He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42.All of us are subject to “the law of the Christ.” (Gal. 6:2) That law includes all that Jesus taught. Foremost among Jesus’ teachings is that his followers should display love. (John 13:35; Jas. 2:8) And one of the primary ways we show love for God, for Christ, and for our neighbor is by preaching the good news of the Kingdom. (John 15:10; Acts 1:8) Jesus commanded only a relatively small number of his followers—those to whom he appeared after his resurrection—to preach. (Acts 10:40-42; 1 Cor. 15:6) But all his faithful first-century disciples recognized that the command applied to them, even if they had not personally heard Jesus speak. (Acts 8:4; 1 Pet. 1:8) Likewise today, Jesus has not personally spoken to any of the eight million active Kingdom preachers. But all recognize their obligation to exercise faith in Christ and to express that faith by means of the witnessing work.—Jas. 2:18. w15 3/15 4:14, 15

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Re: He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

@lettie0261 wrote:

@0125arwen wrote:
When i see witnesses involved in so called holy wars then i will class them the same as the rest, until then i will not.

Nobody is asking you too......

Evilness is not always seen in physical actions - the silent evil is the very worse kind. It creeps up silently, invades the mind, brainwashes the senses. It pretends to care about YOU, but all it really cares about is dominance.

I prefer not to be involved with any of it.

No one is asking you to be involved, we all have freedom of religion, for now.

Message 201 of 279
See Most Recent

Re: He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.—Acts 10:42

@0125arwen wrote:

No one is asking you to be involved, we all have freedom of religion, for now.

Yes, I know that.

Other than the JW's, obviously. That is what they are 'ordered' to do, after all.

They have no choice but to persistantly preach.

Message 202 of 279
See Most Recent

@**forum-decorum** wrote:

@bankhaunter wrote:

A short introduction which explains how we know evolution is true.

No it doesn't, it gives a theory.  xx

No it's a little thing called evidence.  Real hard evidence, something which those who believe in a deity have absolutely none of.

Scientific theory

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

And the genetic bottleneck is not an opinion but a provable, inescapable fact.

What is it about some religious belief where the believers simply throw all critical thinking and reasoning out of the window?

FD....I was interested in Letties post about her JW neighbours, when she mentioned that the children were home schooled. My friend, whom I mentioned earlier in the thread, who managed to escape the JW's had a son. He went to a state school for one day, and from then on he was home schooled. The poor boy was never taught anything, and turned out to be autistic. His autism was not diagnosed u til very late, simply because he never went to school. His education and future prospects were severely damaged, mostly by his lack of schooling, and his not having a friend in the world of his own age, due to being kept at home.

may I ask...are your children home schooled.....indeed, will your new baby granddaughter be allowed to go to school, or will she be kept at home and indoctrinated as a JW.

Message 205 of 279
See Most Recent

What this thread has served to do, is show exactly how hopeless the battle is against radicalisation, brain washing, indoctrination ( call it what you will ). In the case of FD, annoying as it may be to some, it is at least not destructive; or harmful and can be ignored by all those, who wish to, with impunity.  In the case of ISIS and other violent extremists, whose doctrine is even more intransigent, it shows that only total eradication will solve the problem. So FD, if anybody has an insight into the mind of Islamic extremists; it should be you, because their belief / intransigence is 10 times greater than yours.........so you must therefore appreciate the War we face.

Message 206 of 279
See Most Recent

Exactly Evo.

It starts like that.......then it evolves.

The moslems call us 'infidels', I am positive that the JW's have a similar disrespectful name for 'non-believers'.

It is all about CONTROL. They all want to control our thoughts, our way of living.

😞

Message 207 of 279
See Most Recent

@bankhaunter wrote:

@bankhaunter wrote:

A short introduction which explains how we know evolution is true.

No it doesn't, it gives a theory.  xx

No it's a little thing called evidence.  Real hard evidence, something which those who believe in a deity have absolutely none of.

Scientific theory

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

Where did the evolution theory originate from, I mean who first started the thought that has eventually developed into what it is now. mortal man.

It is not hard evidence it is just what some men think it to be, only because they cannot recognise and give credit to a greater being.

Incidentally it is not just theJW' s that don't accept it as proven, there are many scientist etc that don't.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

@evoman3957 wrote:

What this thread has served to do, is show exactly how hopeless the battle is against radicalisation, brain washing, indoctrination ( call it what you will ). In the case of FD, annoying as it may be to some, it is at least not destructive; or harmful and can be ignored by all those, who wish to, with impunity.  In the case of ISIS and other violent extremists, whose doctrine is even more intransigent, it shows that only total eradication will solve the problem. So FD, if anybody has an insight into the mind of Islamic extremists; it should be you, because their belief / intransigence is 10 times greater than yours.........so you must therefore appreciate the War we face.

Well evoman, I thank you kindly for pointing out a difference. Xxxx

I do however understand how you would come to your conclusion regarding violent extremists, it is pure evil I would never say otherwise, so I do appreciate the war that is being faced.

That was why I posted like I did, because believe it or not that war will be fought and won.  The warring is between Satan and his evil and Jehovah and the winner WILL be Jehovah, evil will be destroyed.......eradicated as you so aptly put it.

But FD, they are saying exactly the same thing; only the other way around..........and with just as much conviction.Smiley Indifferent

Message 210 of 279
See Most Recent

@evoman3957 wrote:

Well evoman, I thank you kindly for pointing out a difference. Xxxx

I do however understand how you would come to your conclusion regarding violent extremists, it is pure evil I would never say otherwise, so I do appreciate the war that is being faced.

That was why I posted like I did, because believe it or not that war will be fought and won.  The warring is between Satan and his evil and Jehovah and the winner WILL be Jehovah, evil will be destroyed.......eradicated as you so aptly put it.

And in the meantime, while the 'gods' are sorting themselves out as to which one is more powerful, many millions of innocent lives will be eradicated. All in the name of religion.

At the last known count there were 4200 religions in the world.

5 recognised 'biggest' religions. (JW are NOT in that count, in fact nowhere near it)

And the top five are all murdering bar stewards.

Message 211 of 279
See Most Recent

@lettie0261 wrote:
Exactly Evo.

It starts like that.......then it evolves.

The moslems call us 'infidels', I am positive that the JW's have a similar disrespectful name for 'non-believers'.

It is all about CONTROL. They all want to control our thoughts, our way of living.

😞

Lettie, you are so very wrong about so many things regarding Jehovah's witnesses, and there is certainly no disrespectful names used to describe non believers.

There are only 2 main commandments that Jehovah gives to us (which obviously incorporates all his righteous principals) and those are "Love Jehovah with your whole mind heart and soul" and "Love your neighbour as yourself". That means have deep love and respect for everyone.  Xxxx

I do try hard to do that.  Even with a thread like this where it may look or feel like I am being bombarded with opposition I still try hard to be respectful. You are all entitled to your beliefs and opinions and entitled to state them here. 

What this thread has done for me personally is to convince me more that satan is the root of all evil and he is the ruler of this world and his influence permeates every little aspect of life. Blinding the minds of non believers is one way it is described, but definitely not in a disrespectful belittling vile discriptive way.

If your past experiences were anything like you have described then I can understand your bitterness, but to tar everyone with the same brush is neither fair or deserved.

@evoman3957 wrote:

But FD, they are saying exactly the same thing; only the other way around..........and with just as much conviction.Smiley Indifferent

Sorry evoman not sure what you mean there, have I missed a post or something?  Xx

Yes, mortal man making observations and seeking out and finding hard evidence such as the cheetah bottleneck which means had the Flood actually happened, tissue type matching would be simple with only eight variations in the total world population.

I could point out it was mortal man who wrote the various parts of the Bible.

So you don't think the fact that no matter what means is used, all tracing back of the diversity of life we see today gives us the same evolutionary tree.  Did you not actually watch those videos?

they cannot recognise and give credit to a greater being.

You mean a greater being for whom absolutely no evidence exists, scientists work from empirical evidence in the natural world and not baseless assertions about the claimed supernatural. The God of the Gaps for whom the gaps are constantly getting smaller as real knowledge increases.

There is a strong resemblance between the arguments of flat earther believers and creationists, neither have any evidence for their claims which rely on 'feelings' and beliefs combined with an abject failure to understand simple principles of science.

All they have is the repeitition of assertions without evidence, constant claims that hard evidence against their beliefs is not so but cannot actually refute those claims with evidence of their own and a wilful refusal to learn about or recognise reality.

Added to that can be the fallacies of  'I don't believe it or I don't understand it, therefore it isn't true.

I do tar all moslems and JW's with the same bush and I always will. They are the 2 so called religions that I have witnessed the evilness of the most. |So many times that I have lost count.

I'm not sorry for feeling pity for those 2 religions and I never will be.

I am a staunch believer in evolution. This planet is amazing, nothing to do with a silly little man sat on a cloud in the sky, wrecking havoc on the planet for entertainment.

Any so called 'god' that can just sit on its cloud and watch the human race destroy itself, in its name, is a very sick 'it'.

Message 215 of 279
See Most Recent

It kind of reminds me of the game / experiment of the Dog in the middle of the room.  There are several people all around the room, calling to the Dog, to try and get it to come to them.  Each of them are getting more and more ingenious in their forms of temptation, to get the Dog to come to them; some have treats, some have doggy toys and some even have **bleep**es on heat.  Every time the dog takes a step towards one person, the one behind calls even louder and stops it in it's tracks.  In the end, the Dog realises that its fear of making the wrong choice and ending up in Hell; is academic......because it's there already.

Message 216 of 279
See Most Recent

Exactly Evo, exactly.

That is all it is at the end of the day. Terrorising. Confusion. Brainwashing. But most of all putting the 'fear' of 'god' there.

Dog = 'god' in reverse. 🙂

Message 217 of 279
See Most Recent

"...How to hate what is bad..."

fd

You really need to take the word 'hate' out of your vocabulary. I see you've used it before quoting Jehovah & the JWs ! Christianity, in theory anyway, teaches love, and Jesus, first and foremost, extended a loving hand to the 'bad' !

"Non Recuso Laborem"

Message 218 of 279
See Most Recent

The moslems hate, the JW's hate. Christians, on the other hand, do not 'hate' anything or anyone.

Reasons not to trust religion 1, 2 & 3 right there.....

Message 219 of 279
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

FD....I was interested in Letties post about her JW neighbours, when she mentioned that the children were home schooled. My friend, whom I mentioned earlier in the thread, who managed to escape the JW's had a son. He went to a state school for one day, and from then on he was home schooled. The poor boy was never taught anything, and turned out to be autistic. His autism was not diagnosed u til very late, simply because he never went to school. His education and future prospects were severely damaged, mostly by his lack of schooling, and his not having a friend in the world of his own age, due to being kept at home.

may I ask...are your children home schooled.....indeed, will your new baby granddaughter be allowed to go to school, or will she be kept at home and indoctrinated as a JW.

Sorry astro hit the wrong icon there lol, I have turned you green Smiley Sad

Home schooling is an individual choice and some have chosen to do it, like others of any persuasion, it is not a requirement of the faith.

Most children go to mainstream state schools like any other.

I am sorry to hear about your friends boy, my own brother has servere autism tendencies and it always did seem as though his problems went unsolved.  Thankfully it was picked up quite early on in his life so did get to a special school, it was later in life things became difficult.  He had now got JW friends who really take an interest in his sell being and do all kinds of things for him, there is no chance of studying or reading the Bible, you certainly cannot force him to do anything he doesn't want to do and yet they help him and give him friendship love and tolerance and patience because that is how they are.  Just loving people.

As for my own children astro when they were little they went to state schools, but my oh is not a JW, I became a JW a good few years after I married. What I feel I can confidently say is if we were both witnesses then our children would still go to state schools.

We are taught that schooling is important and our children would be expected to be a honest hardworking respectful and obedient member of school.

My children are not JW's themselves, they chose not to be, I have sometimes talked to them about the faith but I respect their choices. I don't love them any less, they are very precious gifts, so my new grand daughter when old enough will go to school.  Xxxx