COMPLAINT

Hello everyone! 

I sent a written complaint to e-Bay about a refund they agreed but didn't process.  

I have received a written response. 

I have tried emailing my dissatisfaction with the response 6 times now, and on the last 2 occasions received an automatic email that advises they can't accept incoming mail from the original email address they sent the response from.  They did the first time however which is strange. 

I find it so odd when you've complained that they literally do nothing to see if you are satisfied with the reply or give you  details of how to contact that person directly or respond to their email.  

Have to say I find e-Bay absolutely useless on policies and contact unless you want to spend half your life on the phone to them where they don't actually ever deal with what you've asked. 

Does anyone have an email address for them? I've no interest whatsoever of going through live chat and phone calls are a waste of time now I escalated my complaint to a formal complaint in writing to their Customer Relations Dept in Ireland. 

Thanks everyone! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

EBay does not have an e-mail address that is readily available and to which they reply!  Even getting onto Dublin may not help much!   Their staff are reputed to be in the Philippines and may not understand the full nuances of what you are asking!

The difficulty is that although they "said" they would process a refund in realistic terms that is not the way that this is done.  If a refund is made [see below] it goes back - through Paypal - to the orginal funding source [Paypal account, Credit Card or Debit Card]

We don't know why you wanted a refund but every reason - at least that I can think of - is covered by you taking action in the resolution centre [link below].   You do not need to contact a buyer, seller or speak to anyone at eBay. It wastes time and raises tempers!

Buyer not paid - open "non payer case" and escalate after 4 days

Item not received - open "non reciept case" and escalate after 8 full days

Faulty, damaged or fake item - open "not as described case". Seller will send label to return and refund when done - if not escalate after 8 days. 

Anything else please give us a bit more detail.   @jameslawr 

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Complaint about what?

If you're complaining about poor customer service, join the club. You did well even to get a written reply from eBay - whatever it said, which you haven't told us.

If you're complaining that you didn't receive a promised refund, we can't help you unless you give us more information. If you were given a verbal promise by customer support this means nothing. EBay often seems to tell people what they want to hear, but then does the opposite. I think that the call centre staff who answer the phones and the people who actually make the decisions are very different.

How did ebay agree a refund? You don't give any information except that it appears that you have turned a simple process into a nightmare. Getting refunds does not involve cotacting ebay, the only way is to open a case and if the seller does not deal with it you escalate to ebay who deal with it .

@jameslawr 

eBay do not communicate by email other than in initrial replies to emails from them

You did not need to write to Dublin.....you could simply have sewntb a letter to the address in London found in the eBay UK usrer agreement

User Agreement

The process of getting a refund is automated and usually straight forward if you follow the instructions carefully.

Did you complete a case in the Resolution Centre?

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

That is usually sufficient to force a refund.

There is usually no need to email eBay.

If you give details of what happened we may be able to advise you on what to do now.

Ask a question