paypal

From looking at some posts regarding eBay changing its Paypal policy, I think it's long overdue because, about thirteen years ago, they got into stuff over that when a court in Australia ruled that eBay can't dictate that buyers use Paypal. As for these members whingeing about Paypal no longer being an option, well, they should wake up and smell the proverbial coffee. 17-18 years ago, I closed a Paypal account I'd set up, only to discover that it WASN'T closed because someone in San Bernadino used my details to buy an iPod, so how is Paypal safe? It isn't.

Secondly, Paypal is about as easy as getting off a plane and going through to baggage reclaim. I don't know HOW many times I've tried to transfer funds from a paypal account to my bank account but couldn't because of 'insufficient funds in the balance'. eBay should have changed their Paypal policy YEARS ago, doing what Amazon do...allowing any refunds to be paid DIRECTLY to your bank. However, I'm also glad they're keeping personal cheque as another method of payment.

For the brief time I was a seller, I HAD to include Paypal as payment option. I'd much preferred payment by cheque, even collection in person (provided they lived in the North West) but no; eBay weren't having it and neither were the clowns who insisted on using Paypal. So, to those eBayers who are banging on about Paypal no longer being available...STOP your whingeing; you're better off without it!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

paypal

Things have changed greatly now,  eBay have divorced Paypal as the receiver of monies from sellers' sales, eBay Manage Payments now.

This means a buyer can use any payment method available to them at checkout, and be it credit , debit card, Google Pay or PayPal,  a seller will never know which was chosen,  as all the  money just goes to eBay, who then transfer it to the seller's nominated bank account.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

paypal

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I still use PayPal (not to receive eBay payments, obviously) and have been for over 20 years and have no complaints at all.

If your PayPal account was accessed by a third party then somewhere along the line a device you were using was compromised, so that's a user end issue, not PayPal's fault. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

paypal

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

eBayers who are banging on about Paypal no longer being available...

PayPal is still available.

Buyers can still pay by PayPal. Buyers now pay eBay, not the seller, so sellers don't have any say in how the buyer pays.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

paypal

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

" It isn't - it's about as safe as a load of babies in a hospital nursery with Lucy Letby in charge."

Parents are still grieving and you need to think carefully before posting.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

paypal

It's a horrible analogy amidst the ranting. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent