I have set buyer restrictions. No one with no reviews can bid. But it hasn't been triggered

So I have had a bid for an expensive warhammer book by someone with no reviews, which should not have happened as far as I can tell. The individual is spam mailing me acting as if they have no idea how ebay works. Claiming they're buying the item for a boyfriend and requesting info on the item description when they could easily google it which makes me believe it's not a genuine bid. They are now asking to buy the book before the auction ends. Is there anyway I can just cancel this bid mid auction?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have set buyer restrictions. No one with no reviews can bid. But it hasn't been triggered

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Sellers cannot block buyers with zero feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Sellers cannot block buyers with zero feedback.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I have the box clicked in my settings. Maybe that's allied to another set of parameters. I've had bad experiences with no review buyers previously and whenever one bids I suspect the worst. His constant spamming of my email box gives me bad vibes. It appears I can only report a buyer and not a bidder. So I just to wait to see if he/she's a scammer and hope someone else bids?

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

arkwebus
Experienced Mentor

If you are concerned about scammers I really would suggest that you look at your advertised postage.  

At the values you are selling documents - for example - you would need to use Special Delivery or you will get only partial refunds from Royal Mail in the case of loss.  

@objects-of-intrigue 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You can cancel their bid and add them to your blocked buyer list.

When you go to do that you will see that the feedback score block is linked to another one and doesn't work in isolation.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@objects-of-intrigueIn addition to the advice given in @papso22's reply in post five of this thread - which I think you should definitely act upon if you haven't yet already taken the advice provided - once you have added the buyer's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List go back to your Seller Preferences and ensure that the Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me option has been activated.  If this option is activated then once you have added the buyer to your Blocked Bidders List he/she will no longer be able to spam mail you relentlessly, as his/her e-mails would no longer be able to get through to you.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: