A second referendum.

The holidays are over, the kids are back in school, and Parliament is back in Westminster. Brexit is likely to dominate the proceedings there. This morning, Vince Cable was on TV discussing Brexit, and in his view there should, and will be a second referendum. His view is that another referendum would be a 'first ' referendum, because new facts have come to light, and we would be voting with different information.

What do you good people think of a second referendum, or a second vote on the final agreement? If there were to be another vote, would you vote differently from last time?

Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

A second referendum.

@treefrog6352 wrote:
Tony Blair a man who had nothing when he bacame PM has now got a personal fortune of more than £25 million and they say there is no corruption in British politics

Trying to figure that one out - Lewis Hamilton had nothing when he became an F1 driver - he now has a personal fortune of £140 million - does that make him 7 times more corrupt?

Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

A second referendum.

Hamilton gets prize money and sponsorship deals, whereas Blair was on a fixed wage of around £150kpa, during his Pm years.

Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

A second referendum.

I think people confuse corruption with those who attract sponsorship (dubious or otherwise).

As far a LH goes, he does have a talent for driving a fast car and has proved that by becoming F1 world champion (more than once!) so if people wish to pay him extremely well for doing that and pay him sponsorship for certain spin-offs, that's not corruption and if LH were to be brutally honest he'd be likely to say "If they're daft enought to pay me, I'm daft enough to take it."

As to TB, if people are daft enought to pay him idiotic amounts to hear him speak at functions then I suppose the same holds good for him?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

A second referendum.

Blair makes a lot of his money spending our Overseas Aid money, remember it was he who wrote it into Law, and many of the companies that spend this money on our behalf have Mps' retired or still serving on the Boards of these companies, it is not as simple as us sending money to these countries, we send expertise not money excactly, and these companies cream off most of it for themselves and their shareholders, this is where the corruption is embedded, also why Overseas Development Aid will not be changed or even debated. It is a retirement fund for MP'sand senior civil servants.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

A second referendum.

You've heard of the European Council? The translation of "council" in German is RAT. Says it all really?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

A second referendum.

Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent