Can't edit pictures

Hi, I've been selling stuff for several months and up until a couple of weeks ago, I could edit photographs on the selling page without  a problem. But now, when I click on the edit icon on the photo, it enlarges the pic but the image appears at the bottom of the screen and I cannot access the edit buttons. So all my for sale pics appear side on. I've adjusted them so they're upright  before I upload them but they still appear side-on.

The side bar disappears on the edit screen, so I can't raise either the page or the image. I've resized my PC's settings but that hasn't worked.

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Can't edit pictures

@minicooper1910

Did you manage to sort this out in the end?

I'm sorry I don't have an answer but did find these two thread which may give some help:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Pictures-of-item-laying-sideways/m-p/4988491/highlight...

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Private-Seller-Board/How-to-edit-photos-using-the-advanced-listing-to...

Neither are very long and perhaps something will work for you.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Can't edit pictures

Hi, many thanks for taking the trouble to reply! The links you gave have a few tips I will try.

x

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Can't edit pictures

Hi find this usually happens with images uploaded from a mobile phone. I think the reason is because as standard it is assumed the longest measurement on a photo will be it's width (ie. photos take with a standard digital camera) but with mobile phones often the longest side is the height. I think that ebay assumes the longest side (height) is the width and hence flips it 90 degrees. Either that or ebay cannot read the orientation (ie. portrait or landscape) data for the photo.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent