FEEDBACK

RE FEEDBACK - OR ABSENCE OF ---  I ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS LEAVE SELLERS IMMEDIATE HONEST FEEDBACK  BELEIVING IT  IMPORTANT IN HELPING ALL EBAYERS. SO I FIND IT QUITE ANNOYING WHEN A SELLER DOESNT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ME EVEN SOMETIMES AFTER SENDING FRIENDLY REMINDER. COULD/SHOULD EBAY SHOW  No OF FEEDBACKS % - NOT POS/NEG % JUST % HOW OFTEN A SELLER LEAVES FB AS I AND IM SURE FOR MANY BUYERS THAT COULD THEN HELP WHEN CHOOSING BUYING FROM BETWEEN 2 OR POS 3 SELLERS. 

Message 1 of 123
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FEEDBACK

Would encourage both buyers and sellers to leave as to not would show them up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 123
See Most Recent
122 REPLIES 122

FEEDBACK

Would encourage both buyers and sellers to leave as to not would show them up.

Message 2 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Feedback is important for sellers but not so important for buyers as buyers can only have 100%.

Iv'e left far more feedback for sellers than i have received but it doesn't bother me as my interest is only really in receiving the item i bought.

I would never ever ask a seller or buyer to leave feedback for me ,it is voluntary.

Some do some don't.

And why have you marked your own post as the solution 😂

Message 3 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Yeah it's a shame but buyers rarely leave feedback anymore. I have hundreds of previous sales with no feedback. I don't bother chasing up for them to leave it either, it is a little cheeky imo.

Once you get a certain amount of feedback, it's no longer needed (unless you have a load of negatives). I don't really care if a seller has 1 or 100,000 positives, it's the negatives that make me decide if I trust a seller.

Message 4 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

are you buying items or feedback?

surely whether a seller leaves feedback or not has no bearing on the actual item you are buying!

sellers can only leave positive feedback now,

so some sellers just don't bother,

some do it monthly

some do it when they get time

some do it when they receive payment

some do it when they receive feedback from the buyer

the only feedback that counts is feedback left by the buyer for the seller

feedback from a seller to a buyer means nothing these days, giving someone a green dot just because they bought and paid for something is absolutely pointless

Message 5 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

I agree I always leave feedback but it's so annoying when people can't be bothered to leave you the same .

Message 6 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Personally I leave buyers feedback to say that their purchase has actually been dispatched and not rely on eBays printed stamp label information sent to buyers at time of printing, Giving the buyer an idea of when delivery is likely so can arrange their day around their normal RM delivery time.

As for a receiving as a seller as far as i'm personally concerned no feedback is good feedback as eBay in there wisdom the buyer when leaving feedback is meet 1st with large hightlighted box 'Return item'😠 If the buyer wanted to return then use the MBG and not have the idea thrust upon them putting ideas in their head🤔

Plus no feedback means the sellers DSR🌟 remains unaffected unless of course you need you're DSR to rise.

As a buyer I just leave the seller a received safely feedback if for nothing else they can delete the item from their sold list as received, Plus it might be helpfull if their payments on a 21 day hold.

Message 7 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

"Very Slow Delivery - Does Not Do Feedback - Bad Ebayer" is negative feedback you left a seller. 

I'm not sure complaining about them not leaving feedback in the feedback is what feedback is meant for.

But this is eBay so anything goes apparently.

Message 8 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Feedback benefits both sellers and buyers and is equally important. I leave feedback to buyers and sellers, ensuring everyone has feedback. In addition, feedback helps both sides to determine each other from their feedback. 

I'm with jo5073 on the frustration of not receiving feedback; both parties should leave feedback. Additionally, eBay should prompt more feedback. Helps a new eBay account gain more feedback and essential fundamental trust via acquiring feedback.

Message 9 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can't leave anything but positive for buyers, I only do it out of politeness if the buyer leaves me some. Otherwise, what are you going to say? "Paid"?

I generally leave it for sellers if the transaction and goods are OK, as it's no trouble, and might help them if they are unfortunate enough to sell to someone who is buying feedback instead of goods like the guy above.

Message 10 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

@jo5073 wrote:

RE FEEDBACK - OR ABSENCE OF ---  I ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS LEAVE SELLERS IMMEDIATE HONEST FEEDBACK  BELEIVING IT  IMPORTANT IN HELPING ALL EBAYERS. SO I FIND IT QUITE ANNOYING WHEN A SELLER DOESNT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ME EVEN SOMETIMES AFTER SENDING FRIENDLY REMINDER. COULD/SHOULD EBAY SHOW  No OF FEEDBACKS % - NOT POS/NEG % JUST % HOW OFTEN A SELLER LEAVES FB AS I AND IM SURE FOR MANY BUYERS THAT COULD THEN HELP WHEN CHOOSING BUYING FROM BETWEEN 2 OR POS 3 SELLERS. 

Don't let it worry you.

I'd be annoyed if a site started showing how often someone leaves feedback. Luckily enough I don't use any sites that implement such a bad idea.

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 11 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Feedback is it is optional.

I had some idiot seller harass me for feedback a couple of times

So I left a neg for feedback harassment.

Message 12 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Seen this sort of thread a good few times over the years.

Here is my take on it.

Since Ebay decided that sellers could not leave anything other than positive f/back for buyers in my humble opinion it became pointless.

Yes you could argue that f/back is an important part of the buying experiance, but it is also an important part of the selling experiance.

So a buyer can still see if a seller has a good rtating by checking that feedback, but what about the sellers who are looking to see if potentail buyers are jusat as good, won't mess about with prolonged payments, no pay at all, manipulate the returns process, without sellers being able to leave comments on those points & other aspects how is a seller meant to know?

On my own account I now only ever leave f/back once a buyer has done so for me, if they don't then I don't.

My take on that is that I have sold well over 10,000 items over the years but my feedback is around 4,380, so to me that means that the other 5220 sales were all positive experiances for the buyers ( As they were happy to keep the items with no complaints of refunds / returns ) but simply didn't bother to leave f/back for them.

Message 13 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Exactly!

It would be nice of eBay to automatcically give us sellers a positive if the buyer hasn't left any feedback after 60 days or so as the must be happy with their purchase after this time.

Message 14 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

@therma-tec wrote:

It would be nice of eBay to automatcically give us sellers a positive if the buyer hasn't left any feedback after 60 days or so as the must be happy with their purchase after this time.

Dangerous idea, which could lead to more neutral/negatives! In the past my not leaving feedback for a seller has been generous, because the experience certainly wasn't positive. If ebay step in with auto positives, I would then feel that as the experience wasn't positive, I have no option other than to leave a neutral/negative.

Message 15 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Here's another daft idea I'm thinking eBay will like, add another column to feedback for no feedback left.

Message 16 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

therma-tec wrote:

You would like to think that a buyer would be happy after 60 days, infact I would like to assume that once a buyer has an item then if you don't hear from them after a week then they are happy, regardless of if f/back is left or not.

I suspect there will be exceptions to this with warranty items or electrials going wrong after a short period of time, but for most things, like clothes, jewellery, pottery, glass etc etc, then a buyer would know within 30 seconds of opening an item on receipt.

But see below on a follow up comment:

Kempsey Kate wrote: Dangerous idea, which could lead to more neutral/negatives! In the past my not leaving feedback for a seller has been generous, because the experience certainly wasn't positive. If ebay step in with auto positives, I would then feel that as the experience wasn't positive, I have no option other than to leave a neutral/negative.

Not really sure what you mean by "Generous" by not leaving f/back, unless it was for an item you returned & the sale was cancelled - Perhaps you could elaberate?

As I would assume that if you ordered an item & then  kept an item, it meant you wanted to keep the item & were happy with it, so overall the experiance must have been positive, or why would you keep it o9r not leave comments / ratings to say otherwise?

So to say I would then feel that you had no choice but to leave neutral or neg comments / ratings would seem a bit harsh, or is that just me?

P.S "Kempsey" this is not me trying to start an arguement, but simply as I don't get your point, if I don't like something I return it, if it's broken I return it, if it's not as described I return it, but if I keep it, then I'm happy with it.

Message 17 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

I really don’t get why so many members obsess about feedback. The system has never been fit for purpose. The same goes for all those review websites.

Message 18 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

If a seller sold 100 items and 99 buyers didn't leave feedback but 1 buyer left a negative it would totally screw up a sellers feedback score and would hinder that seller making anymore sales. So there SHOULD be something in place to take this into consideration and adjust the sellers feedback accordingly.

Message 19 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

@smudgenshads wrote:

Kempsey Kate wrote: Dangerous idea, which could lead to more neutral/negatives! In the past my not leaving feedback for a seller has been generous, because the experience certainly wasn't positive. If ebay step in with auto positives, I would then feel that as the experience wasn't positive, I have no option other than to leave a neutral/negative.

Not really sure what you mean by "Generous" by not leaving f/back, unless it was for an item you returned & the sale was cancelled - Perhaps you could elaberate?

As I would assume that if you ordered an item & then  kept an item, it meant you wanted to keep the item & were happy with it, so overall the experiance must have been positive, or why would you keep it o9r not leave comments / ratings to say otherwise?

So to say I would then feel that you had no choice but to leave neutral or neg comments / ratings would seem a bit harsh, or is that just me?

I didn't want to write an essay on 'reasons why', but as you asked ....!

Reason 1)  I bought an item from a business seller. It was the wrong item.  Got in touch , no response. Opened a case and they sent a postage label, but it was for item to be dropped at PO, for a variety of reasons, that wasn't suitable. So I asked them to arrange collection. Nothing happened, contacted ebay who refunded me and told me to keep the item.  Again, tried to get seller to send label. Didn't hear anything.

I felt leaving a big red neg,  was a bit over the top, as I had had my refund and the item (which eventually went in the bin, bit by bit). Their feedback was pretty good on the whole, so I'm happy to accept that this was just a blip from them - no need to keep punish them further!

Reason 2) I have pretty high standards and kind of expect others to be the same - even though years as a buyer on ebay has taught me this isn't always the case! I used to buy items to resell when I had a business on here. Other people's idea of 'good condition' was vastly different to mine. I did return the really bad ones, others I kept and just made a little less profit on than I would if they had been in genuinely 'good condition'.

Maybe I'm too nice, but as most of these items were from private sellers, I just accepted the fact that our ideas of 'good condition' were different, so didn't  leave negative feedback - but would have grudgingly done so if I had known that ebay were going to leave them an auto positive after 30 days.

Reason 3) and this is really an extension on Reason 2) .. packaging - I pack things to survive the journey. If a  valuable china item arrived broken in a jiffy bag, that would probably get a neg from me. But a novel that got  bent because it was only sent in a mailing sack, with no protection (yes, megalisters, you know who you are!) proably wouldn't get feedback from me - it certainly wasn't positive, but if the book is readable, I can just read it and bin it afterwards. Again, I wouldn't want them to get an auto positive, so were ebay doing that, I would leave a neutral or neg (and it would probably be a neg, as I don't really see the point of a neutral).

Reason 4) (This one hypothetical fortunately!) A seller was incredibly rude to me, but did eventually send the item, which was perfect. I have got the item I wanted, and am pleased with it, but was it overall a positive  experience?

Message 20 of 123
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: