Packlink price for evri today increased nearly double

Went to print a label through packlink earlier and evri had increased from £2.87 to £4.45 overnight and no longer had inpost locker option so had to use yodel.  Think it must be a glitch as there has been no notification. However, on the evri website the price is £2.99.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

I'm have been having the same issues. Tried to contact Evri to see if issue but no chance of getting a reply!!!

Message 21 of 56
See Most Recent

I actually did manage to get to speak to Customer Services at Evri as my local parcel shop gave me a number to call.

The person I spoke to at Evri Customer Services said there was obviously a problem with the software and to get Packlink to call their Client Support Team and they would try to figure it out. Packlink didn’t respond when I passed this on to them.

Meanwhile eBay say they found the problem and have fixed it for me, which obviously isn’t true either!!
Message 22 of 56
See Most Recent

I saw this. Yesterday it was just under £3 now it's over £4. I thought it was a glitch as it doesn't make sense. No way I'm sending my parcels with Evri at that price 

Message 23 of 56
See Most Recent

I'm sending a parcel 20 miles away and it's saying it's over £4. I'm in Sunderland 

Message 24 of 56
See Most Recent

There was a recent 30% discount promotion on DPD, Yodel or Evri drop off services which has just ended,this may explain the difference you are seeing.

Message 25 of 56
See Most Recent

No, it was £2.10 with the discount and something like £2.94 without the discount. 

Message 26 of 56
See Most Recent

Yes, nothing to do with promotions ending as it's been a problem for me since September. This is the disparity I'm currently getting. No way I can afford to send Evri at that price, even though buyer has requested it.

5321E1D6-2C74-4D4F-AC90-B9FD41323E66.jpeg

Message 27 of 56
See Most Recent

Postage last week with Evri was £2.21 and today, exactly same size package, is £2.99.

Message 28 of 56
See Most Recent

@beagle6a 

That's because 2.99 is the normal price - there was a reduced price (2.21) for a limited time.

Message 29 of 56
See Most Recent

I had the same issue sold 3 movies for £5 ± £2.94 delivery went to pay on packlink evri and it came up with £5.46 there must be a issue so ended up doing delivery on royal mail at £3.30 

Message 30 of 56
See Most Recent

@sadle94 wrote:

I had the same issue sold 3 movies for £5 ± £2.94 delivery went to pay on packlink evri and it came up with £5.46 there must be a issue so ended up doing delivery on royal mail at £3.30 

£5.46 is an evri/packlink remote area price.

Screenshot_2024-01-02-16-28-39-653.jpeg

Did you send them to anywhere on this evri remote area postcode list?

https://www.evri.com/location-charge-postcodes 

Message 31 of 56
See Most Recent

Yeah mate it was northern Ireland so must of been that it came up as at £5.46 for me to pay so I posted through royal mail at £3.30 but I was going through my listings I've had a few suddenly change to evri 15kg when I chose evri 0-1kg which is £2.94 and 3-4 older listings had no delivery charge 

Message 32 of 56
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

Did you send them to anywhere on this evri remote area postcode list?

https://www.evri.com/location-charge-postcodes 

Unfortunately ebay don't have the same postcodes on their list - even if you are buying an Evri label via ebay.

I sold an item to an AB54 postcode. I have a postage rate table set to add £3 to remote areas, and have all the area boxes ticked.
Ebay just charged standard rate and said that as AB54 is not in Highlands and Islands the remote charge wasn't added. Fortunately I have postage set to 'other courier', so I just switched to RM.
I did question it, but when I eventually got an answer (on Christmas Day!), it was just a lot of gobblydegook which basically meant the usual current ebay response - there is no problem, everything is working as it should.

So just be aware if you think you are covered with the rate table - you may not be.

Message 33 of 56
See Most Recent

Interesting to see other people are having issues too.

I share your frustration!

I still believe there is a software glitch though as I am not sending to a remote location.  It is every single sale for me that comes up as a £5.46 EVRI cost, regardless of where it is being sent.  In my case I think I the software is wrongly deciding my home postcode is in a remote location.  For the avoidance of doubt I do not live in a location that EVRI classes as a remote zone, although my postcode is quite similar to some of the areas that are.  That's where I think the problem is, although how to get someone to listen or get it fixed is proving impossible.  eBay keep saying they will fix it, but don't.

Meanwhile I am using Royal Mail (more expensive) and Yodel (reliable, but local drop off is not that close).  This has been ongoing for nearly 5 months now!

Message 34 of 56
See Most Recent

I don't use evri anymore but I'd be interested to know how long evri has had Truro and Portsmouth on their remote area list.

Message 35 of 56
See Most Recent

I was sending to northern Ireland so that was on the list ended using royal mail at £3.30 wasn't gonna pay £5.46 through packlink evri I've now ticked all the remote areas 

Message 36 of 56
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

I don't use evri anymore but I'd be interested to know how long evri has had Truro and Portsmouth on their remote area list.

That would be postcodes for the Isles of Scilly and Isle of Wight - both have been on for as long as I can remember.

Message 37 of 56
See Most Recent

This doubling of Evri prices is happening more and more often

Message 38 of 56
See Most Recent

won't use packlink anymore plus maybe not selling on eBay 

Message 39 of 56
See Most Recent

Yes I had this problem today too. Very odd.

Message 40 of 56
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: