Click and collect

Just wondered if any other sellers had issues with click and collect recently?

Today a buyer complained that his click and collect item was sent to his home address - and no-one was in. Tracking showed failed delivery, and they asked me why.

I replied that I had sent it to the address on the order page (their home) and not seen the C & C address! Coincidentally - also today - an item I ordered C & C arrived at my home.

Luckily I was in..

Ebay glitch perhaps? 

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Click and collect

I know about the £5 minimum starting price.

I have a couple of drafts for items which I intend to start at £6 - simply to get the C&C option.

It doesnt make any difference at all

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

I have rf microneedling machine 2 in 1  in my basket, is that full set ?

Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

People often say I'm short of a full set.

I don't know what the means either.

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

C&C it's a bit of a headache for buyers and sellers. It's a system that is not robust and fit for purpose. EBay really need to spend some of their billions to get it working, starting with making sure stores understand how it works. 

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

I just had a Click and Collect item refused by the supposed location, as they say that they had no room to store packets. The item was correctly addressed with the code number , complied with the regulations and is currently lost in the return post. I have an unhappy customer and will lose a lot of money if I don't get the item back. Does Click and Collect ever actually work, or is it a completely failed system?

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

If a buyer choses C&C, or an alternative address at checkout, then that is the only address ebay should show the seller. But they show 'post to' and 'registered', and of course it used to be 'only send to the registered address', so that's what some sellers do when faced with the choice.

I had a C&C item arrive at my home address the other week - fortunately we were in, so it was OK. But what if I had wanted it sent to my daughter miles away? I would then end up paying 2 lots of postage.

I have asked why ebay show the registered address  in this instance on the weekly chat (twice!). First time I got a patronising instruction on how C&C works (hadn't bothered to read all the post again :(), second time I was told 'it would be the seller's fault'. I know that - but how does that help me if the C&C is sent to home address when we are away, or when I have to fork out the postage to send it on to the address it was supposed to be going to. I guess I would just have to open an INR ... but that seems wrong if I do have the parcel, it's just at the wrong address.

Just show the 'post to' address only, ebay, you know it makes sense!

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: