Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

myraandjim !!!!!!!!

if my memory serves me right you said you were going to have a clearout prior to trying to sell up and making a few trips to the tip.My wife and I will be up at our caravan at Dufftown the Easter week so if you need any help and the use of another ca...

.......Do I care?

Had a banana and honey sandwich and then took my sugar level count ten minutes later! I should be flying with the angels! When I go, I ant to skid in sideways - large brandy in one hand, pork pie in the other saying "Man, that was some life you gave ...

Do you know about hair remover and showers?

If your shower, or bath, is slow running away it's probably blocked with hair. You can buy expensive chemicals to clear it but they're not that good. Buy a cheap tube of hair removal cream , squeeze the lot down the plug hole and follow it about half...

Do you listen to music while doing housework?

My washing up has been assisted by Don Estelle. It's not his best album; there's a toe-curling rendition of Walk On By that makes me wish I had. But it's good washing up music! For tidying the living room I need the Manic Street Preachers.

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

what do your children call theirs?

Had an interesting chat with a group of 9 year olds earlier on what is an acceptable word to use to describe the part you sit on, came about after one child complained another had used a naughty word.... bum! so.. what do your children use?

User avatar by Engager
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Errors in TV Shows

I have the whole series on DVD of Surgical Spirit starring Nicola McAuliffeAfter watching it for the 3rd time, I spotted an errorIn the very first episode, the houseman Giles Peake arrives late, saying that his car broke down.In the first episode of ...

so annoyed i could scream

i htried to do somthing this morning that i have not done in many many years i tried to claim job seekers allowance.. 1 .. drive to town and pay 2 hours parking as i did not know how long it woul take..2.. go in job center at 9 o clock as doors open ...

Your favourite item of clothing?

Is it a special piece, kept for occasions? Or something well worn that you feel good in? Maybe something inherited from a much-loved relative? Mine has to be an old t-shirt, bright yellow, with a picture of the Eiffel Tower and the legend "When In Ro...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Visitors.....

we are having OH's mate and his wife over tomorrow. We haven't seen them for two years so of course they are excited to come.Do you go mad and tidy up like crazy and then do a really nice lunch for your visitors, or do you only provide a drink and a ...

okay that was weird

so number one son flew the nest last year.....a month or so ago my second decided to go out on his own....I didnt hold out much hope of him getting a housing executive place.....but within two weeks he got an offer. when he told me the address..........

Do you know about foil and cling film?

Just wondered when I mentioned it on the Film thread. You probably all know this and I grew up in some rural household where nobody knew. I discovered it about a year ago.At the ends of the boxes that contain the devils they call cling film and foil ...

Stampingpat....

it's so nice to see you back posting. How are the hoggies? and your new pup? I've missed those recipies of yours and our dinner suggestions....Welcome back

flowery smiley.gif

Ink jet v Laser

Who's got what, and why? When I first started off I had inkjet printers because they were reasonable in price and the cartridges were easy to replace. I do a lot of of typing and found the results o.k. on paper and for general correspondence. As many...