The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

North Korea....... again.

So now North Korea have claimed to have a Hydrogen Bomb? They've certainly detonated the largest device yet but what are they aiming to do with it? What can anyone "do" about North Korea? Anything? The rest of the World realises that China have absol...

User avatar by Guide
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Himalayan Balsam taking over our countryside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/06/27/himalayan-balsam-now-widespread-needs-tackling/ Walking out with the dog this morning I noticed it everywhere. It is actually doing what was predicted and taking over, not only is it clogging up our water...

Gender neutral?

Is the World is getting madder? :- http://news.sky.com/story/school-bans-girls-from-wearing-skirts-as-it-brings-in-gender-neutral-uniform-11023265 Surely the original idea of a school uniform was that the kids should be smart, tidy and to encourage t...

User avatar by Guide
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Divine Herbal

Hello Everyone,I have purchased Divine Herbal oil for hair growth just 2 days ago. I applied to my scalp and washed my head in the morning. IF I DON'T WASH IN THE MORNING AND HAVE SHOWER IN THE EVENING ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?. I had shower this m...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

What a superstar

Jemima layzell a young girl who died at the tender age of 13 has donated eight of her organs to help others. God bless her!

The World ends tomorrow.

The World will end tomorrow............. according to the prophets of doom:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/will-2017-solar-eclipse-cause-secret-planet-called-nibiru-destroy/ It hasn't ended on all the other dates it was supposed to end and it won...

User avatar by Guide
  • 59 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whatever Next

Has anyone else noticed the surge in demand to see monuments removed, the likes of Admiral Nelson for his attitude to slavery, it would appear that many of our revered patriots are to be labelled as bigots for holding attitudes of the day which are n...

post with shutlpost with ebay

Hi, has anyone used Shutl? (eBay Hermes)I've had a few problems with labels but the really big issue is that their 'Non-Compensation' list seems to exclude cover for postal damage on anything!!!Its not made clear anywhere and is actually hard to find...

Used stamps for charities

Friends and I have bags of used stamps we'd like to send to charities who make money from them. Does anyone know the addresses of animal charities or rescue centres who would be interested? I used to send to a cat rescue in Haworth ( an eBay member c...

User avatar by Helper
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yellow Pages to stop printing directory after 51-years

The local business directory that helped JR Hartley find his book on fly fishing is set to go out of print.The Yellow Pages will no longer be published on paper from next year onwards, more than five decades after it launched in the UK.Its owner, Yel...

Resolved! Can anyone help Identify an Oil Lamp Please.

I have a Vintage/Antique Oil Lamp with a Wrought Iron Triangular Base which is stamped W & B.B Rd 67644 on the underside. It has a Black Ceramic Font which is hand painted with an embossed Floral Pattern. The Wick Winder Button has 4 x E's on it. Can...

Have you ever heard of....

Have you ever heard of The National Library of Wales? Nope, I hadn't until last week. It's in Aberystwyth rather than in Cardiff or Swansea. What a place and what a site it's on with superb views. Worth a look? Here's a big link:- https://www.google....

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is going on in the uk

Following the resignation of shadow minister Sarah Champion for her innappropriate comments about grooming gangs am I missing something or are we becoming a less tolerant society rather than the opppsite. All she did was point a finger towards those ...

Resolved! Fake vitamins & suppliments - how'd you know?

I just bought some vitamin D from a seller. After buying (not received yet) my common sense kicked in and I'm asking myself 'how the hell do I know these are real'? The seller has 100% feedback over two years with only 2 neutral scores. He lists the ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 3 kudos

The Climate.

It seems that tempers have been raised over a BBC radio interview about the issue of Climate Change (they don't call it "Global Warming" now?). http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-40899188 Now instead of attacking the BBC (and Lawson) it wo...

User avatar by Guide
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discussions on the RT.

Along with the general lack of posting on here, there seems to be a distinct lack of discussions and any that do start often don't get a lot of "interest", a lot of views, but notta lotta posting? Is that because there are those who don't know how to...

User avatar by Guide
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should the police have paid

A child rapist to gather information on a child grooming gang, many of today's newspapers seem to suggest it is not and yet without his information all these groomers would still be at large. Isn't it time to recognise that those responsible are acti...

Fifty years ago today.

Fifty years ago today the Marine Broadcasting Offences Act saw off the original pirate radio stations. Seems they've gone "legal". Will they do any good? ie will they prosper? http://news.sky.com/story/radio-rebels-go-straight-pirate-station-caroline...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

12th August.

This year the Glorious Twelfth coincides with the Peak of the Perseids meteor shower. I wonder if the forecast clear sky will materialise even though the Moon will be a bit of a problem?

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

A Testimony to my true friendship..

I bring my best mate home for dinner unannounced at 5.30 p.m. after work. My wife screams at me as my friend listens in,"My hair & makeup are not done, the house is a mess, the dishes are not done,I'm still in my pyjamas, and I can't be bothered with...