Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

if you are thinking of helping santa

firstly i appologise to anyone who works for mr t's i have just been very good and have started helping Father Christmas wrap his presents as i know he is getting very very busy...BIT of advice to people who are also helping Father Christmas.if you g...

angel-hearts-clipart.gif

Resolved! DVD region 1/region 2 - how do I know??

I bought a stack of DVD's for 9d but whilst in a charity shop I saw a notice saying that some of them were for Region 1 which would only be suitable for the USA. A lot of them areTerminator - type carp films. I've looked all over the front and back o...

November mdcc - bit of a quandary.

Being it is the last one before Christmas I am not sure what to list. Should it be christmasy or prezzies or a mixture. I think everyone will have got their cards by then. I don't do sewing or knitting.Any body got any ideas or wants. You know what I...

e-cigs

thought I would throw this out there on a dreary monday morning for a bit of a debate I used to smoke until, I started using these, at the moment I buy fruit flavoured very low nictotine,use It perhaps two or three times a day. I know there are big p...

cake filling rescue....help!!!

now, I made a cake came to fill it and I don't' have any icing sugar, soooooI put N*tell* in a bowl with some butter and a drop of milk...uh oh, shouldn't have put the milk in, as it's split a bit. So I put in some cocoa powder but it's still looking...

OK own up ...........who done it ???

Come on cos I know its one of you lot Stand in line and will the guilty one please take two steps forward whoever you are thankyou , thankyou, thankyou He arrived today along with a little treat that he saved just for me, he says he wasn't tempted on...

Old-fashioned cooking ingredients

I used gravy browning in my cottage pie and it's come out as black as Newgate's knocker. Earlier I saw a young bloke buying Atora suet! Anyone use these granny-style ingredients still? Allspice? Nutmeg?

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Absolutely Pig Sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scenario, took the dog to the vet on Thursday. Parked the car and went in, dog seen and just as I came out the door a woman in a BMW X5 reversed into the side of my car denting the rear passenger door badly enough to need quite a costly repair.Now my...

Fireworks time again

Thank you to the idiots who let fireworks off very close to my house last night for about 3 hours! Both my dogs were terrified, one wee'd on the carpet she was so scared and the other is epileptic! I suppose we will be the same as last year and have ...

Online advent calendar from way back....

Long tinm ago someone posted a link on FHG to an online advent calendar. it was of scandinavian origin and looked like a map. Each day there was another part of a folk story that involved some gnomes,winter sprites, a couple of children and a polar b...

User avatar by Engager
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

poppies

I went into town today, admittedly a very small town, but I couldn't find a single poppy seller despite searching for one. Our local T...o had a table of poppies with 2 sellers way back in the middle of October and I donated but didn't take a poppy a...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi (again)

Hi. Not been around for a while.Trying to sell my house in London, and move up to Scotland, to be near my daughter.I've got a buyer for my flat and I've found my perfect house. But the frustrating part is now getting everything to move quickly.I can'...

Not just in Flanders ...

In Flanders fields the poppies grow,Between the crosses, row on row.That mark our place, and in the sky,The larks, still bravely singing, fly,Scarce heard amid the guns below. We are the Dead, short time ago,We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow.Loved...

CB in a rescue mission!!

we were on our way to the village firework show tonight and all of a sudden a little Staffie shot past me, up and down the road she went, and I scooped her up to stop her. She was shaking like a jelly poor thing. OH went into the pub to see if they w...