nick_paypalgivingfund
eBay Employee

Choose the charity you see in eBay Checkout

Many of you will have seen the option to support a charity with a small donation when you complete eBay checkout using PayPal.

You can choose the charity (or charities) you see in eBay checkout by setting "Favourite Charities" in your eBay account.

1) Log into My eBay

2) Go to your Donation Account (under the Account Tab)

3) Visit the My Favourite Charities page

If you don't set any favourite charities, you'll be offered the chance to donate to a charity benefiting from the listing. If there isn't one, you'll see a random charity from the pool of featured charities that week.

Since November 2008, eBay buyers have generously donated over £3.5m to UK charities through eBay checkout.

Please use plain text.
yesnomaybeyes
Community Member

Re: Choose the charity you see in eBay Checkout

in reply to nick_paypalgivingfund

You know Nick. I don't mind donating to charities, really I don't.

What I do mind however, is that if you use the 'Sell a similar item' option and forget that the charity donation is in place from a previous sale, and you 'list', you cannot go back and edit the charity button!!!!!!!! You're locked in!

Also, I've had loads of non-payers, yet my charity donation still gets taken!? Yes, there is a long and convoluted process to safeguard against that happening, but it's making me not want to donate!

Regards.

Please use plain text.
gorgeousgirl158
Community Member

the option to donate when I list an item to sell is a minimum 10%. If it were possible to donate 3 or 5 % I would donate more often. 10% is too much on an item that will sell for a couple of £ so I can't donate as often as I would like.
Please use plain text.
rell6534
Community Member

My favourite charities aren't showing up in the new style checkout.

Any reason for this?

Please use plain text.