such a person.  They're clearly not competent.

This argument seems fairly reasonable.  What's wrong with it?

'Perhaps we need to make distinction between two types of ability'    Only perhaps? 

Perhaps YOUR brain isn't  working properly?  We have a NHS service here in this country, which includes Clinical  Psychologist's. They asses the situation. And thank Christ you don't. IMO you are not competent. And YOU cant think properly.

'So why should we take account of a vote, FROM SUCH A PERSON.' You could not say that any other way could you? 

You take account from SUCH A PERSON because they have ''rights'' just like you. And whether some like YOU like it or not many would be following a tradition of their family, and voting that way. That's the kind of competence that is also allowed. 

paul # 11 & 12. borax #14 & 19. joamer #20. Yes I agree.

Message 21 of 33
See Most Recent

Hi everyone,

It looks like this thread is getting a little heated.

I would like to kindly ask you to stick to the topic and please refrain from personal disputes as they go against our Community Policies and Values.

Thank you.

Regards,

rvincent-78
Community Moderator

Message 22 of 33
See Most Recent

Not that it would make any difference.  Anyone with any sense stopped "voting" years ago.

Elections and voting are only to give the people the illusion that they are choosing something.

Voting makes no difference, the civil service will carry on running the country regardless

Photobucket
Message 23 of 33
See Most Recent

In reply to mustard,I think you are right, that there is only one institution running the show ....but I think your wrong about voting,You We and All must vote,never ever dont vote as thats a win for them....Vote the same side in all the time is my theory as this will bring them squarely in the rightful place ''the public eye'' and thats where they hate being for long periods ...hence the change about game, ,dont let them keep the farce up and all vote on mass to keep them with no escape door.

You know and I know and anyone with an ounce of thought for others know,nothing changes except the party..policies that get one party voted out stay and are added to by the new party because as you say its all one party....,the raving greedy bankers party...so please do vote please tell everyone to vote and please do get everyone to vote tory gits..that way our kids will have them lock stock and barrel in the worst place on earth for them....'right in front of you' 

Message 24 of 33
See Most Recent

on a footnote ,I am curious to papko's post in ''redistribute the wealth but leave mine alone ,I worked for it'' as he always advocates ''livin o fat o land' for  people on the poorer side of life (ie benefits) ..I would think an opinion that says such would live such and therefore not need or require any or much wealth to leave alone ?

Dont really understand what you mean 

What I mean  by  ''redistribute the wealth but leave mine alone ,I worked for it''

Is all my friends are "Socialsits /Anarchists " or waht passes for that nowadays , they all have at least 2 cars , a property and a buy toi let  

they all rail agaisnt the banks for example , but dont see the connection between lax lending policy by banks , and their own rise up the property ladder , aided by Magggie, when she gave thme their first chance by buying their council house .

They all want " wealth redistributed " , yet everything they have thye get to keep , its only the vastly wealthy 

that must give up , theirs

Strikes me as unjust , as they are vastly wealthy in comparison to other people in the world .

On the second point the "fat of the land " , well its well known on these boards that I Believe the welfare state has created dependency , a legion of many millions in the country who can't work , wont work ,  its a lifestyle choice , and it is self fulfilling 

Lazy , inept workshy , get rewarded , for being useless and giving it up , Its a trap , for as they know , if they do "succeed " , then they end up having to work all th ehour sjust to standstill , as opposed to lying on a couch all day drinking sugar drinks and eating crisps .

The system has to change , because many millions of immigrants have poured int o this country and never had it so good , with the money and the easy work  

And instead of competing for jobs , our "working class " , have stopped working .

Just slash the benefits , give them a bowl of soup at a Church hall , and let them survive as best they can , they will soon catch on 

Without benefits ,  we can soon reduce income tax , and really get this country moving

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 25 of 33
See Most Recent

Thanks for that Papko,I will agree to most of your points up to ''just give them soup they will catch up'' and ''income tax will change if benefit is stopped''

Firstly 'oh no it wont', change a thing if benefit is stopped and by your own reasoning of your friends the greed distribution is self proof,sad but true ''me me me but who cares about them mentallity'rules the roost from the top down to the near bottom.

