Unable to create Nectar vouchers

I recently had to have my nectar card replaced so I updated it on ebay but whilst it shows my point and says I am able to collect point the create voucher button is greyed out and says - 

Request permission to create vouchers

Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points.

but there is nothing I can see to 'request' this permission in ebay or nectar. Also I am the account holder for both?

thanks

Message 1 of 54
See Most Recent
53 REPLIES 53

The nectar page was updated the other week and it's rubbish.

On my eBay nectar page there's a tiny black ticked box at the top that's says spending.

There used to be an opt in button on the old nectar eBay page to enable nectar points spending.

According to eBays nectar help page there should be a get started button that takes you to a nectar log in page. Is there anything like that on your nectar page or has the update missed it out.

Message 2 of 54
See Most Recent

Ok I've looked on the nectar site and you have to log in on there and authorise ebay to set up you spending your points. 

Try logging on this nectar/eBay page after you've read the spending on ebay T&CS that sort of explain it.

https://www.nectar.com/brands/ebay 

Message 3 of 54
See Most Recent

I am also having this problem, just going around in circles.

Regards
Asif A Khan
LONDON
Message 4 of 54
See Most Recent

Thanks for this, nothing showing up on mobile but I'll try logging in on desktop later.

Message 5 of 54
See Most Recent

Same problem for me

Message 6 of 54
See Most Recent

I spoke to eBay, they said speak to nectar. I spoke to Nectar and they said speak to eBay 😕

spoke to Nectar again and they have escalated it apparently 

Message 7 of 54
See Most Recent

any updates on this? I'm having the same issue 😤

Message 8 of 54
See Most Recent

This was resolved by Nectar support today, they didn't really say what the issue was but I am now able to create vouchers on eBay. 

Message 9 of 54
See Most Recent

Ah okay, I'll get onto nectar then and chase up with them 

Message 10 of 54
See Most Recent

See more information here > https://www.ebay.co.uk/nectar  < using a PC/Laptop is best.

Message 11 of 54
See Most Recent

I had to go back and forth a bit with them they got me to unlink and relink my account, reset the password, all the usual first line nonsense but eventually I sent them a screen shot of the greyed out vouchers button and they then escalated it to another team.

Message 12 of 54
See Most Recent

tried that already, get the same old permissions message

Also tried unlinking / relinking accounts. I'll get onto nectar in the morning when it's back on

Message 13 of 54
See Most Recent

On desktop, attempting to create vouchers, am receiving following error message - 'We ran into a problem and can't create your voucher right now. Please try again later.' - I contacted Nectar this afternoon after several days of same error message appearing, and was reassured that problem would be fixed in 30 minutes - needless to say, it was not! Will try Nectar again tomorrow - wish me luck!

Message 14 of 54
See Most Recent

Raised problem with eBay (it's the eBay page that isn't working, so why not?) - have sent screenshot of error message, but no resolution so far (30 hours from raising issue) - have also noticed and reported that Nectar points earned from eBay purchases for  the month of February 2023 are not yet showing on my account - I wait with concern!

Message 15 of 54
See Most Recent

Issue raised with eBay helpline 24 Feb 2023 - several telephone updates received, but no resolution. Informed issue had been escalated with tech section in phone call 5 March 2023 - no resolution date estimated. Patience is a virtue they say!

Message 16 of 54
See Most Recent

Hi @battlebox-uk ,

Thank you for reaching out. 

I will follow this up to see this has been logged with our tech team. Can you confirm if you have also logged this with Nectar support and what their response has been?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 17 of 54
See Most Recent

Hello - Thank you for getting in touch.

Issue was first raised with Nectar on 23 February 2023 - they told me 'problem would be resolved in 15 minutes' which turned out to be untruthful - hence I raised issue with eBay tech team (who were far more approachable and attentive to the problem) - but still waiting. Thank you.

Message 18 of 54
See Most Recent

HI @battlebox-uk ,

Thanks for letting me know.  I have checked and it is logged with tech on our side so once they provide any updates I will let you know.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 19 of 54
See Most Recent

This has been going on for months for many users.  Is there any update on this?

Regards
Asif A Khan
LONDON
Message 20 of 54
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: