Negative feedback suppression & unsafe baby proofing items

Recently I bought some items described as 'Toddler Cupboard Cabinet Safety Locks Proof Door Drawer Fridge' with a view to using them to keep my, then very toddling 10 month old out of my cupboards. They arrive, I attached them, within minutes my toddler has pulled the door open and the 'locks' are hanging off. They are not fit for purpose. I go to return them.

Straight off the bat the seller is funny, not haha, they don't accept the return and tell me if I leave feedback it will be removed. Eventually ebay compells a return and I get a refund. The seller has been rude and sold me an unsafe 'safety' item, I leave negative feedback  it is removed.

I contact ebay and explain my concerns, I report the seller, their messages and the item. Eventually the item is removed from sale for safety concerns.

I'm peeved that my feedback was removed because it was fair and in the interest of other buyers but I'm really glad the item was removed from sale.

Please be aware, especially if you come across a tricky seller, that you can report the seller, their messages and items for sale. You have recourse beyond feedback and I find ebay always listen pretty well.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You do not say what you actually left in your feedback,  but if eBay was asked to remove it by the seller,  then you must have broken a feedback rule.

If you mentioned anything about a case,  refund, or fake,   then the seler can ask for it to be removed.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi, thank you. I said that the item wasn't safe, I'm under the impression that the seller had said from the start that I had not installed the items correctly. When I spoke to ebay, they said that they couldn't tell me why the feedback was removed, I did ask. Do you want me to remove the post, is it misleading in some way?

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: