Cancelled order

Hi,

I purchased an item this morning, paid the listed price and delivery charge immediately. A while later I got an email asking for an extra £5 to be sent via friends and family PayPal. I explained that this was against eBay terms and as such I would not be paying this extra charge. They again try to pursuade me to pay the extra £5. I replied telling them that I was uncomfortable with the situation (offered my 10% off my next order), and would not be paying the extra money and suggested they they cancel the order. They reply telling me that they cannot do that as the item had been dispatched. I advise them that they should have mentioned the additional charge before they set up dispatch for the item and again I would not be paying the money. This time they threaten to report it to eBay as it's an unpaid shipping charge and also to leave me a bad review. I essentially told them to do what they wanted in either instance, and pointed out that the bad review plan was a two way street and they already had one bad review for pushing for extra money for delivery (only notced it this morning - my mistake for not checking properly). At this point they decide to cancel the order as "requested by customer". Is this going to have any negative impact on me? I ask as they only reason that it had to be cancelled was the request for additional payment outside of eBay.

For the record, I would have given a very different response had they said that they had underseatimated the delivery cost, needed to cancel the oder and relist it at the new amount.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancelled order

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Your seller is very misguided - they can't report you for anything and can't leave negative or neutral feedback.

Sellers can't ask for more postage than they put on their listing.

If they've sent to the item and also cancelled the order then you'll receive a full refund and, presumably, the item. Has it really been dispatched, is there a tracking number?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Cancelled order

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Your seller is very misguided - they can't report you for anything and can't leave negative or neutral feedback.

Sellers can't ask for more postage than they put on their listing.

If they've sent to the item and also cancelled the order then you'll receive a full refund and, presumably, the item. Has it really been dispatched, is there a tracking number?

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Cancelled order

It will have no affect on your account.   eBay's policy says they "understand that there may be times when orders need to be cancelled and buyers can request a cancellation".    Well done for sticking to your guns.  

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Cancelled order

It was set up with Yodel, so I can only assume that it was still waiting collection from them at the point they cancelled the order. Hopefully, they cancelled that collection at the same time.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Cancelled order

Thank you, that is a relief. I'vebeen using eBay for around 7 years and this is the first issue I have had.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Cancelled order

@frfra1768_dvoaqitl wrote:

It was set up with Yodel, so I can only assume that it was still waiting collection from them at the point they cancelled the order. Hopefully, they cancelled that collection at the same time.

Sounds like they have, I can't imagine them sending it out and refunding. However, if they did the onus would be on them to pay for and arrange for the return if they wanted it back.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent