Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Has anybody else had this happen to them over the past few days ...Ive done some research and gather its not a new issue however ive been setting up drafts over the past week getting ready for this weekend , signed in yesterday and 8 of my drafts had dissapeared into thin air !!! Spoke to ebay who advised me of a technical issue.....Not good , 😡

Message 1 of 61
See Most Recent
60 REPLIES 60

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Despite what the reps on here say many will tell you that saving drafts is not reliable and do sometimes disappear.

I've found it better to schedule items instead. As long as you are not being charged for it and remember to extend dates as needed.

Message 2 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

This is also being reported on the .com site so maybe the random disappearance bug has become less random.

Message 3 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Lots of sellers reporting the same glitch this week. It deletes a few drafts every time I make a new one. Disaster.

Message 4 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

We're experiencing the same issue; multiple drafts just disappearing; not great when we have multiple listers working across multiple sites and having to re-do everything again! Would be nice for some sort of comms to come out from eBay explaining the problem

Message 5 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

There has been no assistance from Ebay whatsoever , all they said to me was that they would report the issue and thanked me for my patience.....which is no solution to the problem at all . Again very little help for sellers it seems .

Message 6 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Went back and Scheduled my Remaining drafts to start this sat , i thought it had worked initially but when I made another draft it wiped out another one in return...its tricky to know what to do apart from drawing up listings on the same morning as selling but impossible for people who have hundreds of listings !! 

Message 7 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

This happened to me over the past few days. Lost 150 drafts as I save them up for offers weekends, which we haven't had for a while.... spent hours getting past round different people at eBay to be no further forward. Hours and hours work to redo. Not good enough service and security for sellers yet again! So annoying !

Message 8 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Does anyone know who's spoken to eBay recently if they're likely to reappear ? Don't want to soend days re-drafting for them to turn up! 

Message 9 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Hi All,

The issue with the drafts disappearing has been reported to our technical team. It is a bug on site that is impacting UK, US and AU. Its currently with tech who are working on a resolution. I have added all accounts here to the ticket. Once we have a further update I will post back on the thread.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 10 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Sorry to hear about your Drafts...I lost a load as well, I spoke to ebay on the day and they said the Drafts cannot be retrieved. Not sure of a solution as yet , ive tried Scheduling after some advise , and still lost one ...lets hope ebay fix this Issue !!!

Message 11 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Following.  I work for a charity and we've lost quite a few valuable drafts.  Nightmare!

Message 12 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Hello

This is Helen Brew from St Rocco's Hospice ebay shop.  Is there any update on the disappearing drafts issue from last week?  I am currently a Concierge customer and they didn't seem to know anything about it when I called on Friday afternoon.

Thanks

Helen Brew

Message 13 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Hi @stroccoshospice ,

I don't have a timescale at the moment for the fix.  It is currently being worked on by tech. Once a further update is available I'll update the thread.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 14 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

You can also check this on .coms forum where there is a proper pinned thread of current technical problems. Disappearing drafts is at the top.

An interesting point raised there on this long ongoing unfixed bit of bad programming is why isn't there some sort of alert to warn you about this ongoing problem if you go to save drafts.

How would they word that warning..............  "Don't use drafts as they're unreliable and you could waste many hours of work. Despite being recommended to use them by eBay reps recently on the UK forum"

Message 15 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Still No update from ebay apart from its been reported . 

It took me all day on Saturday to redo everything id lost...Big sellers and charitys have lost an aweful lot more . And its like you say , why havent ebay issued a warning or even responded with an alternative solution ?

Message 16 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

One week later. Still hasn't been fixed. Still no real update from eBay.

Message 17 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Hi @q12345678900 ,

Tech are currently working on the issue. We continue to add all users who report it to the open ticket. I don't have a timescale but once I have more information on a fix I will update the thread. 

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 18 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

For anyone affected by this who has a featured or anchor shop subscription (as long as you haven't only subscribed to it since last March), you will have access to the Inventory feature. If you use that to create your listings instead then, going forward, that will stop new work being lost. It also saves listings indefinitely.

Message 19 of 61
See Most Recent

Disappearing Drafts !!!!

Hi All,

Just updating that this issue has been resolved.  If it is still impacting your account please let me know.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 61
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: