Click and collect

Just wondered if any other sellers had issues with click and collect recently?

Today a buyer complained that his click and collect item was sent to his home address - and no-one was in. Tracking showed failed delivery, and they asked me why.

I replied that I had sent it to the address on the order page (their home) and not seen the C & C address! Coincidentally - also today - an item I ordered C & C arrived at my home.

Luckily I was in..

Ebay glitch perhaps? 

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Click and collect

It's clear, it's just not like the current glitch that ebay is aware of, which is that when a seller loooks at a C&C order on the app, they get given the home address of the buyer, but when they look on the main website, they get the C&C details.

So unless yours is a completely different glitch, your buyer has told you they used C&C, but you have no actual evidence they did, and your seller might have used the app to send your order.

dave@ebay 

Is this a new variant?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Click and collect

Yes this is the latest eBay mess up.

All part of their website meltdown program no doubt.

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The address given on the app is the buyer's,  not the click and collect one.  The right address is only given on a PC.  It's a significant glitch in a long line of glitches.

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

The item I sold was all done on the EBay website, not the app and order page doesn't show the c & c address - only the home one. Not sure what my seller used..

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

@pinemarten56 wrote:

The item I sold was all done on the EBay website, not the app and order page doesn't show the c & c address - only the home one. Not sure what my seller used..

Then why do you think your buyer actually used click and collect? 

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

The buyer obviously selected click and collect because they could not guarantee being at home when the item was delivered. If the only address I am presented with is the home address on the order page, I have no option other than to send it there..

The issue is that his selection has not shown at my end, I believe this is an ebay problem.

The fact that the same happened to my order (for which I chose C & C , and order details acually show Argos collection point) tends to corroborate this.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

I use Royal Mail click & drop account and this is integrated with my eBay listings, I noticed today that RM is dragging in the order which has say Argos or Londis as the delivery address with all the relevant details, but on looking at the order on eBay using my laptop I see the customers address and not the click & collect address.

eBay really needs to sort out this issue as sellers that don't use RM click & drop will end up sending the item to the customers address.

Interestingly the GSP ones are okay

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

It's clear, it's just not like the current glitch that ebay is aware of, which is that when a seller loooks at a C&C order on the app, they get given the home address of the buyer, but when they look on the main website, they get the C&C details.

So unless yours is a completely different glitch, your buyer has told you they used C&C, but you have no actual evidence they did, and your seller might have used the app to send your order.

dave@ebay 

Is this a new variant?

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Morning @papso22 

Thanks for the tag.

We've seen some reports of this happening in browsers too. We are currently investigating the issue. I'll keep an eye on the Bug Ticket and post an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Morning @pinemarten56 

This is an issue on our side, Ive added your account to the Bug Report. 

If you could PM me the buyers user ID I'll add them too so Tech can investigate.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

I see.

It's like so many other things with Ebay that seem to work OK and we take them for granted - until one day they break.🙄

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Thank you Dave.

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

It is actually happening to me too, and today_

The item was not sent to the 'Click e Collect Address' that i had chosen when the window opened.

It was sent to another address.

I am miles away from that Old address displayed on ebay, and wanted to collect it at Argos.

I have shown to the seller that my ebay page shows the order was placed with 'Click e Collect ', but he showed me his page with Another Address _ 

Now how to solve all this ? 

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

dave@ebay wrote:

....We've seen some reports of this happening in browsers too. We are currently investigating the issue. I'll keep an eye on the Bug Ticket and post an update as soon as possible. 

Dave - appreciate you work for the community team - you guys take the brunt of our frustrations and are unable to directly effect solutions or change.  However, this really is a "bug" that beggars belief. 

When a buyer purchases a BIN and adds a C&C address, the only address the seller receives is the C&C address. By sharing the buyer's registered address, that's a GDPR issue. 

Sellers must have faith in the information given to them by eBay - 'send this item here', is what we are told. Yet, 'here', is wholly incorrect. How am I supposed to work with duff info? Rubbish in = rubbish out. 

We'll have buyers claiming INR > some sellers will rely on the MBG with 'attempted' delivery being accepted and then the buyers being down the money + the item. That's just pure wrong when the buyer entered a C&C address [assuming all factors in the variables were met within the guidelines of C&C for both buyer & seller]

Why should the buyer or seller lose out because eBay can't get it's act together and just have a fully working site? It will be sellers receiving the aggro from buyers, not eBay. Buyers will assume the seller messed up, not eBay. 

I think eBay need some sort of 'damage limitation' plan in place whereby when these colossal screw-ups occur, the community team are directed to post pinned threads on the boards advising us all of what has happened. At least we'll all know this has been logged and is being worked on. 

It was me who alerted you guys to this, after 2 x posts on the boards - why is it after I posted that we find out that "this is an emerging issue"? eBay should be upfront and Frank about these things when they know about them. 

BTW - that post was 2 days ago. 2 full days. Not good enough, eBay, not good enough at all. 

[Not having a pop at you guys in the community team - just eBay themselves]

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Exactly.

I've posted elsewhere about this, as it's also happened to me. It's a totally unacceptable breach of data security.

We need to stop calling these issues "glitches" and "bugs" and start calling them what they really are: bad programming. Ebay need to start taking these issues seriously.

If I made mistakes like these in my regular job, I would be sacked, possibly even struck-off and even charged with a crime.

Time for an "IT intern" clearout, asap.

If Ebay think these issues don't impact on buyers, then consider this:

In 2017, I purchased 245 items on Amazon.

It's been downhill ever since.

This year I have purchased 12 items, with none planned for the rest of the year.

Amazon, like Ebay,  probably assume that there is no competition elsewhere. Wrong!

I still buy regularly on here, but the days of having three pages full of items awaiting delivery are long gone.

I also sold on here for 18 years before Mismanaged Payments were introduced - I moved all my stock onto a different site, where I often get better prices than I would on here.

A lot of online companies nowadays seem to think that they will be around forever. Anyone remember deja.com or cdnow.com? Thought not 🙂

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Anonymous
Not applicable

i posted a package to the address Ebay gave me but the customer has said he selected click and collect address and this is now showing under the payment details, he has now opened two disputes saying he has not received his items even though i can see they have been delivered to the address Ebay gave me. Please can you tell me the next steps and who is responsibly for the refunds as this is not my error so feel i shouldn't be out of pocket 😞

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

I had been about to add Click and Collect to my listings as thought it might add a few sales. Having read this thread I'm definitely staying clear of it. It would appear an impossible situation if both seller and buyer do the right thing but it's eBay that lets them down and without a built in solution to put it right immediately.

It's a shame as was initially excited to offer my buyers the choice.

Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

I use it without any issues.

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Its nice to have the choice.

I would dearly love to add C&C to some of my listings, but I just cant get it to work AT ALL.

Apparently I am "enrolled " in the scheme but it doesnt appear anywhere as an option.

Is there some sort of video tutorial somewhere showing how to get it started ?

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

Click and collect

Your start prices are too low, for C&C a minimum starting price of £5 is required to activate the option.

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: