NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

FOR SOME REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEMSELVES EBAY DO NOT ALLOW SELLERS TO LEAVE BUYERS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YET BUYER CAN LEAVE FOR SELLER. I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME HAD NON PAYERS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BUT CAN’T LEAVE UNLESS UNDER “POSITIVE “ HEADING WHICH IS SIMPLY MISLEADING. IF YOU SEE BUYER HAD 100% FEEDBACK YOU ARE VERY UNLIKELY TO READ THROUGH TO SEE IF ANY ARE NEGATIVE 🙈🙈🙈🙈 IF YOU REPORT NON PAYER TO EBAY THEY CAN SEE YOUR FEEDBACK IS 100% TRUTHFUL. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. DON’T FORGET NO SELLERS NO EBAY, YES OF COURSE THAT APPLIES TO BUYER. WE NEED TO BE WORKING ON LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

Message 1 of 125
See Most Recent
124 REPLIES 124

Very true - but eBay isn't interested.

Message 21 of 125
See Most Recent

Indeed you can - click on Help & Contact, type in Report A Seller & bingo. Sadly, the result will be zilch.

Message 22 of 125
See Most Recent

Hi. Re unusually large number of NEW HANDMADE GOODS ON PRIVATE ACCOUNT 🤔🤔🤔 I assume your under impression I should be a business seller which I’m most certainly NOT. These items were Hand made by my wife and listing details are very accurate. They are left over items from a recent event which was to raise funds for our local Children’s Hospice. They are one off as are  mostly Christmas Items so if not sold on this listing that’s it. Even if this wasn’t the case I honestly can’t see the problem. I trust this clears the matter up.

Message 23 of 125
See Most Recent

Ebay wants to keep buyers sweet so when the feedback system was used as blackmail they stopped negs for buyers.

Message 24 of 125
See Most Recent

One of the very few changes that Amazon made some years ago that actually improved the site was to get rid of seller feedback for buyers. 

It would make everything a lot easier if ebay did the same. 

Message 25 of 125
See Most Recent

yes maybe, but at least sellers can see if there is a pattern of non payment

Message 26 of 125
See Most Recent

Seeing a pattern doesn't help in any way.

Using the proper process does help.

Sellers using the process helps other sellers.

Those that don't use the process lets everyone down.

Message 27 of 125
See Most Recent

@jow1995 wrote:

yes maybe, but at least sellers can see if there is a pattern of non payment

But of what use would that be for a buy it Now sale? The buyer has jumped in and committed to buy before the seller even knows the member exists, let alone how many feedbacks they have saying "Avoid!! Non Payer!"

Most of the time sellers don't know who they are selling to until the item is sold and hopefully, paid for.

Far better, surely, to have a system that, if used properly, weeds out the non payers by preventing them from bidding/buying in the first place.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 28 of 125
See Most Recent

Many thanks for your input - now blocked all buyers who have had cancellations as a result of non payments 😀

Message 29 of 125
See Most Recent

Unffortunately this is how eBay is. All you can do it is set your bidder requirements to exclude those with 2 strikes or more - IMO we should be able to set it to one or more, but that'll never happen - and hope for the best. I know from looking at my own rejected bids logs that it does eliminate a few wasters, so it is worth doing.

Message 30 of 125
See Most Recent

I totally agree this needs to come back! I have had so many buyers try to steal from me, it's making me not want to sell any more.

We need to be able to see if a buyer has a history of doing this sort of thing.

It's got to the stage where I'm seriously considering selling off my stock and quitting ebay now.

I've started looking at the feedback buyers have left other sellers now before I send anything. If they've left too many negs that I don't believe I cancel the orders. I'd rather be penalised for that than have to phone around chasing parcels that have already been delivered or fight my case to prove the item was brand new and as described.

Message 31 of 125
See Most Recent

What about the much larger amount of buyers abusing feedback??

Message 32 of 125
See Most Recent

Simple ... instead of Sellers faffing about by leaving USELESS Positive Feedback for Non Payers, it would be very helpful to other Sellers if they acted on the advice given and followed the Unpaid Item process to recover their selling fees and give the offenders Account an Unpaid Defect Strike  which will stop them from continuing to mess other Sellers around again ... it does work !!!   >>>

Bidders are allowed 4 complete days before you can  action an Unpaid item cancellation ... just return to the Unpaid item after 4 complete days for an option to take action on Day 5 onwards from the sale to recover your Selling FVF fees >>

Cancel order/buyer hasn't paid'  ... 

only then should you relist  ... eBay will mark the account with a Non Payment defect and neither party can leave any  damaging Feedback >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Block them from returning here >   https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

Message 33 of 125
See Most Recent

The return of leaving negative feedback for buyers will never happen.

If it could be left, how would anyone know if the feedback was actually true or if it was just the seller’s revenge?

We didn’t know before and we wouldn’t know now either.

Message 34 of 125
See Most Recent

Unfortunately I have had same experience. One buyer started by complaining about postage then changed to not as described. Wouldn’t produce any proof (just didn’t have any). Tookcase to eBay who found in his favour, sent him payment from my account to return. When I received it was a video, original item purchased was a plate. I took photos in presenceof postman and reported to eBay. Answer - they couldn’t prove it was him who sent it🙈🙈🙈🙈so tough on me. When I checked up on his feedback he had done similar to others and got full refunds. Left us all very nasty negative feedback, and we aren’t allowed to leave him NEGATIVE. LIAR AND THIEF who got away with it. I stopped doing eBay for several months after this but was only doing myself harm so rejoined. I have to say largest % of buyers are very decent honest people but people like this need rooted out and blocked. I BLOCKED but VERY DISAPPOINTED AT EBAYS REACTION.

Message 35 of 125
See Most Recent

Unfortunately you also leave false positives for buyers, proving that eBay were correct all those years ago.

Message 36 of 125
See Most Recent

Yeah I've just had another one today, claiming her item was used and half gone. I'd got it straight out of the gift set I'd just bought at the time of posting and it was brand new, sealed and boxed.

I checked her feedback and saw most of her first page of feedback left was negative for sellers, lots of them claiming her items hadn't arrived or were damaged.

I replied to her email and told her to return the item if she genuinely thought what she was claiming was true, but if it's returned in any different state to the way I sent it she won't be getting a full refund. I've also reported her behaviour and pattern of abusing ebay protection and told her this. Funnily enough, she hasn't replied! 😄

eBay need to at least give us the option of cancelling a sale without penalty once we are able to see buyers have this pattern of behaviour.

Message 37 of 125
See Most Recent

I did that this week, yes. But read the feedback that buyer has been leaving and you'll see I had good reason to. Whether you believe it is right to do so or not, I have never done that without first trying to resolve the matter amicably and through ebay.

Buyers leaving false feedback claiming items are fake cause huge damage to my business when potential customers are reading it.

Message 38 of 125
See Most Recent

'yes maybe, but at least sellers can see if there is a pattern of non payment'  as said in post ( jow1995)

I wouldn't see it,  I sell Buy it Now items,  so no time to see  your well meaning , but policy breaking,  feedback, before that buyer was free to buy from me, and potentially end up not paying.

However,  if you  and all other sellers used the tools eBay provide,  that is,  to open those non payment cases,  if this is a serial non payer, then 2 strikes would stop them from buying  my items,  and probably for the majority of sellers,   who have blocked 2 strike non payers from buying from them.

Negative feedback for buyers truly doesn't work, even if it was allowed,  but cases do, they are the ones which are effective.

Message 39 of 125
See Most Recent

"I replied to her email and told her to return the item if she genuinely thought what she was claiming was true, but if it's returned in any different state to the way I sent it she won't be getting a full refund".

If the buyer does as above and opens a case with eBay [as they must] it is highly likely that she will get a full refund. 

EBay's view is that they do not see what was sent or returned and have no idea who is "telling the truth".   @dwbeautystore 

Message 40 of 125
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: