NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

FOR SOME REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEMSELVES EBAY DO NOT ALLOW SELLERS TO LEAVE BUYERS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YET BUYER CAN LEAVE FOR SELLER. I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME HAD NON PAYERS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BUT CAN’T LEAVE UNLESS UNDER “POSITIVE “ HEADING WHICH IS SIMPLY MISLEADING. IF YOU SEE BUYER HAD 100% FEEDBACK YOU ARE VERY UNLIKELY TO READ THROUGH TO SEE IF ANY ARE NEGATIVE 🙈🙈🙈🙈 IF YOU REPORT NON PAYER TO EBAY THEY CAN SEE YOUR FEEDBACK IS 100% TRUTHFUL. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. DON’T FORGET NO SELLERS NO EBAY, YES OF COURSE THAT APPLIES TO BUYER. WE NEED TO BE WORKING ON LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

Message 1 of 125
See Most Recent
124 REPLIES 124

Like that one and I'll write it in capitals

Message 61 of 125
See Most Recent

But how do we know the strike rules !! I've had non payers some of which when scrolling through some of their reviews which I do to everyone the minute I have a sale some have positive negatives but because the sellar has highlighted it in capitals and symbols it stands out.  Some have had quite a few so again how many and what is the time line for strike rules. I get we all have buyers that for one reason or another can't fulfull a winning bid or even an offer being accepted but its the lack of communication or not bothering to cancel that gets me. My motto is one strike and you're blocked and I don't care if I loose any potential sales from that person...

Message 62 of 125
See Most Recent

Because the idiots haven't followed the process. 

They've let you down so that that person could bid rather than be blocked. 

Message 63 of 125
See Most Recent

indeed it's against the rules.

As feedback cannot be left after an unpaid strike is given and as there's no non-payers until a strike is given, such feedback not only helps to keep non-payers buying, it's also not true.

Message 64 of 125
See Most Recent

So you are willing to break the rules, help non-payers and ensure they continue to damage other sellers.

Message 65 of 125
See Most Recent

Not the case if ebay cared enough about the sellars as they do the buyers there wouldn't be so many non payers... I personally don't take any notice of 100% positve feedback as I've learnt how some sellars are forced to give the negative positve feedback so scroll back a few months

Message 66 of 125
See Most Recent

which could prove my point about how the strikes actually work, because I just yesterday  had the do a review notification for a few items a couple of which had been non payers so if ebay had given them the unpaid strike I wouldn't be able to leave it

Message 67 of 125
See Most Recent

But if those sellers had gone down the unpaid item route, and if you had your settings set to block anyone with 2 strikes in 12 months, you wouldn't need to do that.

I think it says much about sellers who would rather leave a shouty non-positive than simply follow the correct procedure, which would benefit everyone. 

Message 68 of 125
See Most Recent

I was one of the sellers that went down the unpaid route which I do with any non payer but am still able to leave the feedback... so no I'm not just one of the shouty non positive I do also follow the correct procedure

Message 69 of 125
See Most Recent

How does it help other sellers if a buyer has a long history of claiming items weren't as described or arrived damaged/used or continually try to blackmail sellers into partial refunds, and nobody else can see this apart from ebay? Who choose to do nothing to stop these people or close their accounts.

eBay's 'rules' for telling tales do nothing at all to protect my business from these low-lives.

It's like being back at school and teachers telling kids to 'just ignore the bullies'

It's easy for other people to say that when they're not losing hundreds of pounds.

Other sellers warning me of their patterns of bad behaviour do at least save me the money I'd lose if I post an expensive item and they claim it arrived damaged. I'd rather cancel the sale and block them than spend weeks fighting an ebay case.

Message 70 of 125
See Most Recent

And yes, some sellers do lie too.

But that is why eBay have kept the feedback system in place to protect buyers. If a seller has a pattern of that kind of behaviour at least a buyer is able to see that and save their money!

Message 71 of 125
See Most Recent

"sellars are forced to give the negative positve feedback" 

they are not 'forced' and if unpaid strikes are given there's an automatic block sellers can use for buyers with two or more strikes, so no need to look at their feedback for false positives.

Unpaid strikes are so much better than 'bad' feedback.

Message 72 of 125
See Most Recent

There are rouge sellers and rouge buyers but only buyers seem to have the protection in these cases

Message 73 of 125
See Most Recent

@maisiemoo1522_0 wrote:

I was one of the sellers that went down the unpaid route which I do with any non payer but am still able to leave the feedback... so no I'm not just one of the shouty non positive I do also follow the correct procedure

While you are not physically blocked from leaving the buyer feedback when you have cancelled for non payment, the only feedback you can leave them according to the feedback policy, would be postive.  Positive feedback is not just the colour of the dot, it's the words used, so negative words is negative feedback regardless of the colour of the dot.

So you follow the cancellation procedure, but then break the feedback policy.  If the buyers reported you, you would be the one with the sanctions.

Message 74 of 125
See Most Recent

@dwbeautystore wrote:

How does it help other sellers if a buyer has a long history of claiming items weren't as described or arrived damaged/used or continually try to blackmail sellers into partial refunds, and nobody else can see this apart from ebay? Who choose to do nothing to stop these people or close their accounts.

eBay's 'rules' for telling tales do nothing at all to protect my business from these low-lives.

It's like being back at school and teachers telling kids to 'just ignore the bullies'

It's easy for other people to say that when they're not losing hundreds of pounds.

Other sellers warning me of their patterns of bad behaviour do at least save me the money I'd lose if I post an expensive item and they claim it arrived damaged. I'd rather cancel the sale and block them than spend weeks fighting an ebay case.

Buyers who open 'too many cases' using the MBG get their ability to use it removed.  We don't know how many is too many, or over what period of time, but it does happen.

They are not ebay 'rules' they are ebay rules, the ones you agree to every time you use your account.  You can't pick and choose which ones you choose to abide by, or ebay may eventually close your account. 

Message 75 of 125
See Most Recent

NO seller is 'forced' to give negative positive feedback!  They choose to go against the e bay policy on feedback, that is their CHOICE!

Message 76 of 125
See Most Recent

Both buyers and sellers can be rouge, especially French ones.

Message 77 of 125
See Most Recent

And those in the French cosmetics industry. 

Message 78 of 125
See Most Recent

Dont get me started on Buyers. The Negatives seem to be out in force atm. eBay are not removing anything atm either , and I mean anything. We had a comment today from someone who bought a Harper Collins World Map from us. (We don't design them or print them) Got a Neutral calling me a Palestine Hater, Isreal Support and im brainwashing kids becuase the map didnt include Palestine. eBay didnt even remove the feedback just the commment. 

Lots of threats of Negative Feedback from buyers and eBay not doing anything. Customers cancelling before estimated delivery dates and still leaving Negative Feedback (even when items being delivered) 

Customers atm don't seem to be reading descriptions or estimated delivery dates but eBay seem to not care. Getting tough. We are getting complaints and threats over things that are clearly displayed / shown. Buyers know now they have the levergae over you, and most of the time it just comes down to the buyer getting free items (Full refunds offered to adjust their feedback) 

As a company we paid just over £20,000 in fees last year, the way buyers are allowed to abuse feedback is harsh. I think a new format needs to come in and Sellers should have another platform to see what buyers are like (A system where sellers can see comments from other sellers about other buyers).

I think Sellers should also have the right to accept or decline buyer orders without the fear of Negative Feedback.

nine out of ten walls prefer iPosters!
Message 79 of 125
See Most Recent

A Credit Score type Feedback is what eBay needs (Your Score out of 999) 

Feedback is based on 7 Factors.

The Below is Auto-Generated so a Computer System will decide the correct score

Dispatch Time (System Picks up how quickly item was dispatched) 

Delivery Time (If Tracking is added, system picks up how quickly item is delivered)

Communication (System Picks up how fast you repied to the buyer) 

Postage Costs (System Picks up item weight / size and decides if Postage Cost is fair) 

The Buyer can then leave their feedback for following

Quality Of Product

Level Of Service

Would you buy from this Seller Again

Even if the buyer leaves 1/999 for both Quality of Product / Level of Service, as long as you have sent the item

on time, replied in good time, you still can get a good score for being a 'Good Account' 

Computer will then work out a score based on the 7 Factors and you get an average score based on that. 

Buyers can then leave feedback and it wouldnt be Negative or Positive, it would also go towards their Feedback 'Credit Score' 

How Quickly did the buyer pay? 

Did you enjoy this experiance with the buyer 

Do you have any issues to report with the buyer. (You can then report any issues which eBays will monitor, and if they see contonious patterns of suspicious behavior this will affect their Account Score) 

This way would be so much more fair, and better for everyone. You can also get impartial Feedback so if you have responded fast, dispatcged on time, the buyer can't score you down for that.

nine out of ten walls prefer iPosters!
Message 80 of 125
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: