Unable to create Nectar vouchers

I recently had to have my nectar card replaced so I updated it on ebay but whilst it shows my point and says I am able to collect point the create voucher button is greyed out and says - 

Request permission to create vouchers

Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points.

but there is nothing I can see to 'request' this permission in ebay or nectar. Also I am the account holder for both?

thanks

Message 1 of 55
See Most Recent
54 REPLIES 54

Having the same issue, support has told me this is an "emerging technical issue" as they've received multiple similar reports and it's been escalated to the technical team. Seeing people have been having the same issue for many months (probably more than a year) and nothing has been done, sounds like it's just bs.

What is there to be done?

Message 41 of 55
See Most Recent

Did you manage to get it resolved?

I spoke to eBay again more than a week ago and was assured it would be resolved within 72 hrs but I still haven't been contacted and the issue isn't resolved.

It's worked many times before so I can't understand why it's such an issue. Nectar have also confirmed it's an eBay issue. 

Message 42 of 55
See Most Recent

This is ridiculous!  I too am the account holder and it requests me to obtain permission from the Primary Account Nectar card holder.

Message 43 of 55
See Most Recent

No, nothing. I tried again this morning, functionality is still broken.

This is silly, especially since there isn't any clear communication from them.

Message 44 of 55
See Most Recent

Exact same issue for weeks now, eBay just say they have 'escalated it as a top priority' but I don't hold out much hope

Message 45 of 55
See Most Recent

Same issue here. Why can't they get this fixed?

Message 46 of 55
See Most Recent

I have reinstated the nectar link, but still the same. Ebay's assistant is totally useless. Has anybody sorted out this situation

Message 47 of 55
See Most Recent

irt303
Conversationalist

Same problem here. I rarely visit the Nectar page on eBay (usually check the Nectar app to verify that points have been added), so don't know how long that blue banner has been there on my account, but I note that this thread (which I found by googling the error message) was started near the beginning of this year - and the issue is still unresolved for me and for others.

I'm the sole Nectar account holder (not just the primary one), and have not changed any settings on either my Nectar account or my eBay account to disable the ability to convert Nectar points into eBay vouchers.

At the moment, I'm not too bothered, but sometimes (hasn't happened recently) there is a Nectar/eBay promotion where you can earn bonus Nectar points for converting points into an eBay voucher. I'd like the issue to be resolved before the next promo comes around (if there's ever going to be another one).

I'm still traumatised by my most recent attempts (which failed as usual!) to get a problem resolved by eBay's customer 'service' team, and Nectar's customer service department (which seems to be based in the same part of the world) isn't a great deal better, so I'll keep checking the Nectar section of my eBay account as well as this thread, in the hope that the problem gets fixed without any action necessary on my part.

Another reason I'm reluctant to contact either company about the issue is the accounts on this thread from people who have been batted back and forth between them, with each claiming that the problem lies with the other.

The list of eBay bugs and glitches just seems to keep on growing, doesn't it?

[Edit: Forgot to add that I'm reluctant to try the 'unlink then relink account' method in case that causes additional complications.]

Message 48 of 55
See Most Recent

In my last post I should have said " Automated Assistant "  as I eventually spoke to a real person who was very pleasant and would pass on this problem on to be investigated.

Moving on to today I contacted Nectar only to find out my rights to spend points has been removed by Nectar's back office resulting from a potential compromise of my card. I now need to get a new card and nectar will update my account. They said if this happens you would have been contacted, I was certainly not contacted.

If this sorts out the problem then the ebay message has nothing to do with what has happened and totally misleading.

Hope this may help the community posts.

Message 49 of 55
See Most Recent

I have same issue too, i tried relinking account, i have many points to spend and would happily spend them on ebay, but instead i decided to make my purchases with argos where they are not incorrectly detecting it needs permission!

Message 50 of 55
See Most Recent

having the same problem. Urgh, its the main reason I shop at sainsburys so I can spend the nectar on eBay.

Has anyone found a solution?

Message 51 of 55
See Most Recent

Hello, just to let everyone I managed to have it fixed.

I contacted Nectar support online, they asked me multiple times to reconnect the account and they asked for this information:

- Screen shot of error
- Date and time of attempt
- Device make/ model
- Software version
- App version
- Browser

They recorded it as an incident and after a couple of weeks it was fixed.

So, make sure you record date/time when you get the errors, save screenshots and get in touch with Nectar. Hope this helps.
Message 52 of 55
See Most Recent

I eventually got this sorted through nectar and not ebay. 

They reset and reconnected my account for me and it fixed the issue instantly. 

Message 53 of 55
See Most Recent

I got the same problem but when I tried to create the voucher again around 12am it suddenly  worked for me. 

Message 54 of 55
See Most Recent

Exactly the same problem, using google bought me here. Have just been on the phone with Nectar Technical Support and it was rectified straight away. 

Message 55 of 55
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: