Account restricted

I hope someone can help me please. My account has been restricted because my order cancellation rate is 2.35%. I had to cancel orders because I sold the stock on other faster seller platforms, so I understand that.

But now I cannot change the price or stock level of existing listings. This situation is going to get worse if I cannot change my existing listings because I cannot drive my sales or alter my stock if i sell elsewhere. Am I missing something? Does a restriction mean you cannot change anything on your existing listings? This seems self-defeating. I will end up just coming off Ebay?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Account restricted

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

eBay dish out many different kinds of restrictions.

As you've discovered, defects for out of stock cancellations are extremely damaging and often result in account loss (in all fairness to eBay I fully get this because these cancellations create a poor buying experience, something every online platform seeks to avoid). 

If yours in one whereby you can't revise your current listings, all you can do is to end them, correct them and relist (if your restriction allows you to continue to list items).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Account restricted

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

eBay dish out many different kinds of restrictions.

As you've discovered, defects for out of stock cancellations are extremely damaging and often result in account loss (in all fairness to eBay I fully get this because these cancellations create a poor buying experience, something every online platform seeks to avoid). 

If yours in one whereby you can't revise your current listings, all you can do is to end them, correct them and relist (if your restriction allows you to continue to list items).

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

The real problem is thst when selling on ebay you should not be selling tge same items elsewhere, as that is what has caused you to have to cancel sales as you could not complete them as out of stock.

That then means you pay selling fees, without a sales, get defects, and once above 2%you end up penalised, and it then gets very difficult to get back to below 2%.

As far as making changes to stock etc., I am afraid  I do not know if this is part of the restriction, or just another glitch.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I had to cancel orders because I sold the stock on other faster seller platforms

Then I'm afraid you have brought this upon yourself. eBay doesn't allow items to be offered for sale elsewhere whilst they are for sale on eBay. Out of stock cancellations mean an account defect and a fee penalty for each one.

If you're running a business online you owe it to yourself to learn the t&c of the platform you use.

As you've discovered, the very fact of having your account restricted can makes it hard to put things right. At least your restriction isn't permanent, or your existing listings would have been closed.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"I cannot drive my sales or alter my stock if i sell elsewhere. Am I missing something? "

Yes you are - eBay rules that unless you have enough to fulfill all orders you cannot list on eBay and elsewhere. 

Meaning that eBay don't care if you list on other platforms as long as you completely fulfill eBay orders.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

ok thank you, lesson learned the hard way. 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

ok thank you. I agree, feels impossible to get the rate below 2% once above if a seller cannot amend their listings, so it maybe the end of Ebay for me, thanks for the response,

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

Thanks, slightly unempathetic but I get the message. Not everyone reads all t's and c's, especially when it is on the slower selling channels which I am trying to grow. Whilst I understand the sentiment, it seems slightly self-defeating. Anyway thanks,

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Account restricted

ok thanks, yes was not aware it was that strict. 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent