FEEDBACK

RE FEEDBACK - OR ABSENCE OF ---  I ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS LEAVE SELLERS IMMEDIATE HONEST FEEDBACK  BELEIVING IT  IMPORTANT IN HELPING ALL EBAYERS. SO I FIND IT QUITE ANNOYING WHEN A SELLER DOESNT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ME EVEN SOMETIMES AFTER SENDING FRIENDLY REMINDER. COULD/SHOULD EBAY SHOW  No OF FEEDBACKS % - NOT POS/NEG % JUST % HOW OFTEN A SELLER LEAVES FB AS I AND IM SURE FOR MANY BUYERS THAT COULD THEN HELP WHEN CHOOSING BUYING FROM BETWEEN 2 OR POS 3 SELLERS. 

Message 1 of 123
See Most Recent
122 REPLIES 122

FEEDBACK

If you were replying to me, thank you but as soon as I click on the feedback comment box the auto feedback comment pops up and I cannot remove it either by left or right clicking. It states that I had considered 2 other options which I hadn't and it says that the packaging was perfect which it wasn't , in fact the box was damaged. If Ebay insist on making me lie I will simply leave no feedback.

Message 41 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Yes, that is the new format:

Feedback1.jpg

You don't need to try and remove it, just click in the comment box and start typing - the example comment will disappear:

feedback2.jpg

Message 42 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Ebay have totally screwed up feedback since they upgraded it and are now telling us what to say as usual they cant leave things alone that work. At the moment (and for the last 4 days) I cannot leave feedback to buyers who have paid me quickly if I use the 'Leave Feedback' icon it assumes it me leaving feedback, so I can leave myself great feedback but cannot tell my buyers thanks for paying quickly, FOUR days and I spoke with an eBay representative who topd me she would make sure the tech guys knew after she checked my sold items and tried the feedback item to make sure I was correct

Message 43 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Leaving feedback for a buyer is absolutely pointless as it can only be a positive. Sellers leaving a positive (+) and putting negative comments is even more pointless.

Feedback for sellers is the only thing that matters on Ebay and I cannot understand why buyers hound sellers to leave feedback.

I only leave feedback (and that's if I remember at the end of the month) once a buyer leaves me feedback and to be honest, I don't really care if they do or don't.

Message 44 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Hi obviously you are entitled to your way of doing things
I prefer to say thanks to people who pay quickly and then I can get on with
packing and off to the shipper
But at the moment as eBay have changed their 'Leave Feedback' system if I
go to a buyer to say thanks, its corrupted and I can leave myself feedback
as when I use the tab it presumes I am the buyer.
eBay has a lot to answer for, for altering things without asking the
community that uses it. What we would like to see changed should be
considered but we never get a say. Just because you CAN change things it
doesn't mean you have to, also on the new feedback icon they now suggest
what you should say!!1
Regards
John
Message 45 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

It's not corrupted, it the new form.

Just click into the text box, the example will disappear when you start typing and you can leave the feedback you want.

Ignore the fact that ebay don't know a seller from a buyer  (they don't know their elbow from other body parts either) - it will still go to the person you are leaving it for.

Message 46 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer to say thanks to people who pay quickly and then I can get on with
packing and off to the shipper

Feedback is about providing useful and accurate  information to help other members about in the future, it is not supposed to be a patronising thank you just for paying for something they want.

If you want to participate in the feedback system then do it properly so that what you say actually provides relevant true and accurate information help the community and not something that could be misleading and have consequences for others following on behind you.

Message 47 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

I'll give it a go and ask the buyer if they get it
So why should we have to guess?
Also if I do leave myself feedback I'm going to be generous hehe
I've been a member for over 20 years and still don't understand the
constant changes without any explanation or guidance
Regards John
Message 48 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

So according to what you are saying
Its in your opinion it's actually patronizing to be pleased someone paid
immediately and to tell them so? I would have thought sellers would be
pleased with buyers who accomplish that, Ive had people leave me hanging
for days and then moan they didn't get the item fast enough!!
Regards
John
Message 49 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

So according to what you are saying
Its in your opinion it's actually patronizing to be pleased someone paid
immediately and to tell them so? 

Absolutely, patronising and of no use not only to the recipient but the rest of the community.

I would sooner have the seller wait until I have received the item and left feedback to acknowledge that I am happy with the way they have conducted their business, and then they can leave a true and accurate feedback mentioning any qualities I have show for the benefit of the community rather than some useless paid quickly which doesn't tell anyone anything useful.

Message 50 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Even if a buyer took the full 4 days to pay, you couldn't leave any negative comments stating that. Firstly it's against Ebay's rules and they could get it removed and secondly you would probably get a neutral / negative in response or at very best no feedback, so once again feedback (especially fast payment / pleasant transaction) for buyers is a complete and utter waste of time.

Message 51 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

I always usually leave a generic fast payment type feedback. If it makes half the buyers smile and think he's a good guy then it works for me. I don't particularly care about getting any feedback in return.

For me the main point in leaving the feedback first is simply it's a clear record of things sold.

When it comes to feedback everyone chooses what works for them. This works for me.

Message 52 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Hi,

I have always left feedback on the items I have bought on ebay and majority are favourable.

When I tried to leave feedback this time, I select the item tick positive, but where I would put my comments it is defaulting text, will not allow me to delete text and not allowing me to give feedback. I have never had this problem before.

Message 53 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't delete the text, you just write over it and the pre text will go away, what you see in the box first is just an example.

Message 54 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

The new feedback for buyers is notvas good ,it won't let you keep it at a minimum but wants an essay of you ,I preferred the old way where it was much simpler ,eg nice price ,good quality ,fast delivery, great fit 

Message 55 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

You can keep it as short as you like - a single letter will do!

Message 56 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@josieg1960 wrote:

The new feedback for buyers is notvas good ,it won't let you keep it at a minimum but wants an essay of you ,I preferred the old way where it was much simpler ,eg nice price ,good quality ,fast delivery, great fit 

The old system of 80 characters was about right, it encouraged you to be professional and fit all you needed to say in the space provided.

The new system, which I suspect is ebay's way of turning the feedback system  into a review system is now open to all the people who just want to rant especially about postage or couriers they have an issue with.

When you now look at someone feedback it is turning into a mess, very long winded irrational rants, where as compared to the old which looks neat and tidy and any issue's are easy to recognise.

Message 57 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

To be fair, some of those loger comments are good for spotting additions to the BBL!

Message 58 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but it looks messy  untidy and unprofessional, on my current feedback received page all the feedback comments are neat and tidy professional one line comments, except for one that sticks out like a spare something at a wedding, makes the whole page look messy.

Message 59 of 123
See Most Recent

FEEDBACK

@therma-tec wrote:

Even if a buyer took the full 4 days to pay, you couldn't leave any negative comments stating that.

That is probably something to dp with the buyer having the right to take uo to four days.  A bit like a seller being entitled to take his declared dispatch time. More, and the buyer gets a non-payment strike.

@therma-tec wrote:

Even if a buyer took the full 4 days to pay, you couldn't leave any negative comments stating that. Firstly it's against Ebay's rules and they could get it removed and secondly you would probably get a neutral / negative in response or at very best no feedback.

What, all that for violating ebay policy in a way you'd certainly know you were doing? Imagine that!

"Oh dear, there is no neg button! Some kind of system glitch, surely, but I am so desperate to warn other sellers that I must do so in the guise of a positive." I don't think so. I dare say there are sellers daft enough to believe a negative positive, but I bet they don't go looking for them. After all, if a buyer had anything to hide, why wouldn't be buy by BIN or in the last seconds of a listing? Then, for the seller, it is put up or shut up time, and among the reasons ebay allow him for a cancellation, there is no "I don't like a negative positive someone left for him."

In fact if a buyer is in doubt about whether to buy, the seller's feedback left is well worth searching for negative positives.

In general I am in favour of the new feedback system. Some situations, good or bad, couldn't be expressed in eighty characters and spaces. One thing that has disappeared, though, is the ability to bring up, for reuse, a menu of previous comments you have used. Still, if you find typing too much work or humiliation, you can cut and paste the first from a batch of feedback you leave.

A lomg time ago it was much commoner for sellers to include in the listing a magnanimous offer to leave positive feedback as soon as they knew you were happy with your purchase. In a spirit of scientific inquiry I assembled a considerable backlog of such transactions, and instead of feedback sent messages explaining in fulsome terms, with more detail than eighty characters would permit, that I was well-nigh ecstatic about their item and service.

Would you believe it, not one remembered his pledged word to leave positive feedback when they knew that? I do believe they only cared about its being in feedback, and had no desire for me to feel more happiness to not open a case. Isn't that what you would conclude?

This is the reason for the kicking and squealing we would see from sellers, if ebay proposed doing away with feedback on buyers.

Message 60 of 123
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: