EBay uk final value fee promotion no longer receiving

Hi, I need some help. I used to get the final value fee promotions such as 80% off or 70% off but since around March 2023 this has completely stopped for me and also for my friend. I have made a new account too and still zero offers. I have called eBay and they said it's random and cannot help. Please can someone who has had the same issue and managed to solve it please assist. Thank you all

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Hi starboysneak,

These discounts/promotions are not guaranteed to be on seller's account, so I can confirm that there is no glitch in regard to final value fee promotions at this time. Just keep an eye out on your eBay messages, as we will notify you there every time we send out this promotion.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

This is not random and ebay should cease giving hope to all those excluded from offers since February. It is not coincidence that many sellers have been cut off from offers whereas others receive offers every fortnight without fail. Random is a lottery and if some sellers were winning evey fortnight wouldnt someone think something was wrong? Changes were made in February and as a result many accounts no longer get promos end of. The message should be 'In February we reduced the number of accounts receiving our promos therefore if you no longer receive promos that will never change so conduct your account accordingly'.

Thanks starboy for also confirming opening a new accont does not kick start any offers, saves others the hoops for nothing.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

I think of it as if you use the offer expect to be given low priority in the search. I put the price up and list without the offer and you certainly get interest for longer (IMO). It's like paying for promotions really. I might even go as far as to say listing without offers throughout the week seems to boost the visibility of all your listing.

I first noticed this last January when nobody got offers for a month. I relisted 'sell similar' at higher prices to cover off the fees and did really well.

I have ended items recently that have had no interest over a long period of time, read on here that ended items have limited time before being deleted, so I put the price up on some, listed without offers and the views were much better, as was the sales.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks, Marco.  I've not had these offers for several years - my parents get them every fortnight.  This is not random, this is inexplicable and you simply saying 'keep a look out', when I've not seen one for years is not helpful.  Perhaps you could confirm the last time my account was sent a promotion like this, and then ask your IT team to explain an algorithm that would, fairly, generate my outcome (none for 5+ years) and my parents (one pretty much every fortnight).  Do I need to raise an FOI?

Thanks

James

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Agreed.

The promotions are intentionally not given to some accounts that used to receive them.

I haven't received a single offer since Jan 2023 🙂  - it's 100% intentional blacklisting.

The support team are instructed to tell people that it is random and that you will get some soon because  the promos are being sent to 'new joiners of ebay' to help grow the platform and share; if only that were true and it would be perfectly fine.  I just doesn't explain how everyone else I know has been receiving the same discount every 2 weeks to this day. (not random).

One can only hope eBay stops blacklisting in this fashion and genuinely makes it fair and random as they suggest.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

I have just experienced this too. I used to get the 80% off FVF offer regularly last year until September. Since then nothing. And your theory seems legit. When using the offer, I would get low views.

I just listed a few items 3 days ago and already had a lot of views. 

It's kinda weird tbh 

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

We are in an exclusive club, no offers for 12 months! Happy Birthday 🎂

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Yep. 1 year and counting and still blacklisted 😅

👏🏻 

Guess I'll just have to burn in the value of extortionate additional fees in the sale price if I can.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Many of my friends (they sell similar items as me) have received an offer for fees off until April 😅

Sounds fair for sure.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Bots have got it in for us! 😪

Photobucket
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Another reason given is promos flood the platform and affect buying. For this reason they have given many a 2 month free listing holiday...which will not of course flood the system. Not only that they have sent the offer through twice.....obviously the duplicate meant for the February Club. 'List for free until April 15th'....thanks a bunch....

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent