cake filling rescue....help!!!

now, I made a cake came to fill it and I don't' have any icing sugar, sooooo

I put N*tell* in a bowl with some butter and a drop of milk...uh oh, shouldn't have put the milk in, as it's split a bit. So I put in some cocoa powder but it's still looking split and a bit oily....

what can I add to take the wet look off it? and maybe stop it looking split.

I fankyou x

Photobucket

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

do you have caster sugar and a blender grind your own icing sugar.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

would more cocoa  help?

i would just have used  the nutella  btw, adding the butter has made it very fatty

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

or custard powder

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

might some melted chocolate help to bind it together as it sets? or some melted mars bar?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

yeah, I realised that as I put in the butter and mixed it up....doh!!! what a twit am I.

Of course!!!! I have a blender...off to play and make icing sugar!

I love you guyskissy smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

CB ive been making my own chocolates and a couple of the recipes have split but keep beating with the whisk and it will eventually turn creamy...........mmm my chocolates are lushi want

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

What is wrong with jam.  Hows about lemon curd - from Delia Smiths lemon drizzle cake or something - never made the cake but the curd is lovely.  must find the recipe - Sproglet might likt it on toast.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

it's a tray bake, a chocolate one, so it was having a chock topping.

I've put it on the top now and once it's decorated no one will notice, also it may be a bit oily but the cake doesn't have a middle filling so it won't be too greasy.

looks good, I doubt it will last out the day with the gannets I work with!

just hope birthday girl likes it.

Photobucket

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

well, that cake got snorted and everyone seemed to like it....honestly, I've never seen cake disappear so quickly!!!!!!

it looked OK actually as it had dried out a bit and looked quite nice!!

Photobucket

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Well years ago when kids had freedom I got sent over the station to meet my cousin off her train.  When I left Mum was making a victoria sandwich.  When we got back tea was served up followed by a crunchy sponge and custard.  Somebody had forgotten the sugar so cake had been broken up drenched in sugar and baked in the oven. Cousin and I still laugh about it.  Mainly because it tasted so good. LOL

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Snorting cake CB thats different.
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

I tell you Ed one sniff of a cake and all these "friends" come out of the woodwork!!!

I only give to our dept though, why should all these people who hardly say hello to you suddenly join the queue????

Photobucket

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent