poppylikesdresses
Community Member

ACCOUNT SUSPENDED My Business Ruined! for no reason at all!!

i am devastated. My Ebay account has been restricted today and there is nothing i can apparently do about it.

From Oct-Jan of last year i had a 4 working day handling time that was clearly stated in my listings and on my check out. I did an average of 100 transactions a month and because customers dont read listings properly over these months they left me bad DSRs for my dispatch time. the highest month was 6 DSRS relating to dispatch time in one month were i had done 155 transactions. now considering that was just before Christmas and we all know that the post is a nightmare over that period i dont think i did that bad??? anyway due to these bad DSRS my account became under scrutiny and my performance was below standard. I spoke to someone on the phone to ebay and read up on the information i was sent on how to improve my business, to bring me above standard and was told that i would need to improve my dispatch time.

i did explain to them that i am a very small business that works from home and that i dont drive. it was more cost effective for me to go to the post office every 4 working days as it is far away and i have to get there on the bus. i CLEARLY stated in my listings that i had a 4 working day handling time and can prove to them (with my proof of postage) that i posted within that 4 working day handling time with all my sales. that apparently was not good enough for them. basically what they are saying is that they DISCRIMINATE AGAINST SMALL BUSINESSES THAT DO NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO POST EVERY DAY! it would cost me so much more time and money if i went to the post office every day??? is that not a fair point??

BUT. i accepted this and changed my business to suit them! meaning i went to the post office every day and changed my handling time. since JAN 2011 i have ran a near enough perfect account. with NO Bad DSRS at all with the exception of this month and last month where two items got lost in the post and i ended up receiving bad DSRS. BUT ONLY 2!!! 2 BAD DSRS!

because of this when looking at my 12 month trending data the average has gone OVER on 0.06 percent on what they require you to have. (due to be having bad DSRS in OCT-JAN of LAST YEAR! so now my account has been restricted and i cannot sell and have been told i will not be able to sell for 6-12 months.

I have done everything they have asked of me and have improved my selling and dispatching the way they have wanted me to (at the cost on myself) yet they still have looked at last years stats and completely ruined my business. I dont understand how they can justify any of this. i took on board what they said in Jan 2012 and have run a good ebay account since then. it is impossible to be perfect. surely they should look at the last 9 months since i have improved and base it on that. or even take into consideration why i had bad DSRs in the first place and understand they reasoning for that. it isnt a crime to have a 4 working day handling time????

I have invested a years time and energy into making a viable ebay business account with over 2000 feedback. i am an honest seller and my products are good. they have completely taken that away from me and i am now in an awful position.

This has left me feeling depressed and i dont know what i am going to do now. I have bills to pay and i have no income now. i have worked so hard over the last year to make money. there are no jobs around and instead of claiming benefits i have tried to support myself by starting up a business. this has now been taken away from me. i dont understand how a company for this size can get away with this and i dont know what to do about it.

Apologies for spelling errors and grammar. i am currently writing this with tears in my eyes.. its from the heart but i am no writer..

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

Re: ACCOUNT SUSPENDED My Business Ruined! for no reason at all!!

in reply to poppylikesdresses

any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated right now as i just do not know what to do.

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
cleo332
Community Member

hi poppy i do feel for you same thing happened to me this morning, firsty said restricted but on contacting ebay they said totally banned from ever selling. 100% poss feedback been here since late 1990's. wasnt a business but a nice way to earn a few pounds after kids etc used their toys clothes etc. there has been alot on here today think ebay are having a clearout of sellers. there will be a lot joining the dole queues. think they should be looking at the growth of gumtree etc   

eBay is like a box o choclets u n've no what ya gonna get!
Please use plain text.
hippo_heed
Community Member

You have my sympathy, but obviously some people think a 4 working day turaround is just too long regardless of what you say in your listings. 

If I ordered something on a fri day and you didn't even despatch it until the following thursday (4 working days) I'd probably reflect that in my ratings.

Please use plain text.
happy_hens
Community Member

Hi Poppy so sorry to hear this... there does seem to be a theme going on at the moment.

The only suggestion I can make is if you are able to get a revision from some of the recent sellers.

Did they leave just low DSRs for dispatch time? If they left low DSRs across the board (all four) and a positive rating you do have a chance to get them removed.

Do not contact buyers while you are upset, wait and see what responses you have from other members first.

Good luck and all the best

Please use plain text.
myidsometimes
Community Member

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your problems, however you have focused on the dispatch star, yet your postage and packing one is just as low. If you are restricted and you can still sell, quote free postage and packing and include the cost in your item price. This will earn you automatic 5* for that DSR.

Incidently I don't understand your most recent negative as the listing is still there to see? They almost certainly damaged your DSRs too.

Please use plain text.
happy_hens
Community Member

should read - recent buyers!

Please use plain text.
kieronjames1
Community Member

Sorry Poppy, you are another victim of the sheer stupidity of DSR's. No doubt someone will be along to start lecturing you and telling you what a bad seller you are.

I'd gladly buy from you and having read your listings would not have a problem with your terms. Sadly eBay only want "bog standard" sellers of ready in packet items, so you and many more like you are toast. Sadly, had you read these boards over the months you have been trading you would have spent time developing your business away from eBay. 

Please use plain text.
cleo332
Community Member

lots of posters had said to try to resolve their dsr issues..this cannot happen when i spoke to customer support basically it is absolutely nothing can be done..your banned and that is it..forever

eBay is like a box o choclets u n've no what ya gonna get!
Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

EXACTLY. even though it was clearly stated in the listing. in bold at the top of the listing you would still of left me a bad DSR.

thats not right! just because i am a small business does that mean i should not be able to sell? if i am honest and up front about what my capabilities are. just because large corporations can offer next day postage

your basically saying that i should not be able to trade.

Ebay started out as a lovely site where small businesses could sell there items. it was a great thing especially when we are in a recession and people are struggling to find work. Instead of claiming benefits i did something for myself. and all that has happened is i have been pushed out by larger businesses that have more power and its the consumers that are controlling that.

its discrimination to be honest.

Whilst i can see that you want your item sooner you should consider that there are small businesses on ebay that dont have that capability.

the second point in that in FEB 2011 i did change my business to suit the consumer at my own cost. but that still hasnt gone in my favour as i am still judge on what happened before FEB 2011.

its unfair but i guess that is what our world is coming.

the economic practices of massive corporations and business leaders that are severely damaging the world. 

we will all work for ASDA in 20 years...

then you will all wish you gave that little business a chance..

:-(

sorry to be rude to you. its not intended at all.. its just my point of view.... and you hit point for me to vent on....

x

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

i cannot sell. i have been completely restricted. if you took off the first two months of the year my account would not be restricted. all that is happened is that ebay have suggested that i can fix the problem so i put in all the work over the last 9-10 months and after that have taken it away from me. its impossible to be a perfect seller on ebay. i have done everything in my power to fix what ebay thought was wrong but obviously there was nothing i could of done.

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

thank you for that supporting message. i now wish i did read more forums and would not of wasted all the time, effort and money on trying to build up an ebay business.

to be honest they will get away with it for a certain amount of time but with there awful customer service (which i wont even get into) and the way they only support large powerful businesses it will all come to ahead some day i hope.

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
myidsometimes
Community Member

i cannot sell. i have been completely restricted. if you took off the first two months of the year my account would not be restricted. all that is happened is that ebay have suggested that i can fix the problem so i put in all the work over the last 9-10 months and after that have taken it away from me. its impossible to be a perfect seller on ebay. i have done everything in my power to fix what ebay thought was wrong but obviously there was nothing i could of done.

Ok then my earlier advice is no longer appropriate. Sadly though you did only focus on one DSR when the other was also poor. No idea what your dashboard says but I am guessing there were some 1s and 2s in both categories.

Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

my P&P Costs are true. i sell heavy jumpers, jackets or joblots etc. i never made money on postage. NEVER. how can you change that unless you offer a postage cost that makes a lose?? so losing more money. and if you offer Free P&P that means your ebay fees go up. i sell clothing. Ebay take 12% of my takings.

and again like i said over the last 9 months i havent done anything wrong. most months i have had NO BAD DSRS at all with the exception of the last two months where 2 items got lost in the post. i apologies to the buyers. offered them a refund. had proof of postage. everything. i lost money and i couldnt of been more fair to them.....

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
dark_blue_sunlight
Community Member

I would just like to say that it is terrible - a few non thinking buyers can do that. Personally, I think 4 days is a bit long to dispatch, but if it says it in the listings, and was dispatched within the given time frame then I would still give the 5 and more buyers should go by that.

Not entirely sure if this is allowed as you got banned, but would it be possible to perhaps set up a second account? 

It is refreshing to hear of someone else who doesn't want to rely on benefits and is making an effort to do something other than that - if this gets sorted out, you would be well deserving!

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but with potential Christmas delays, does anyone know how much extra time should be given for deliveries?

Please use plain text.
myidsometimes
Community Member

Not entirely sure if this is allowed as you got banned, but would it be possible to perhaps set up a second account? 

No it is not allowed

Please use plain text.
poppylikesdresses
Community Member

it just says it all!!!!! those negatives he received were over 6 months ago!!!

unbelievable...

Poppy Likes Dresses
Please use plain text.
nanna_purpleygirl
Community Member

I am sorry that you are in this position OP.  I think the question buyers are asked is wrong and that it should be whether the item was received within the stated time-frame.

Unfortunately I think that the feedback you have left for buyers in response to neuts/negs have probably contributed to your problems.  Particularly the recent feedback removed by ebay.

You could contact the buyers that have left the neuts/negs and see if there is anything you can do to help put things right and then maybe they will revise their feedback.  Must be worth a try.

Please use plain text.
mrgum
Community Member

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but with potential Christmas delays, does anyone know how much extra time should be given for deliveries?

What does it matter?, the buyer wants the item asap, whatever you say in your listing is neither here nor there.

Lots of bans in Jan I recon.

Rediculous system with no avenue to prove compliance with their listing for the seller.

The DSR questions need sorting out or the DSR system scrapped.

Please use plain text.
nana_jan
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear of your problems OP.

Ebay's DSR system really doesn't do small sellers any favours and in some cases can be really unfair.

It really depends on the percentage of lows overall rather than the actual number.

Large volume sellers are at a lower risk of being suspended/banned from selling due to the fact that their feedback numbers can soak up the number of low DSR's they recieve (if any).

Small sellers are at a greater risk because of these same percentages.

For example - a small seller may only sell 100 items a year but get 3 low DSR ratings for 'Item as Described' during that time. This would equate to 3% of total sales when the max allowed by Ebay is just 2%.

This would lead to a restriction on the sellers account.

A large volume seller stands a better chance of soaking up these percentages without it harming their account. 

I believe there are other factors taken into account such as policy breaches, but, from what I've seen on these boards, the vast majority of restricted sellers seem to have been restricted purely because of low DSR ratings.........even after they have tried to put things right!

Please use plain text.