The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Lymphorrah

Has anyone else ever suffered from this. It is where the lymph fluid seeps through the skin.I have already been to doctors and am on a course of antibiotics.I first noticed it when the bottom of my trousers were dampJust wondering how others dealt wi...

Isn't it high time......?

Isn't it high time that some effort was made to debunk all the nonsense spouted by these cult-driven extremists who are causeing mayhem throughout the World? Is it not done because of the threat/fear of "retribution" for anyone who dares to go throug...

User avatar by Guide
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

How did the universe begin?

Durham University has a new physics centre and they aim to "find out how the Universe began":- http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/how-universe-begin-11m-new-12719998 So, how do YOU think the Universe began? Me? OK, I'll have my say t...

User avatar by Guide
  • 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yet another concession to a minority

The new twenty pound note is to be made using palm oil instead of tallow in order to appease vegans! Does anyone understand the damage to our environment caused by palm oil plantations? Next thing will be using an image of India Willoughby on the not...

Gender sensitivity

language that refers explicitly or implicitly to only one gender, and ensuring, through inclusionary alternatives and according to each language’s characteristics, the use of gender-sensitive and inclusive language.Given that students are being marke...

Serious incident at Westminster

Several people mown down by a car on Westminster Bridge. Policeman stabbed in the grounds of the Parliament building, suspect shot. Lots of roads closed, Parliament in lockdown. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Mrs May

.Letter to Mrs May - Genius!!Dear Mrs May,Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.You can ...

Missing postage

Has this or something similar happened to anyone else? Over the last few weeks I have not received a couple of expected letters from Royal Mail. I've worked around it, but last week I telephoned the company I was expecting the letters from. The lette...

Found any April Fool gags?

I've seen a couple. A local site has a pic of the local Police HQ showing the tower tilted over like the leaning Tower of Pisa, and then there's the "Discovery of a new island off the coast of Britain". You seen any?

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Property Conveyancing

In this age of technology, one would have thought that the process would have been speeded up and streamlined, but we are talking about solicitors.They only seem happy when making money by appearing to be busy by shuffling paper about. We accepted an...

Military 19C Knife,Fork & Spoon?

I HAVE A 19C KNIFE, FORK & SPOON SET IN IVORY? The spoon has a hallmark which refers to William Hutton & Sons, possibly 1827. The knife is like a pen knife and has Joseph Rogers & Sons on it. The straight fork fits snugly inside the unit without hall...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cold and Shivering

About 2 hours ago, started feeling cold and shivering.Have put coat on and put heater on.Now having a hot cup of tea.Still shivering.Taking meds for underactive thyroid and high blood pressureIf no change in the morning, am going to doctor. Anyone el...

Dame Vera Lynn

~ Happy 100th Birthday Dame Vera Lynn ~ Vera Lynn, the British songbird whose voice lifted the spirits of thousands of Allied soldiers during the Second World War, has her image projected on to the White Cliffs of Dover to mark her hundredth birthday...

Falling birth rate?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/falling-birth-rates-could-spell-end-of-the-west---lord-sacks/A very interesting article by Lord Sacks regarding the future of the West.

Delivery worry?

Im worried about what will be delivered from a seller with this e-mail address.poozooshop gmail

User avatar by Guide
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will Gibraltar survive Brexit?

Concern about their survival as a British Overseas Territory is growing - Nearly 99% of voters chose to remain under sole UK sovereignty in the 2002 referendum and 96% voted for the UK to remain in the EU in the recent referendum. Nearly half its wor...

More money, what do you think?.

Should the MCCanns still be getting funding for their search?. I know if it was my child or grandchild I would be pushing just as much, I might be wrong but it seems to me there has been more money and publicity than for any other missing child. http...

What is your earliest memory?

What is your earliest memory. I can remember sitting on a potty in a long passage, looking up to some flickering gas lamp lights on the wall at my Grandma's home. Also my first day at school I was crying my eyes out, but as soon as a teacher opened a...

The new Pound coin.

So, they've made the last round Pound coin? The new Pound coin will be 12-sided but what happens to (for example) all the trollies that take a Pound coin? It'll be a big job converting them and it's going to be a bit of a nuisance in the interim when...

rant
User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any takers?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pioneer-XDJ-R1-BOX-ONLY-/232211303179?hash=item3610df4b0b:g:pXAAAOSwXeJYLQDt If that's out of your price range he has other empty boxes for sale as well

How Best to Bid

May seem an odd question coming from someone who has been a member for 15 years, but just curious. Being rather an impatient person who wants everything yesterday, I tend to go for buy it now, but sometimes I do bid on auction style items. I always t...