The Books Board
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

goodbye to bookselling for me?

Arthritis has finally got the better of me. My ability to hump boxes around is not good. It was fun while it lasted. This board used to be lively but is dead now. Even Frogpate has not been around possibly because he is me! I wish you all well Pete

User avatar by Helper
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are you reading at the moment?

Tell us about the book which you're enjoying. Why is it so enjoyable? We all like different things so your impression of a book is helpful. I added many of the books, which were recommended on the previous thread, to my reading list, based on the pos...

hello! this is me as well!

Along with Book31 and Frogpate I will be at The Great Dorset Steam Fair this week. It may be my last one as my arthritis is no fun.I am next to The Michael Oliver Folk Tent as normal. Please come along and say hello and I am sure a discount can be fo...

Paying for books using crossed postal-orders?

Hello everyoneI'm looking for a book by Rosalinda Hutton titled "cry and you cry alone" (autobiography) although there are a few on eBay none of them are willing to accept a crossed postal order. I wonder why they are so reluctant to accept this form...

Love this listing!

HiJust wanted to share this with you - have a look atBILLY CHILDISH ~ SELECTED POEMS LIMITED EDITIONApparently the book is in mint condition and comes from a smoke-free home

Best Friends - Hulton Getty

Just come across this book in my local charity shop, it's a lovely book full of friendship quotes and some amazing friendship pictures. Just thought i'd mention it as it may be a good Xmas gift for a best friend.

What do you call these?

Hi Guys,A strange question for you here. I know that there are many ways of getting reading material out into the market place but the name of this method has escaped me. Let's start from the beginning. You have hardback and softback books. Then ther...

Is it worth it?

Is it worth it? I got quite excited by the idea of 20 free listings per month. I haven't tried selling anything on eBay for a few years because I got fed up with paying fees for items which didn't sell. I have loads of books and other items which I w...

Ice Cold Books

Has anyone got any suggestions of Books about The Artic,, Antartic or Snow themed stories. I have read Winter Study by Nevada Barr and enjoyed. Bit thrillerish cold weatherish themed. im not talking about Guide Books im talking about stories. Someone...

Nola O'grady series

Has anyone read the Nola o'Grady books by Katharine Kerr?? I thoroughly enjoyed them but when looking to see whether there might be any more in the pipeline, most revues I've come across seem to pan them.

Weird but fascinating books?

I have just read Slime Dynamics by Ben Woodward that I was given last christmasas a joke present and it was really fascinating and I would recommend it to everyone. My question is can anyone suggest any other non-fiction books in a similar vein?

Complete set of 'Blue Peter' books (1 - 40)

Any ideas how much to ask for a complete set of 'Blue Peter' books (Nos. 1 - 40)? I can't seem to find any other complete sets sold so have't the foggiest how much to list them for (They're all in excellent condition).Any advice welcomed.

Favourite Books

Enoy lots of books but 3 of my favourites are A Tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, All the Rivers Run by Nancy Cato and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

Selling e-books

I have been writing e-books for quite a long time now. Once-upon-a-time, I sold them on Ebay on physical CD disks that I had to package and post, because it is against their many rules to sell downloads!Eventually, I discovered a site on which I coul...

User avatar by Engager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sales are non existent

I have not had a sale for three weeks ,not even from regular buyers . I have been through all listings and put in the more info on a book that I could , ( the weight ) really . If not on book I am not weighing the darn book.Have checked from my buyin...

New Item Specifics from April

According to te latest ebay business seller news, hidden amongst a lot of worrying items I noticed that NEW item specifics to the Books category will be available from April - Lets just HOPE that they get it right this time but as with anything ebay ...

HOW much????//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Freda M Long ex library book which my wife paid quite a lot of monet for. Anyway I was browsing through the books up on eBay by her and came across Requium for Richard for one hundred and twenty quid! Is he taking the Pilsner? (brand of beer...

All the fun of the Fair?

hiI'm contemplating (rather unwisely you may say) taking early retirement and seeing out my days as a full-time bookseller. Having collected and dabbled for many years I have a fair idea of the pros and cons of the various internet platforms and how ...

Listing fee increase

Great news (they say!) about the 20 free listings per month. What's in the small print lower down is that any over and above the 20 will be 35p, as opposed to 10p for auctions and 20p for BINs.

Jacqueline Wilson

Sorry, DAME Jacqueline Wilson! Anyone on here read any of her wonderful books before? They're mainly aimed at teenagers & some young adults, but I read them all the time! And I'm 31!