The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Would folks check this out please?

Sometimes (all the time?) when people look at videos posted on the "choons" thread, the initial still shows up Black. Sometimes it clears OK, sometimes it clears and shows up if you mouse over it, if you click the video to play sometimes it plays the...

User avatar by Guide
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

15 Question Quiz

15 Question Quiz One or Two Questions can be answered each day, per player 1. Which toy was named after Theodore Roosevelt? 2. Which flag features 5 rings? 3. What device does a musician use to pluck strings? 4. Of which country is Lisbon the capital...

North Korea.

So, North Korea has detonated another nuclear device after test firing more missiles with an ever increasing range. In the fullness of time, when they've managed to shrink the size of their nuclear devices to fit in/on missiles and when they've perfe...

User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201404/frederic-dumoulin-interview/ https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201511/mathematics-scientist-believe-in-god/

Looking for johnjohn

Hi, I wonder if somebody out there could help please. I'm looking for a user I believe is called johnjohn. I've tried searching but I can't find any one who even comes close, only someone in the USA and that most definately is not him. The person I'm...

Account still restricted.

Hi, Back in 2015 I posted that my account is restricted and that I can no longer sell. My account is still restricted after asking ebay to explain the reason to me seveal times. After doing some searching I have seen that I am far from being alone in...

Priceless

From another thread " what makes you happy ", people may know I collect Pens ( among other things ). 3 days ago I reported a " Fake " Mont Blanc Pen ( Fake Box as well ) being sold on eBay, the seller was asking £1000. After 24 hours, when nothing ha...

Saved Search List pictures?

Anybody know if they're meant to do anything? If I click on them they don't link to the item or anything else. They change from time to time but in a random manner. They're so small I have trouble making out what some of them are pictures of. Sometim...

What makes you happy?

There is a lot of doom and gloom in this world and there is enough talk about that on here, but.....what makes you happy at this moment in time, what makes you feel good?This can be people, hobbies, work, looking at a sunset, it doesn't matter, as lo...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos

Immigration. Points system?

Are you in favour of a points system? If so, why so? Me? No. I think that before any other factors are considered, several fundamental issues should be satisfied. At the top of the list should be a good standard of spoken English and a "reasonable" s...

User avatar by Guide
  • 42 replies
  • 1 kudos

Ebay becoming un-useable due to Javascript overload

This is just a whinge; I don't expect any comments/action. Myebay (never liked that name) in particular is so overloaded with garbage Javascript that it is making the page un-useable. You have a pile of script executing merely on page focus. What thi...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Look at this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/…/Is-cure-Alzheimer-s-sight-Unpr… Could this be the end of Alzheimer's? Revolutionary drug 'may stop the disease from ever developing'Aducanumab is designed to target the underlying damage to the brainWorks by targeting the...

ebay search amongst other things been 'broken'

What is it with ebay, (is it just me - but I dont think so..)?Search seems to now return random results not including searched for words.Its forevere returning 'Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Try again later ' as a auyer i'm rather frustra...

User avatar by Engager
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Washing machines.

I have a bit of a gripe about washing machines....specifically the cold-fill ones. Since the old hot and cold fill ones were phased out ( EU rules?).. Most people buying a new machine have had to buy a cold fill machine. I have a Bosch, which is ok, ...

Theories And Fact.

Now just what is a theory? I'd say it's something that is proposed but cannot (yet?) be proven. A fact? = Something that can be verified (even repeated?) So, in light of the rambling going on elsewhere (none of which is a proven fact) how about peopl...

User avatar by Guide
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hoo-flippin-ray

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37178470 I'm heartily sick of intrusive advertising. I accept that sites have to make some money by placing adverts but for me sites that ram adverts in your face are a nuisance and all they make me do is to go el...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42.All of us are subject to “the law of the Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) That law includes all that Jesus taught. Foremost among Jesus’ teachings is that his followers should displa...

The Bilderberg Group?

I saw a news item about the Bilderberg Group which reminded me of Plastic Geordie Man (PGM) and his comments about that group and the New World Order. Anyone got any idea what happened to PGM?

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lifes sweet surprises

The family of a boy who beat cancer tried to buy him a bike from eBay – then found it had been delivered to their doorstep for free. Evan Wells raised more than £3,000 on a charity bike ride with his brother after he beat a rare childhood cancer, pro...

NOMOPHOBIA, sounds nasty, do you suffer from it?.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/are-you-one-of-the-three-quarters-of-people-who-suffer-from-nomophobia-1-8069523 I actually leave the house sometimes without my phone, but I'm sure my younest daughter and granddaugher would have a bad attack of it...

It's that time of year again.

That is, time for the Perseids meteor shower. Going to peak tomorrow night/Friday morning and it's supposed to be a good year with up to 200 meteors an hour at the peak. So, I wonder if the night sky will be clear or will the clouds spoil it again?

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't they just use condoms?

The High Court has told the NHS in England it can fund a drug that can prevent HIV - after health bosses argued it was not their responsibility. If the NHS lose their appeal against this ruling, it will cost them close to £2.5 million a year to enabl...