Delivery issue

Can anyone advise please - I sold an item and posted with Royal Mail. I sent it signed for and have proof of postage (this was 2 weeks ago) the item still hasn't been delivered and the buyer has requested a refund. (Expected) my concern is the fact my insurance from the Royal Mail doesn't cover the posted cost just the item cost. What do I do? I have proved I have sent the item. I have also proven I've been in contact with the Royal Mail - its literally just one of them unfortunate situations. This has never happened to me before and I sell here and on other apps . 
regards 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Delivery issue

Unless you have proof of delivery, if the buyer has opened a case through Ebay, you should refund them.

Your claim against Royal Mail will cover the cost of the item (as long as the cover was sufficient - Signed For only covers up to £20 - and the item was one covered by the service you used) and the postage cost you paid.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Delivery issue

Buyer has to open a not  received case and you refund in full.

Using second class post if you claim, RM will only pay out a maximum of £20, it is up to you to use the  correct method of postage, that is signed  for, if over £20.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent