Loads of tins of tomatoes

mouse4702
Conversationalist

......any suggestions? (no not that).  I tend to buy them when I see them cheap, and have about 12 tins.  I need the cupboard space!  Has anyone a recipe using tinned toms?

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Loads of tins of tomatoes

Crikey Moses!  That's what you call a substitution!

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

Sorry, Frederick - but that is the weirdest Spaghetti Bolognese sauce recipe I have ever read! Carrots, Peas, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Sauce, Mint and Olives. Really?

Photobucket

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

Tinned tomatoes can be used in all sorts of recipes - Bolognese Sauce, Chili, Casseroles. I also do something where you tip your tin of toms into a saucepan, season well with salt and pepper, then add lots of slices of Cheddar Cheese. Let it simmer slowly until the cheese has melted (you can add garlic and courgettes as well, if you like). Then serve with crusty bread (and butter, if you're like me) to soak up the yummy juices).

Photobucket

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

There is a Slim*ing World recipe for a speedy tomato soup - that tastes really nice.  I think of it as a cheat's version of soup due to the convenience foods.  Now I know the picked onion sounds an odd ingredient, but it definitely needs it.  I tried it with and without and it is much better with the pickled onion blitzed into it

Superspeed tomato soup

2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
1 tin of carrots (drained)
1 tin baked beans
1 chicken oxo or bovril stock cube
1/2 pint water
1 pickled onion

place all ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor then blend.
Heat as required.

xx

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent