For me this is the best strapline I have seen for a while

In a bold move commensurate with someone far taller The Ginger Dwarf from the north has declared there will be a Second once-in-a-lifetime referendum.

You couldn't make it up could you?
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

I suppose her idea is to ignore an original vote and keep on and on until she's bored everyone in to submission so that only the die-hard will bother to vote again so she eventually gets her way then she'll claim "It's the will of the people"?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 46
See Most Recent

Go ahead...let them have their second referendum. They won't vote for independence. They would be too scared to swap Nanny Westminster's apronstrings for Nanny Brussel's. 

Still waiting for Bravetart to grow the hair and don the woad....😂😂

Thank you Evo for that fabulous nickname for  La Sturgeon.....it makes me laugh every time I think of it!

Message 3 of 46
See Most Recent

I had to turn my  tv off when she was on thhis morning, but I had a vision of her in her nineties still banging on for the result she wants.Woman Surprised

Message 4 of 46
See Most Recent

Am I the only one who thinks that when she purses her lips they resemble the movement of a Cats Arris😀
Message 5 of 46
See Most Recent

Not  something I've ever noticed , but then I try not to look at her.Woman LOL

Message 6 of 46
See Most Recent

Julie Etchingham took her apart during an interview yesterday and it was delightful to watch.

Message 7 of 46
See Most Recent

Since moving to Scotland nearly a decade ago, I have become much poorer and noticed there are far less opportunities than in England. That said it could be that the decade of austerity would have made me poorer had I stayed in England. Moving back is difficult though, because whilst house prices have took off again in England they've stagnated in most places up here. I wonder if Wales will have me?

Scooter lyrics from "How Much is the Fish?" sum up this merry-go-round

Here we go, here we go
Here we go again
Yeah!
Sunshine in the air!

We're breaking the rules
Ignore the machine
You won't ever stop this
The chase is better than the catch!

Message 9 of 46
See Most Recent

Archie......you are insulting my precious pet's little brown star! 😄

Message 10 of 46
See Most Recent

Try putting some lipstick 💄 on it Astro 😀
Message 11 of 46
See Most Recent

C61YDhwXAAE0W-u.jpg

Message 12 of 46
See Most Recent

I'll not insult her....I don't want her to resemble La Sturgeon in any shape or form. Poor moggies.....their little posteriors get likened to so many things...tea towel holders...pencil sharpeners.....brown stars.....but the Sturgeons pursed lips are the ultimate insult!!💋😂

Message 13 of 46
See Most Recent

The only " Woad " she knows about is the woad to wack and wuin...........that's not red hair you see.......her brain's on fire.

Message 14 of 46
See Most Recent

C U Jimmy............I'm holding another neverendum.

Related image

Message 15 of 46
See Most Recent

Yes a second referendum when she said there will NOT be another in this generation and now she screechs on about the democratic will of the people of Scotland must be listened to !

Well nippy sweetie why not listeh to the democratic will of the people and stand by the will of the people who voted in 2014 to remain within the UK ?

In my opinion she is pushing for the referendum in 2019 because as we say up here at the next election her arris will be out the windae.

Message 16 of 46
See Most Recent

WARNING

The rebirth of Thatchers Nasty Party under her Zombie version, Cruella de May

Will make it a lot harder to Win another independence referendum up here

In only 5 weeks attitude's have changed dramatically up here

The Brexit debate in the House of Commons, was shocking to most Scots, even to Brexiteers up here

Thatchers spawn crept out of the Woodwork and now seem to be in control of the party again.

Worrying times indeed

--------

I have said more in the Gibraltar thread

Message 17 of 46
See Most Recent

"Will of the people" - no it's not - it is the opinion of a small majority of those people who were allowed to, and were bothered to vote at a specific point in time!

Do you really believe the likes of Nigel Farage would have just disappeared after the referendum had the vote gone the other way muttering, "oh well that's the will of the people".  Would you never again have voiced an opinion slating the EU in those circumstances?  Of course not and no sensible person would expect them or you to do so.

One of the key tenets of democracy is free speech - believers in democracy should support individuals in exercising that right even when they don't support the views being expressed.

NS was elected by her constituents to represent them and indirectly to represent the views of her party - she wasn't elected to represent the views of the English, Irish, Welsh or anyone else - if her electorate don't like the way she is carrying this out then she won't be elected next time round - this is how our democracy works.

It is the UK's government that has a duty to carry out the decision made in a referendum, which is what they are doing - if an MP holds a government post and doesn't wish to work towards carrying out that decision then they should resign from the government post.  NS is not part of the government so none of that applies.

Message 18 of 46
See Most Recent

It's funny the Scots want independence and then want to hand full control to the bureaucrats of Brussels, strange independence that.

Message 19 of 46
See Most Recent

I suppose their argument would be that whilst they may lose some of their sovereignty as a member of the EU they have virtually none at all as part of the UK.

Message 20 of 46
See Most Recent