Secondly,'give em soup and /or else,' well what about the dead in that system,there are over a million missing persons in this country since the benefit fraud of our time scheme came into play , in just five years ....a big chunk are thought to be dead ,no concern of ours eh ?

Not a penny has been saved and not only that our ( lol) gov borrowing is more than labour (albeit labour stole all the money the country did have first ,so it looks better) this borrowing will see your grand kids kids working it off and no they wont be living on easy street through it. because the GREED point is  'the money isnt used for better for all ,just some'.

Yes there are workshy or clever people who know / think why bother...but whom set up a system where there will always be more people than jobs ? you know and so do I...if you don't and I am assuming too much then all your opinions are just that. I do agree that if work is there and its of satisfactory status and there are people just not bothered,its wrong to fund that off workers who are bothered...but you have to see that isnt the case,in this system (yes this and that case but no to the main case) its all a big sham to keep the pretence up (rich are deserving you know )

The bottom line is giving em soup and let what happens happens is a disgusting disease that is brainwashed by one form or other into human beings minds to help them forget that they are ...err well, human beings ( remember them ?) 

Work house with ''WORK IS FREEDOM' entry points for those less deserving and fenced in skinny buggers with a look of death about them around your corner is it ?  

Me ? well I have a poisoned heart and brain against it all as I have seen that before and as I recall from visiting here and there and reading letters and accounts from those who wrote what they saw , basically Millions of people died fighting for freedom and justice for ...are you ready .....me and you. 

Lets stop pointing fingers at each other and get this country back to what it should be...a world leader in humanities.

..or not 🙂

Message 26 of 33
See Most Recent

forgot to add ,all vote together 🙂

Message 27 of 33
See Most Recent

It seems so strange, that anyone should even consider "voting"  for David Cameron, Ed Milliband, or Nick Clegg.

Or why anyone actually watches "Strictly Come Dancing", or "The X-Factor".  Can you imagine being subjected to such **bleep**?

To me, it's a complete mystery.  Is it because I belong to an intellectual elite?

Message 28 of 33
See Most Recent

I would say an opinionated elite 

Well why not vote for Cameron ? better than voting change about and stay the same isn't it...at least you will be happy in your grave knowing that your grandkids can point in the right direction to their discomforts.

Message 29 of 33
See Most Recent

Your reply does show some indications, that you may be a possible candidate to join the intellectual elite.

Message 30 of 33
See Most Recent

What good does it do you ? being part of this "intellectual elite "  ?

I been 12 years on ebay and had 1000's of sales and I trust people more than ever now
Message 31 of 33
See Most Recent

helps give you opinions .........

I think 🙂

Message 32 of 33
See Most Recent

@kh-vince wrote:

Hi everyone,

It looks like this thread is getting a little heated.

I would like to kindly ask you to stick to the topic and please refrain from personal disputes as they go against our Community Policies and Values.

Thank you.

Regards,

rvincent-78
Community Moderator

Hi Vincent,

Many thanks for popping by.

I'm sure we all agree with the tenets of the rules, however, I notice that you make no mention in your post about the highly offensive content of malecandrans posts. Surely the rules state that posts must not be offensive? 

In all my years of visiting these boards, (  I've been around over several incarnations of these boards, so I'm not a new poster as seems to be the impression given by the low number of posts recorded next to my name )  I have never come so close to hitting the report button ( something I have never done here, preferring instead, to challenge ignorance head on )  as I was when I read malecandrans posts a few evenings ago. 

I'm sure that you would agree, that the best way for posters to avoid getting replies that they don't like and which they might then decide to report,  is to resist the temptation to post offensive and ignorant views in the first place

Personally,  I was sickened to see such offensive views being paraded on a public notice board! 

The Round Table has always previously been a place of rough and tumble debate, not for the faint hearted  and I am by no means easily offended. In future, however, I shall have no hesitation whatsoever, in just hitting the report button should I see similar views being aired and let you deal with it.

Many thanks again.

Jax

+
+
+
:-) 🙂 🙂 ***** HAPPY NEW YEAR ***** 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 33 of 33
See Most Recent