Unable to create Nectar vouchers

I recently had to have my nectar card replaced so I updated it on ebay but whilst it shows my point and says I am able to collect point the create voucher button is greyed out and says - 

Request permission to create vouchers

Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points.

but there is nothing I can see to 'request' this permission in ebay or nectar. Also I am the account holder for both?

thanks

Message 1 of 55
See Most Recent
54 REPLIES 54

Hi @leopardsheadlondon ,

I have linked in with our technical team for this one and the error message is different from what I reported for the previous user. For the message on the account that states request permission to create vouchers this is not on eBay's end. This message appears due to Nectar and needs to be followed up with them through their customer support.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 21 of 55
See Most Recent

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11-21-16 Nectar on eBay.png

OK, thank you, kat@ebay will contact Nectar directly.

Regards
Asif A Khan
LONDON
Message 22 of 55
See Most Recent

Dear Kat,

Sorry to bother you, but e-mail received from customerhelp_uk@eBay.com on 18 March 2023  "...in relation to technical issue reported on your behalf. SR#1-460431687421" as follows - 

"Greetings!

We are sending you this email to provide an update in relation to the technical issue reported on your behalf.

We have been advised that our product developers are in the process of designing a feature that would gear towards a permanent fix versus a band-aid approach.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience brought about by the hiccup and we assure you that we are on our way to ensure that all these issues are addressed at the soonest possible time. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding. All the best!

As a valued eBay customer, we want to make sure you get help when you need it, so if you require any additional assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can either reply to this email or call us directly, and we’ll be happy to assist you further.

[THREAD ID: 1-5VIPP2E0]"

I replied to the e-mail on 18 March 2023 as follows- 

"Thank you for the update - I will wait patiently for resolution to the problem.

I am unsure if it is an associated problem, but although my Nectar account is linked to 'Collect' points as well as 'Spend', none seem to have been earned for any of my eBay purchases during February 2023 and March 2023 to date - can this be looked at also please?

Thank you again,

(Battlebox)"

I regret that I have received no further communication and the problem(s) have not been resolved - I have been reducing any bids/purchases from eBay because of these problems, and shall continue to do so. Are you able to provide any further advice, as the issue appears to have become 'stalled'?

Thank you.

Message 23 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi @battlebox-uk ,

I have been linking in with tech on this as well as they are still working on a fix. They have been trying some manual updates in the background so can you try and unlink your account from eBay and re- link. Once you  have re-linked can you try the voucher process again and let me know if it works?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 24 of 55
See Most Recent

Hello Kat,

Easier said than done - eBay page will not let me unlink my Nectar Account (please see attached screen-shot) - I will try again later.

Thanks

Message 25 of 55
See Most Recent

Thanks for coming back @battlebox-uk 

If you can clear cache and cookies when you try later and let me know if you still getting the attached error and I'll follow that up with tech.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 26 of 55
See Most Recent

Kat,

(Thanks for your forebearance in all this)

Cache and cookies cleared, and on trying to unlink my account, I received the same error message 'unable to unlink account - try again later' - however - I then clicked on through to leave the page, and discovered the account was now showing as unlinked!

I have now relinked my Nectar account, and regretably am still getting the original error message 'unable to create voucher' - so it would appear work is still ongoing to fix the problem (I hope).

Derek

Message 27 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi @battlebox-uk ,

Thank you for checking and confirming its still showing the error message. I'll follow up with tech for them to continue to work on it. Once they provide any updates I'll update the thread.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 28 of 55
See Most Recent

Dear Kat,

Good news!

I relinked my eBay and Nectar accounts on 08-Apr-2023 (it would appear that this had not relinked as I thought when I had changed this on 04-Apr-2023, following our further attempts to resolve the problem?).

I was then pleased to discover that not only could I now create vouchers without any problem, but that Nectar points earned from that period (08-Apr-2023) onwards are now being credited and shown on my account pages as normal.

While being a little disappointed that this has taken so long to resolve (together with the absence of any points earned from between when the problem first appeared to final resolution), I am obviously pleased 'normal service' has finally been resumed.

I am particularly grateful for your continued attention whilst the problem was being resolved - communication has been professional, polite, understanding and friendly throughout, and this has been very much appreciated. You are an asset to the UK eBay  Community pages, and I hope that this is duly recognised.

Thank you again, and with very best regards,

Derek

Message 29 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi @battlebox-uk ,

Thanks for coming back and confirming the issue is now resolved .I know tech were working on fixes in the back ground to overcome the voucher error. Glad to see that's its working for you.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 30 of 55
See Most Recent

I have the same problem I contacted nectar they said eBay's the problem ,they said unlink card ,relink and try again,still nothing to tick to produce a voucher.Ebay are now checking for technical problem.

Message 31 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi @greyhaired_lady ,

The issue eBay resolved to do with creating vouchers was where the option was there( button is blue) to create the voucher but once clicked on and voucher amount selected it returned an error message of something went wrong. That was resolved by eBay for the previous user on this thread.

The original users post who had the banner message " request permission to create vouchers, please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points had it resolved by Nectar. We are unable to resolve this one on the eBay side. It needs to be done by Nectar.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 32 of 55
See Most Recent

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I am the account holder and nectar say it's eBay cli
tch 
Message 33 of 55
See Most Recent

I am the nectar primary  card holder and nectar say the problem is an eBay clitch

Message 34 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi, it doesn't seem that the issue has been resolved, as I am unable to create voucher. I got the same message in blue ribbon: 

Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points.

I am the sole accounts holder, Ihave not contacted Nectar. I am trying to find help here and I don't see any positive comments so far.

Message 35 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi Kat, it's nearly 2 months later, are you able to provide an update and a solution please?

Thank you in advance.

Message 36 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi @greyhaired_lady & @candy_wales ,

I have reached out and checked with our offline team for Nectar and they have confirmed that the message presented at the top of page that reads the "Request permission to create vouchers Please contact the primary Nectar account holder to request permission to spend points" cannot be resolved by eBay. This needs to be sorted by Nectar themselves and you will need to contact their customer support.

The original poster for this issue on this thread did have it resolved by Nectar. It did take some time but it did need to be followed up with Nectar support.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 37 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi Kat,

Thank you for kindly assisting with this issue.

Following your advise, I have contacted ebay customer support chat and the
issue has been successfully resolved.

Kindest regards and many thanks for your help!
Message 38 of 55
See Most Recent

Xv bnjkkk gbj

Message 39 of 55
See Most Recent

I also have this issue, raised it with customerhelp more than a week ago with no response!

Message 40 of 55
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: