💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 26.04.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Uploading of tracking is still broken.

Fullscreen capture 26042023 140124.bmp.jpg

I've asked  about this periodically since last October but its not been fixed. Don't you think its a fundamentally important part of the site, that we can upload tracking and mark items as dispatched?

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

Uploading of tracking is still broken.

Fullscreen capture 26042023 140124.bmp.jpg

I've asked  about this periodically since last October but its not been fixed. Don't you think its a fundamentally important part of the site, that we can upload tracking and mark items as dispatched?

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

There is an intermittent issue with marking as dispatched that is being worked on by the tech team. There can be latency issues with the system updating for this part but it is still being worked on.

With regards to uploading tracking and the screen shot you have shared. Can you share the URL for the page your are accessing to do this?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

On our selling id, which runs auctions,  we've seen an increase in scammers, non payers and general timewasters this year. When we investigate these, we invariably find that the bidder is already on our blocked list under one or more different id's.  So they've just used a different account to bid.

This costs everyone time and money, us when we fail to spot one and get scammed, and eBay because they lose fees, and we invariably have to move the item to a different platform once its been targetted.

Obviously I would prefer it if eBay policed the site better and dealt with these users, but thats a forlorn hope. What could be done, is if a user was on a sellers blocked list, then all the users linked accounts should also be automatically prevented from buying. That is something which could be implemented fairly easily, I'd have thought.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

kat@ebay wrote:

With regards to uploading tracking and the screen shot you have shared. Can you share the URL for the page your are accessing to do this?

Thank you,

Kat

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/tr/update

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

I had an auction end on Friday evening and the winning bidder paid on Saturday afternoon just after 2pm. I have my dispatch time set at 1 working day. The buyer selected eBay delivery - Evri, yodel & DPD (2-3 days) at checkout.

Why was the estimated delivery date to the buyer showing as Monday-Tuesday? That was impossible for me to achieve without upgrading to express 1 day delivery at which I shouldn't need to do and the buyer didn't ask for it. Please can you help me to understand why this is happening? It isn't all sales, often the EDD is pessimistic but this one had me scratching my head. I wondered if the auction ending Friday glitched the algorithm or if my mistake was paying for the postage label on eBay later on the Saturday rather than waiting until Monday when the next courier collection was. I am not trying to be clever here, I just don't understand how this can happen. It puts my seller performance at risk if I get a late strike and gives a buyer unrealistic expectations. 

If I get a late delivery strike on my seller performance will I be able to appeal it?

The item number was 314523891790. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi Team,

I'm sorry to bring this up again here, but we have no other avenue of discussing or even raising these issues with the shipping team.

After receiving yet another complaint today I'd like to mention 3 issues...

This week we were reminded and encouraged to set accurate dispatch times and delivery service information to allow the EDD system to correctly manage buyer expectations regarding delivery dates.
We are already doing this, but we are being completely underemined by the EDD system itself as it continually produces delivery dates that are very often unachievable with the selected delivery service.
We are advised that we won't receive a defect in cases where delivery occurs after the EDD but within the carriers own delivery terms. That's nice, but with eBay front line support telling our buyers to send the item back 'not as described', we still have to pay for return and/or refund despite delivering within our carriers stated service terms. This happens far too often due to unrealistic EDD's and fake delivery guarantees, as per issues 2 & 3.

We know that same day dispatch order cut-off times are completely ignored by the EDD system, for this reason:
Orders arriving 1 minute before the set cut-off time are due for dispatch today and orders received for the rest of the day are due for dispatch on the next day; however, regardless of the cut-off time, ALL orders received since 00.01am on that day receive the same EDD.
This means that all buyers placing orders after the cut-off time are given dates as though their order was being shipped on the same-day, effectively giving the carrier 1 day less to deliver those orders for no apparent reason.
Surely this at least, if not any of the other reported issues, must be considered a bug in the EDD system that requires correction?

When eBay state in search results that a buyer will 'GET IT BETWEEN' certain dates, using a delivery service that does not guarantee those dates and doesn't always meeet them, that is clearly misleading buyers into believing it is a delivery promise. Many disappointed buyer and harangued seller situations could be avoided if it said 'ESTIMATED BETWEEN', which would better manage buyer expectations, exactly what the EDD Q&A we received this week was trying to encourage.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Will we ever get a resolution on the below? This has been going on for months now and seems to be getting ignored now.

We are missing 722,758 items, with only 20368 showing on ebay.com

I feel that we are being completely ignored by dave@ebay - Please do not say that he has been offline recently because I can see that he actively responding to other questions and ignoring the below.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-Glitch-Vintage-amp-Antique-Jewellery-ebay-co-u...

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/New-Glitch-UK-shops-have-either-very-reduced-or-0-i...

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

@technthread wrote:

I had an auction end on Friday evening and the winning bidder paid on Saturday afternoon just after 2pm. I have my dispatch time set at 1 working day. The buyer selected eBay delivery - Evri, yodel & DPD (2-3 days) at checkout.

Why was the estimated delivery date to the buyer showing as Monday-Tuesday? That was impossible for me to achieve without upgrading to express 1 day delivery at which I shouldn't need to do and the buyer didn't ask for it. Please can you help me to understand why this is happening? It isn't all sales, often the EDD is pessimistic but this one had me scratching my head. I wondered if the auction ending Friday glitched the algorithm or if my mistake was paying for the postage label on eBay later on the Saturday rather than waiting until Monday when the next courier collection was. I am not trying to be clever here, I just don't understand how this can happen. It puts my seller performance at risk if I get a late strike and gives a buyer unrealistic expectations. 

If I get a late delivery strike on my seller performance will I be able to appeal it?

The item number was 314523891790. 

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for the details. I've taken a look there and the estimated delivery date was the 28th of April. The item arrived well in time of this (26th) so you won't have any issues in terms of defects.

The system was showing the buyer a dynamic delivery estimation based off the information the system had st the time, tracking, location, previous performance etc.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Good afternoon,

If we were to sell our products through the orangeconnex programme, would the visibility of the listings we sell through this be boosted? If not what are the key advantages of using orangeconnex?

Many Thanks.

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

On our selling id, which runs auctions,  we've seen an increase in scammers, non payers and general timewasters this year. When we investigate these, we invariably find that the bidder is already on our blocked list under one or more different id's.  So they've just used a different account to bid.

This costs everyone time and money, us when we fail to spot one and get scammed, and eBay because they lose fees, and we invariably have to move the item to a different platform once its been targetted.

Obviously I would prefer it if eBay policed the site better and dealt with these users, but thats a forlorn hope. What could be done, is if a user was on a sellers blocked list, then all the users linked accounts should also be automatically prevented from buying. That is something which could be implemented fairly easily, I'd have thought.

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

Users can be linked based on different information and sometimes there are genuine users in the same household are using the same computers.eBay do check out linked accounts however if users are setting up new accounts with completely different details they can be hard to detect so not all possible scammers can be detected all of the time.

Regards,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

@iceblue_uk wrote:

Hi Team,

I'm sorry to bring this up again here, but we have no other avenue of discussing or even raising these issues with the shipping team.

After receiving yet another complaint today I'd like to mention 3 issues...

This week we were reminded and encouraged to set accurate dispatch times and delivery service information to allow the EDD system to correctly manage buyer expectations regarding delivery dates.
We are already doing this, but we are being completely underemined by the EDD system itself as it continually produces delivery dates that are very often unachievable with the selected delivery service.
We are advised that we won't receive a defect in cases where delivery occurs after the EDD but within the carriers own delivery terms. That's nice, but with eBay front line support telling our buyers to send the item back 'not as described', we still have to pay for return and/or refund despite delivering within our carriers stated service terms. This happens far too often due to unrealistic EDD's and fake delivery guarantees, as per issues 2 & 3.

We know that same day dispatch order cut-off times are completely ignored by the EDD system, for this reason:
Orders arriving 1 minute before the set cut-off time are due for dispatch today and orders received for the rest of the day are due for dispatch on the next day; however, regardless of the cut-off time, ALL orders received since 00.01am on that day receive the same EDD.
This means that all buyers placing orders after the cut-off time are given dates as though their order was being shipped on the same-day, effectively giving the carrier 1 day less to deliver those orders for no apparent reason.
Surely this at least, if not any of the other reported issues, must be considered a bug in the EDD system that requires correction?

When eBay state in search results that a buyer will 'GET IT BETWEEN' certain dates, using a delivery service that does not guarantee those dates and doesn't always meeet them, that is clearly misleading buyers into believing it is a delivery promise. Many disappointed buyer and harangued seller situations could be avoided if it said 'ESTIMATED BETWEEN', which would better manage buyer expectations, exactly what the EDD Q&A we received this week was trying to encourage.

Hi @iceblue_uk,

Appreciate the examples and situations you've shared there.

I will send this onto the team today.

I know you are aware of dynamic EDD's and how they are working from speaking to us here so I won't go into detail here.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

kat@ebay wrote:

Thank you,

Kat

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

This appears to be an older format page. We would suggest to sign up to the seller hub by going to My eBay and selling. This is regularly maintained and upgraded and will allow you to upload tracking.

We cannot guarantee that older pages are maintained.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Print Invoices and More section has been changed again, without any warning.

Why has Ebay changed the layout of the print documents - invoice/packing slip?  I appreciate that they notified everyone over a year ago that things were changing and that change went into effect over a year ago and a lot of sellers, including myself had hundred and hundreds of double integrated labels which we use to print onto - these became unuseable.

I noticed a few days ago that this format has now been changed again and the buyers registered postal address has now been added to the invoice/packing slip and after purchasing new style labels/sheets which I could use since they changed over a year ago - again I am now left with hundreds of sheets which are unuseable again.

Also, is there really a need to the Registered address to be on there, along with the Post to address?  I do feel that this may cause some confusion for sellers as it could easily be sent to the Registered address rather than the Post to address.  Is there any way that we can select to turn off having the Registered address on the print outs?

Thank you

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

@pre_worn wrote:

Will we ever get a resolution on the below? This has been going on for months now and seems to be getting ignored now.

We are missing 722,758 items, with only 20368 showing on ebay.com

I feel that we are being completely ignored by dave@ebay - Please do not say that he has been offline recently because I can see that he actively responding to other questions and ignoring the below.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-Glitch-Vintage-amp-Antique-Jewellery-ebay-co-u...

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/New-Glitch-UK-shops-have-either-very-reduced-or-0-i...

Hi @pre_worn ,

He is currently offline yesterday and today but I will follow offline for the latest update on this.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

@mad4toolsltd wrote:

Good afternoon,

If we were to sell our products through the orangeconnex programme, would the visibility of the listings we sell through this be boosted? If not what are the key advantages of using orangeconnex?

Many Thanks.

Hi @mad4toolsltd,

Thank you for your question. There is no extra visibility in terms of a badge on the listings however the times, quality of service and efficiency would naturally help the search results for the item over time. 

The service allows smaller sellers to grow without needing the warehouse space to do so. It's a great option to look into if you are wanting to expand in quantity and provide a more efficient service. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply. 

I didn't see that EDD on my side so it is good to know that is there somewhere in the background to protect me. I don't see the benefit in showing me and buyer an estimate of Mon-Tues though, the system should realise that I can dispatch an item on a Saturday but it won't get collected until Monday 99% of the time. 

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

kat@ebay wrote:

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

kat@ebay wrote:

Thank you,

Kat

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

This appears to be an older format page. We would suggest to sign up to the seller hub by going to My eBay and selling. This is regularly maintained and upgraded and will allow you to upload tracking.

Thank you,

Kat

That is from the seller hub!!!  

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

@charmingdesignsdna wrote:

Print Invoices and More section has been changed again, without any warning.

Why has Ebay changed the layout of the print documents - invoice/packing slip?  I appreciate that they notified everyone over a year ago that things were changing and that change went into effect over a year ago and a lot of sellers, including myself had hundred and hundreds of double integrated labels which we use to print onto - these became unuseable.

I noticed a few days ago that this format has now been changed again and the buyers registered postal address has now been added to the invoice/packing slip and after purchasing new style labels/sheets which I could use since they changed over a year ago - again I am now left with hundreds of sheets which are unuseable again.

Also, is there really a need to the Registered address to be on there, along with the Post to address?  I do feel that this may cause some confusion for sellers as it could easily be sent to the Registered address rather than the Post to address.  Is there any way that we can select to turn off having the Registered address on the print outs?

Thank you

Hi @charmingdesignsdna,

There isn't any option to turn this off at the moment but I understand what your advising of in regards to your supplies. I'll feed it back to our development team for review.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

kat@ebay wrote:

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

kat@ebay wrote:

Thank you,

Kat

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

Thank you,

Kat

That is from the seller hub!!!  

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

I'm afraid that page is not the seller hub. Here is the link here to sign up to it on your account.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.