To roast or not to roast.

We are having slow roasted Lamb, should have enough to last the week ha ha ha.
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

We never have a roast.  Instead, we have a small hot pot with mixed veg for lunch.  Needless to say, we've had the dreaded turkey with salad for our tea.  I don't mind once in a while but my ma would have me gobbling soon.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

lunch and dinner have gone a bit haywire today! we had homemade lentil soup with garlic bread and the last of the salad stuff from yesterday....

not a clue what to do for our dinner tonight......

Photobucket

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

I am doing a small pasta bake with leeks & bacon. Might have garlic bread too.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Roast for me.  I got a smallish chicken out the freezer.  I don't feel like it, but I desperately need the freezer space for the batch of curry I did last night.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Roast for us ...................... a chicken this week am just about to make the bread sauce

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Always eat out for Sunday lunch ( roast chicken dinner today ) so evening meal is usually just something easy ....

Making broccoli and stilton soup and will have the leftover soup tomorrow for lunch ...
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

The boss' driver took me to the supermarket this morning - bought a cooked chicken, baby new spuds, baby new carrots, and spinach. Also bought a box of assorted salad from the salad bar and some cheese and some sugar-free peach and passion fruit sorbet.

So cheese and salad at lunchtime - eaten outside in the shade, enjoying the sunshine.

As the kitchen here is accessible (and huge), will do cooked chicken with steamed new pots, carrots and spinach this evening. Veg is all ready prepared so just needs putting in the electric steamer.

Will be the first meal where I have done any cooking for years.

I can even manage the washing up - dishwasher is accessible too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

That sounds good Stroppy.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

I never did roast that chicken.  OH invited me up to his to watch recorded telly; he'd recorded a Hairy Bikers: Best Of British for me.  Better than a roast any day!

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent