Selling fees are too high on ebay, time to call it a day and just bin it all

I have been a loyal and faithful member of ebay for 20+ years now, till quite recently it has been good, but of late not so good, sadly. The fees are just too much for me and also for other sellers too.

So what to do, I think that the options for me are to list less items only every second week, so my fees are less and to list less items.

I have found it very theraputic as I had to have open heart opp over a year ago, it gave me something to focus on and I met a lot of nice people and remain in contact with them to this day. But I can see me calling it a day and just giving away my stock of old car parts or just taking it all to the dump, which will be to me a sad day, but such is life and it will be the end of an era too.

Not much else I can say, but I think that ebay should rethink things as it is going to cost them a lot of business, I wonder, I can see that nowdays that their is very little or no loyalty at all.

Kind regards to all who read this.

Message 1 of 66
See Most Recent
65 REPLIES 65

Early eBay dats late 90's where brilliant. Discovered eBay whilst bored out of my head on a training scheme so bought a magazine to read, large advert in back read join eBay to sell your items which was rubber stamps at the time . 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 61 of 66
See Most Recent

I have had it with them and extortionate fees, been a cliant since 2005, have a above standard feedback but cant be paying ther fees any more, its about time there was alternative selling sites, some compertition would make ebay change this direction 

Message 62 of 66
See Most Recent

It all depends on what is being sold when it comes to promoted listings, whether to use them or how much to pay, but one thing I'll add is when I buy stuff I actively avoid buying from promoted / sponsored listings. Surely anyone who sells and knows what they are also avoid buying from those sponsored listings, also people who don't look further than their nose would find them a good idea... oh and eBay as they get more fees!

Message 63 of 66
See Most Recent

fees i sold 249 pounds worth to day 51 pounds wirth of fees this is just greed nothing ekse

Message 64 of 66
See Most Recent

For businesses it's a tough one as it's take take take from eBay. Shop subscription fee (excess listings over quota are extra), selling fees and for those that use them, promoted listing fees. Then we have that new regulatory operating fee kicking in and postage that is always going up. 

Add to that, no fee promos ever anymore and it's one big rinse fest.

Message 65 of 66
See Most Recent

Agreed. I sold two items recently. After fees I earned £19. Hardly worth it.  There is some reward in hoping the item might avoid being binned. I'm giving away stuff now, using Facebook Market place, or binning the item. 

EBay should lower their fees for low value items or they will lose business. 

Message 66 of 66
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: