Combined postage -claims of items missing

Hi. Is this a new scam by buyers. I have always combined postage and adjusted invoices but i have 3, over the last few months, claim that not all items were in the package? Ive had another today. Im treble checking and i know that both the items went in this packet and also sealed tight so that nothing can escape but buyer is claiming one is missing. I suspected something was going to happen as she claimed sudden hospital admission, could read emails and send ebay message but unable to access her ebay payment and kept messging to assure i was still willing to post them out and combine postage etc when she was discharged, it all felt it was becominga bit of a saga...i just had a feeling, you know? How can I stop these refund requests on items that have been delivered?  I assume not allowing combined packages any more?. But that would also impact sales.. But what are Ebay able to do to prevent this happening, if anything? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nothing ebay can do to stop it, if you sent it signed for then check the weight on the receipt to see if it's correct. Stopping combined postage would hurt you as you would get feedback about paying postage twice

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Nothing ebay can do to stop it, if you sent it signed for then check the weight on the receipt to see if it's correct. Stopping combined postage would hurt you as you would get feedback about paying postage twice

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

One thing I do if the buyer is new to me or if they seem a bit dodgy, is to take a picture of the items as I pack them.

If you have concerns about the buyer, email them to say you are posting their items and have included a picture so they can see all of the items have been packed.

If the buyer claims they have not received everything, you can at least say 'Are you sure?  Please check all of the packaging again and here is a picture I took as I packed showing all of the items you bought in the bubblewrap.'

There is not anything Ebay can do to stop dishonest buyers.

Check the feedback they leave for others and trust your gut.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

If you're certain any of these buyers have abused the money back guarantee have you reported them to ebay? If it helps to build a history of abusing the MBG ebay can take action such as restricting acess to MBG.

It doesn't help you now but may help other sellers down the line.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent