I have received negative feedback buyer has refused to open a case

I sold an item, checked it over before posting. It had no defects. Buyer had already sent several messages asking for lowest price, I thought I had blocked him but obviously not.

• It arrived this morning buyer said it has paint on it, he is not happy , I have asked him to open a case, he has refused.
  • several messages later, he has asked for my address and said he will return in next month.
  • i have replied to every message sorry but you need to open a case.
  • he has threatened negative feedback several times and has now left it.
  • Ebay are refusing to remove it

not sure where I can go from here.

He has also told me several times he has the exact same jacket but in much better condition than the 1 I sent. 

Any advise?

UPDATE  

I have just spoken to ebay, explained about the feedback extortion and the guy I spoke to wants to leave it to see if he opens a case, he said if he does the feedback could be evidence of his intent as at the moment he hasnt really said what he wants.

I have to phone back in 3 weeks, the return it next month bit confused him as well
I think I am just unlucky!

Buyer is blocked but is still able to message me as I received another message last night asking me to block him so he doesnt accidently buy any more of my ****
Thank you for all your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I would keep trying to get the feedback removed, others have managed when a buyer refuses to use the MBG and open a case.  Your response is perfect by the way.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Unfortunately it sounds as though you got through to the village idiot when you contacted eBay the first time with regards to getting the feedback removed.  Try contacting eBay Customer Services again in the morning using the option to have somebody call you back, as that's when you've got the best chance of receivinn a call from an eBay representative who actually speaks English as his or her first language, thus removing the problem of trying to get around a language barrier and make your case clearly understood by the person you are speaking to.  Lines open at 8:00am and close at 10:00pm.

In order to contact eBay Customer Services click on the Policies link at the bottom of this page.  When the Policies page loads up scroll right down to the bottom of the page and look at the left hand side of the screen.  There is a mobile phone icon there next to the words "Have Us Call You."  Click on that link and an eBay representative should contact you shortly afterwards.  Have the item listiing number to hand, as if you give this to the eBay representative when he or she calls you this will help him or her to locate the case faster.

Once the eBay representative has pulled up the case details argue your case strongly for the removal of the buyer's feedback.  Make a point of referring eBay to every one of the messages where the buyer threatened to leave you negative feedback and point out that this is feedback extortion and is in breach of eBay's feedback policies.  Once you have made that point say something along the lines of "On the basis of the clear evidence of feedback extortion in relation to this matter, I would appreciate it if you would remove the buyer's feedback from my feedback history."  Once you have rammed that point home it will be somewhat difficult for eBay to refuse to remove the buyer's feedback when you have clearly pointed out to them that the buyer has breached eBay feedback policy.  Therefore, if you are lucky enough to get through to an eBay representative with an ounce of sense then he or she ought to overturn the original decision not to remove the negative feedback, in which case it should be removed from your account.  If this does indeed happen then the feedback-related defect that your account would have been hit with as a result of receiving that negaitive feedback will also be removed, in which case this buyer's feedback comment will not have done your account any lasting damage.

Good luck with getting the feedback removed, and if you haven't already done so make sure that you add the buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List by clicking on this link https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin.  A big white box will appear on the screen - add the buyer's User ID to that white box, click on the Submit button beneath it and once you have done that the buyer who left you that negative feedback will never again be able to purchase anything else that you list for sale on the site.

`It arrived this morning buyer said it has paint on it, he is not happy , I have asked him to open a case, he has refused.

several messages later, he has asked for my address and said he will return in next month.`

Well he can`t be that unhappy with it then and why he wants to wait a month, i have no idea.

stick to your guns, no return, no refund.

Sounds to me like he`s hopeing you`ll just refund without the hassle of providing a label so he get`s a free jacket 🙂

"he has threatened negative feedback several times and has now left it."

That is called Feedback Extortion and is not allowed. Point this out when you contact CSand ask them to read messages.

As already said CS reps. barely seem to understand the most basic rules and no doubt it is far easier to say "No" than actually do the job they are paid to do.

If the buyer returns without opening a case within ebay's allowed time they have no way to enforce a refund. Your buyer has no doubt got away with it in the past by making threats so that they get a Freebie.

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

We can't see who this buyer was, but has he left similar bad feedback for other sellers?

If so, then coupled with his threats of negative feedback you could put a stronger case to eBay that he's using feedback extortion to demand discounts.

Ignore any further messages from him, only respond via eBay if he opens a claim...If he doesn't open a claim with eBay he may try the PayPal route.

Download and save all his messages now.

If he then tries to claim you have some ammunition.