He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42.All of us are subject to “the law of the Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) That law includes all that Jesus taught. Foremost among Jesus’ teachings is that his followers should display love. (John 13:35; Jas. 2:8) And one of the primary ways we show love for God, for Christ, and for our neighbor is by preaching the good news of the Kingdom. (John 15:10; Acts 1:8) Jesus commanded only a relatively small number of his followers—those to whom he appeared after his resurrection—to preach. (Acts 10:40-42; 1 Cor. 15:6) But all his faithful first-century disciples recognized that the command applied to them, even if they had not personally heard Jesus speak. (Acts 8:4; 1 Pet. 1:8) Likewise today, Jesus has not personally spoken to any of the eight million active Kingdom preachers. But all recognize their obligation to exercise faith in Christ and to express that faith by means of the witnessing work.—Jas. 2:18. w15 3/15 4:14, 15

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Accepted Solutions

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

FD....I was interested in Letties post about her JW neighbours, when she mentioned that the children were home schooled. My friend, whom I mentioned earlier in the thread, who managed to escape the JW's had a son. He went to a state school for one day, and from then on he was home schooled. The poor boy was never taught anything, and turned out to be autistic. His autism was not diagnosed u til very late, simply because he never went to school. His education and future prospects were severely damaged, mostly by his lack of schooling, and his not having a friend in the world of his own age, due to being kept at home.

may I ask...are your children home schooled.....indeed, will your new baby granddaughter be allowed to go to school, or will she be kept at home and indoctrinated as a JW.

Message 205 of 279
See Most Recent
278 REPLIES 278

FB_IMG_1469475879659.jpg

Beautiful, just taken this picture this evening.  A double one too the colours were so vivid.  

A message in the sky.

A reminder from God he would never flood the earth again. How wonderful is that.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Do those barbaric medieval brutes in the Middle East know about these teachings? Maybe someone should tell them.

If 'He' is coming to help...then he'd better get a move on...things are hotting up. But then...He wouldn't save us all.....only a chosen few.

FD...Hello!🙂. I can understand why you feel the need to spread the word....things are getting a bit sticky around the world, But the followers of Islam are not listening, and they are the ones causing all the trouble. Your continuing faith is inspiring and commendable.

Message 3 of 279
See Most Recent

Hello astro heart

Thank you for your kind words xx

We do have the promise that help is most certainly just around the corner, the very fact that the world wide situation of violence, and wicked  barbaric acts are hottingg up is part of the composite sign that help is on its way.Mathew 24:3-14

It is sad that many feel that it is only a chosen few to be saved. The bible doesn't state that at all.  Jehovah wants everyone to be included in the better life to come. It is open to every single  person. Xxxx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jehovah wants everyone to be included in the better life to come. It is open to every single person.

You have to become a Jehovah witness first though.

Allah also wants to include everyone................... as long as you become a Muslim of course.

Etc.................................Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 279
See Most Recent

If you can look at this and believe in ANY God, then it must be some kind of sick experiment......and WE are the Lab. Rats.

Message 6 of 279
See Most Recent

Oh dear, I've resisted temptation up to now but your post has taken me "over the top" so I just had to say something.

Quite apart from the beautiful Earth revolving round our own Star, just imagine what might be revolving around the billions upon billions of other Stars and that's only the ones we can see. As progress takes our vision further and further in to Space, who is to know what lies beyond our current view?

Perhaps I should qualify that by asking what lay beyond our current view because some of the stars we can "see" now will no longer be there due to the length of time the light has taken to get here.

We have no idea where the Universe begins or ends, that is, if there is an end....... All we know is the beginning of "our" part of the Universe was an explosion of unimaginable magnitude and we don't know if there's been other similar explosions elsewhere. Also, we don't know what caused the explosion in the first place.

My belief? I believe that over the eons of time "Black Holes" grew and grew until the matter contained within was of such an immense "size" that the terrific gravity caused so much heat and pressure that the gravity couldn't withhold it any more and it all let go in the massive explosion we know about so far.

Destruction caused Creation. Creation was caused by Destruction not by the hand of any being..........

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 279
See Most Recent

My sentiments exactly, that's why I said " IF " you did believe in a God; that picture would have to be some kind of sick experiment. If you didn't, then the alternative is not only considerably more plausible; but also considerably more probable and being left up to our own resources, would explain the constant **** UPS.

Message 8 of 279
See Most Recent

Hello Harry, xxx

A person has to learn about Gods principals and purpose, learns to appreciate and accept who he iwhond his creation and what he has set in place regarding salvation through his sacrificing his own son for mankind then becomes a JW because they choose to and in turn will have the opportunity to live in a cleansed sin free perfect unselfish peaceful world.

That choice is given to each and every person, if there is anyone who makes the choice not to accept Jehovah and his principals then they are  responsible for their own decisions and chosen course.  Jehovah cannot be blamed for that. Jehovah is constantly holding his hand out to everyone, showing them the way. That is why Jehovah's witnesses are always out going from door to door. 

Muslims don't accept Jehovah Jesus Christ and their teachings through the Bible. 

I would also like to point out too, another pointer to the fact that Armageddon is very very close is that the hatred people have for religion is a prophesy in the Bible that is being fullfilled. 

From now on watch the world situation and eventually and not too far into the future world governments will turn on religion completely and when that happens that is when Jehovah will step in and the destruction of this wicked system will begin.

You can't really deny that that is what is beginning to happen now.  Religion is becoming more and more detestable to many already. I believe it is very foolish not to take notice of these signs.

I am very grateful to Jehovah for this wonderful planet we live on, my life and all he does but most of all acknowledge his sovereignty as the Almighty God.

It is words such as those above which show the valuable side to religion, when people find comfort in a belief and get guidance in times of need. Sadly Religion has been hijacked and people disillusioned by the terrible conflicts which have been waged in the name of one religion or another and which continue to this day. For me religion should be a thing of choice not force, it should have no direct role in our governance but can give moral guidance by setting an example to all. It is good to progress but there are times when a little tradition  serves us well. 

Message 10 of 279
See Most Recent

Oh dear, someone dropped a clanger? :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36900310

I think the explanation that whoever included that page thought it was just unintelligible text was probably true as there's nothing drastically controversial in those verses.

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 279
See Most Recent

They will show more outrage about this than the recent attacks.

Message 12 of 279
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forum,

If you find peace in your way, then that is very good.

I have no hatred for religions. I don't detest any. Just those people that say that their god is the only true one and their way is the only way. That anyone who doesn't believe what they believe will be damned. It's those that create the hatred.

I don't believe in Armageddon. I believe that we live in a changing world and that it is up to ourselves to make it work out. To find some balance and live in peace together. If we were made in the image of God, Children of God,  then maybe it is up to us to make things happen and not wait for a parent to make things right for us when we've made a mess of things.

But that is my opinion and anyone who thinks different will not be condemned to hell by me. I'm sure you're all happy to know that. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 279
See Most Recent

Harry xxx

pale blue dot.jpg

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Carl Sagan.

http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html

Thank you for that link Bankhaunter....I had never seen that before. It certainly puts everything in perspective. We on this little planet are indeed.....fools.

Message 16 of 279
See Most Recent

Very intersting bank, brilliant.

Amazing picture.

When you think about it though. That is probably exactly how Jehovah sees our planet.

As he is so vast himself.

Yet, he sees each and everyone one of us as individuals and each and everyone of us is precious to him. He has named every star in the universe and knows every hair on each and everyones head.

You showing that picture can help each and everyone of us have a little more knowlege of how almighty and powerful he is.

Aww inspiring

Thank you. xxx

Persevere in these things.—1 Tim. 4:16.

Not everyone we preach to will accept the Kingdom message. (Matt. 10:11-14) That would be true even if we were to ask just the right questions, use the best reasoning, and come up with the finest illustrations. After all, relatively few responded to Jesus’ teaching—and he was the greatest Teacher ever to walk the earth! (John 6:66; 7:45-48) On the other hand, even if we feel that we are not especially gifted, we can be effective in our ministry. (Acts 4:13) God’s Word gives us sound reason for believing that “all those . . . rightly disposed for everlasting life” will accept the good news. (Acts 13:48) So let us develop and maintain a balanced view of ourselves and those with whom we seek to share the good news of the Kingdom. May we take full advantage of the training Jehovah provides, confident that it will benefit both us and those who listen to us. Jehovah can help us to see how we should “answer each person.”

Hasn't it sunk in yet that the Gospels were written long after the death of Jesus and at least two of them are mostly just re-arraged copies of what Mark said. John was written last and some of that was based on what Peter said. Other "gospels" have long been discarded so what the truth of it all is, is open to conjecture and belief.

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 279
See Most Recent

The truth of it all, is that people can pray all they want; but 95% will die waiting..........the law of averages says the other 5% will get something approaching a result.........which they can then shout from the mountain tops, as having been some kind of result of there being a god.

Message 20 of 279
See Most Recent