listing

is it possible to add a sentence regarding not posting to outlying areas that will appear on every item i list or do i have to type it in every time

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

listing

Is this because of the recent neg you received regarding extra postage costs to the Highlands ?

If you use Royal Mail you will not pay any extra sending to the highlands and Islands, or Channel Isles.

Not advisable to write a sentence as you're suggesting,  as it can be totally missed.

You can place various places in the UK  as areas you do not post to by selecting this in your Site Preferences here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/prf

However,  as said if you use Royal Mail there's no extra postage charge as there would be sending an item to London.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

listing

As tressygirl says, it will probably be missed and her advice is the best thing to do.

But you can go into bulk listing and add a sentence to all your listings at once, if you choose to do that as well.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

listing

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Buyers are unlikely to read delivery information in the item description. So while it may give you peace of mind to add a sentence there, it won't resolve the issue.

If you cannot or will not use Royal Mail at all, then you will be using Evri/Yodel etc. who apply a surcharge for Islands and Highlands, NI etc. so I would edit seller preferences to exclude those locations. However, you can't be sure that there is 100% match up between eBay's definition of those location and that of the courier, so I suppose you would have to cancel any sales that do come through for a surcharged address.

So a pragmatic option is to use your preferred courier when you can, then use Royal Mail for any areas that would be surcharged by your courier. On small/medium parcels the price difference between Royal Mail Tracked 48 and Evri/Yodel standard service is typically less than £1, so to keep buyers happy and avoid hassle I would just use RM where required.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: