INCORRECT DELIVERY ESTIMATES - weekends are now workdays?

Just noticed and had a lengthy conversation with Customer Support regarding delivery estimates now showing incorrectly.

It appears that a recent update has now caused Saturday and Sunday to be included as working days!!

Therefore an item bought at 22:00 on Friday 1st, with a 3 day delivery service, is showing to buyers as expected delivery Monday 4th...
Please report this error to eBay as well, it needs to be fixed ASAP as buyers are already getting irate at item not arriving within eBay's over-optimistic, and fundamentally flawed estimate.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Also just noticed that my Royal Mail 2nd class estimates show exactly the same date range as the 1st class option, and the Express Delivery by 1pm Next Day option!!!

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I had one recently whereby the estimated delivery date was Sunday (March 3rd) - Monday (March 4th) using a 3 day courier. Dispatch date was set by eBay to be Monday March 4th, as per my standard handling times.

Even sending the item out early there's no way that an item will arrive that quickly. And to have to point it out... item sent within my handling time cannot arrive to the buyer on the same day it is dispatched and sitting in a Post Office or ParcelShop...

eBay need to sort this out and fast. These estimated delivery times are completely unrealistic.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

There are multiple threads about problems with eBay's "calculation" of Estimated Delivery Date.

Even with these examples where it's just obviously wrong, there doesn't seem to be any acceptance by eBay that there is any fault.

I just ignore EDD now - I state my dispatch time and delivery service on the listing and commit to that. If eBay makes up a fictional delivery date I have no control over that.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

I got one last week. Second class paid late at 11.55pm on a Friday. Delivery date was the Monday . Maybe Tuesday / Wednesday nit Monday 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

But does it really matter??

Weve established that "impossible to achieve"  =  "working correctly" to ebay.

Does it really make any difference how ebay makes its FDDs impossible to achieve?  It forgets bank holidays, turns day into night and requires sellers to own a Tardis, but impossible is still impossible however you or ebay  shuffle the days of the week to try to make it look like it works properly.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

@wyntersemporium wrote:

I got one last week. Second class paid late at 11.55pm on a Friday. Delivery date was the Monday . Maybe Tuesday / Wednesday nit Monday 

I got a really crazy one today/yesterday.

Dropped off an item at an Evri/InPost locker today (March 3rd).

According to the eBay delivery estimate, it should be delivered to my buyer tomorrow (March 4th)?!

Evri won't pick the item up until at the earliest March 4th so how the hell is it going to arrive same day to someone? eBay have clearly messed up again - I wouldn't be at all surprised if the item actually was delivered on Thursday (March 7th), if that...

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I had one last week that had "arriving today" on the same day the order was placed. No idea how I'm expected to do that.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

The EDDs are almost always on or before dispatch day for me.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

I don't think anyone else does either, least of all ebay.  Even when asked directly there hasn't been any advice or recommendations about which delivery companies or services to use that can meet ebays FDDs.

All last year ebay was telling my buyers that RM 2nd class would arrive next day.  I can't wait to see what they'll be told now that ebays targets seem to be even sillier than they were before.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

@theelench wrote:

I don't think anyone else does either, least of all ebay.  Even when asked directly there hasn't been any advice or recommendations about which delivery companies or services to use that can meet ebays FDDs.

All last year ebay was telling my buyers that RM 2nd class would arrive next day.  I can't wait to see what they'll be told now that ebays targets seem to be even sillier than they were before.

2nd Class cannot be considered a next-day service under any stretch of imagination - especially when even Royal Mail Tracked 48 sometimes doen't make it to the recipient within 48 hours. (The clue is in the title, Royal Mail Tracked 48...)

I have one currently where I need to dispatch by March 8th. Latest EDD is March 13th. It might just about make that date.

I previously had one where the earliest delivery date was before the dispatch date. Totally impossible.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent