Royal Mail Business Collection Scans - Help needed

f you have a business collection for Royal Mail Tracked, it's likely that the tracking will only appear when the packet is scanned at the regional hub. If the packet goes missing between collection, your local depot and the hub, Royal Mail will tell your customer that you have not sent the item.

Personal customers can book a postman to collect and the packet is scanned on collection.

I have raised this as a complaint and also raised it on click and drop suggestions website.

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

This issue is still live and kicking - it affects all business sellers on eBay using RM Tracked 24/48 and their customers.

We handed over 47 tracked 48 packets to Royal Mail with manifest at 4.45pm on Tuesday 2/4

Yesterday (Thursday) am most were still showing
"We're expecting it The sender has advised they have despatched your item to Royal Mail."

Customer concerns:

4/2 Hi, -"can you tell me if this has dispatched please? I noticed it has a tracking number but hasn’t moved. Thanks"

4/2 "Hi just wondering if you have any idea when it might arrive, tracking hasn't updated for me yet. Thanks!"

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I take parcels to a Post Office where they scan them. Tracked 48, shows as being received by them.  I realise it may not be possible if you are sending a ton of stuff at once, perhaps try taking to Royal Mail delivery office?  I do not trust anyone to come and collect my mail

That said , I have seen people taking tons of packets to post office and each scanned one by one.  Depends on the size of the packages I guess.  A bit more work for you, but at least you'll be certain they get scanned.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

It doesn't affect all business sellers. This is the fault of the person who collects the item. 

They are supposed to scan it on collection so it's on the system and some postmen don't. 

I had this happen before and every time I was left worrying that if it goes missing before it gets to the hub, it's a lot of money to refund and lose out on. In the end I put a complaint in, they investigated and reassured me it would not happen again. It seems the guy stopped working for them and the person who replaced them always scans the parcel's at the door. 

So put a complaint in and they may resolve the issue. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@btr.style wrote:

It doesn't affect all business sellers. This is the fault of the person who collects the item. 

They are supposed to scan it on collection so it's on the system and some postmen don't. 

I put in a complaint to Royal Mail and (without quoting them  directly) they have come back along the lines of  tracking information is not updated upon collection and tracking will only change at the mail centre after processing.

What's coming up on your tracking after collection pls?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent