Received empty box. So, I refused to accept the parcel.

Hi All,

Ordered a MacBookPro. but, Received a empty box. So, I refused to accept the parcel at the door.  Roya Mail person said it will be returned to the seller directly. And Royal Mail Tracking History says "REFUSED - TO BE RETURNED TO SENDER".

What should I do now to get the refund? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your support and advice.

I have raised the dispute through the PayPal on 28 September. They asked me the proof of any legal complaint I raised regarding this empty box. So, I have reported the action fraud online complaint and submitted the report copy to PayPal.

They closed the case in favour to me and I have got my full refund on 27 October.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

You should have accepted, then opened a NOT AS DESCRIBED case.

Now all you can do is open a not received case, but that might fail as attempted delivery is considered delivered. You might have to argue your case with eBay.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks for your advise. I thought it is difficult to prove recived an empty box, if I accept the post. Is my understanding wrong?  

Now, atleast have a RoyalMail proof that it is an empty box. 

How can I prove I have received an empty box once I received the parcel?

Am I missing something here?

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I am afraid you may have wrecked your chances of getting a refund using the money back guarantee (MBG).   You don't have royal mail proof it was an empty box, just proof you refused delivery.  That means the seller is protected against an item not received case. 

You can't now open an item not as described case as you have to return what you got before you got a refund.  In your case that would mean returning the empty box.

You need to read the exceptions to the MBG. 

I am not sure whether your funding source will help.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks for your advise papso22.

But, Sorry,  I didn't get the point, If I received the parcel,  how I can prove that I have received the empty box? 

Seller can claim that I am lying. Right?

Royal Mail person written Empty Box on the top of the parcel as the reason for refual.He  asked me to take the picture of that.

Any advise /suggetions help. Thanks

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

You don't have to prove you received an empty box,  the MBG is massively weighted in favour of buyers, but you have to use it properly.

However, having the empty box as evidence would have been useful, now all you have is a photo.   You have made it very much harder for yourself.

I don't have any advice because you have removed yourself from the protection given by the ebay money back guarantee.  

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your support and advice.

I have raised the dispute through the PayPal on 28 September. They asked me the proof of any legal complaint I raised regarding this empty box. So, I have reported the action fraud online complaint and submitted the report copy to PayPal.

They closed the case in favour to me and I have got my full refund on 27 October.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent