Favourite Books

Enoy lots of books but 3 of my favourites are A Tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, All the Rivers Run by Nancy Cato and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Favourite Books

I've not got a particular book that i'd call my favourite but The Millennium Trilogy (Girl with the dragon tattoo etc) really left a mark on me when i'd finished all three.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Favourite Books

Love Steinbeck, Grapes of wrath and The pearl are masterpieces also papillon by Henri Charriere. Spike Milligan`s war memoirs are a great mix of comedy, romance, death, destruction and heartbreaking sadness.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Favourite Books

"Does My Bum Look Big In This?" by Arabella Weir. Being the same age as the women who the book was targeted at, I laughed until I cried at alot of the similarities. A good read for menopausal women.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Favourite Books

Ohhh i will have to look at that one Carol!!!. I have to start a new book laterheart

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Favourite Books

It's well worth reading, Rose; it had me in stitches when cellulite and wobbly bits were mentioned and menopausal women's insecurities. Think I'll read it again soon, could do with a good laugh, ha,ha. Smiley Happyheart

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Favourite Books

haaa haaaa,,,oh i just read a REALLY good book. Cross and Burn by Val McDermid. Very good crime writer and its based on the Wire in the Blood series with profiler Tony Hill ect. When it was on the telly Robson Green played him and hes the perfect person.Woman Happy

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent